BE PART OF BUILDING THE FUTURE.
Since our founding in 2009, Pure Storage has empowered innovators to build a better world with data. In less than eight years, Pure reached $1B in sales, faster than nearly every enterprise company in history, and our incredible growth continues to outpace the competition.
Our mission? Deliver a simple, evergreen data platform that enables everyone to turn data into intelligence and advantage. The secret sauce? More than 3,000 team members (and growing!) around the world who join forces to invent the next big thing. And then the next one.
The world is experiencing a revolution driven by next-generation technology like AI, machine learning, virtual reality, quantum computing, and self-driving cars—all of which require unprecedented amounts of data. This sets the stage for Pure’s technology to grow exponentially in the coming years.
We’ve only scratched the surface of our ambitions, and as we continue to gobble up market share, we’re blazing trails and setting records:
- For five straight years, Gartner has named Pure a leader in the Magic Quadrant for Solid-State Arrays.
- Our customer-first culture and unwavering commitment to innovation have earned us a Satmetrix Net Promoter Score in the top 1% of B2B companies globally.
- Pure puts a premium on the future, investing 26% of revenue into R&D.
If you, like us, say “bring it on” to exciting challenges that change the world, we have endless opportunities where you can make your mark.
SHOULD YOU ACCEPT THIS CHALLENGE...
What You Will Be Doing
The Director of Corporate FP&A will be the leader of our Corporate FP&A team. This role is responsible for generating and delivering insight and recommendations to our executive leadership on a recurring basis through our weekly, monthly, and quarterly review cadence. The successful candidate will drive operational processes and systems that scale for Pure’s growth with improved efficiency. This role will also focus on driving more alignment and consistency with our Business Partner leads who support Sales & Marketing, BUs, G&A and Operations & Customer Support leadership teams, understanding what they need to support their business partners and providing tools and processes they can leverage. This alignment will also help ensure consistency in the corporate consolidation process for planning, forecast and monthly/quarterly financial and operational reporting.
- Drive analyses that deliver insights and recommendations to our executive leadership team for strategic and operational planning decisions.
- Oversee and manage the continued development of budgeting, forecasting, planning and modeling tools and processes.
- Drive consistent, integrated systems and build scalable processes, including getting more into the operational “nits” that feed into the information and data the Corporate FP&A team needs to look at company-wide trends and performance indicators.
- Lead cross functional teams to look across our systems (Anaplan, SFDC, NetSuite, Concur, WorkDay, etc) and assess how they can integrate and scale.
- Partner with our Business Partner FP&A leads to understand how they provide Finance support, what they need and how Corporate FP&A can enable them to provide the best support.
- Come up with a consistent budget tracking system/process the various groups can leverage
- Deliver a business partner financial package that can be leveraged by Corporate FP&A for consolidations as well as the business partner FP&A leads to communicate financial results in a standard format to their business partners on a monthly and quarterly basis.
- Perform ad hoc analysis including, but not limited to, bookings progress, gross margin trends, headcount and hiring status, opex trends, and other operational metrics.
What You Bring To The Team
- The position requires an individual who has successfully scaled a Corporate FP&A function at a fast paced / high growth technology company.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills; skilled in translating ideas into clear, high impact communications.
- Ability to influence senior leadership and operationally execute decisions.
- Excellent analytical, decision-making, project management and financial modeling abilities
- Finance, Accounting, Economics BS degree or equivalent. MBA preferred and a plus
- 12+ Years of increasing FP&A responsibilities
- Ability to partner cross functionally, through strong relationship building and communication skills, with all levels of management
- Curiosity to take deep dives into status quo and drive effective changes that scale, even or especially if it means establishing new processes or what hasn’t been done before.
- Experience with NetSuite, Salesforce, and Anaplan software a plus
BE YOU—CORPORATE CLONES NEED NOT APPLY.
Pure is where you ask big questions, think differently, and make an impact. This is not just a job, but a place where you have a voice and can accelerate your career. We value unique thoughts and celebrate individuality, and with ample opportunity to learn, develop yourself, and expand into different roles, joining Pure is an investment in your career journey.
Through our Pure Equality program, which supports a flourishing field of employee resource groups, we nourish the personal and professional lives of our team members. And our Pure Good Foundation gives back to local and global communities through volunteering and grants.
And because we understand the value of bringing your full and best self to work, we offer a variety of perks to manage a healthy balance, including flexible time off, wellness resources, and company-sponsored team events.
PURE IS COMMITTED TO EQUALITY.
Pure is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other characteristic legally protected by the laws of the jurisdiction in which you are being considered for hire. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at TA-Ops@purestorage.com.