BE PART OF BUILDING THE FUTURE.
Since our founding in 2009, Pure Storage has empowered innovators to build a better world with data. In less than eight years, Pure reached $1B in sales, faster than nearly every enterprise company in history, and our incredible growth continues to outpace the competition.
Our mission? Deliver a simple, evergreen data platform that enables everyone to turn data into intelligence and advantage. The secret sauce? More than 3,000 team members (and growing!) around the world who join forces to invent the next big thing. And then the next one.
The world is experiencing a revolution driven by next-generation technology like AI, machine learning, virtual reality, quantum computing, and self-driving cars—all of which require unprecedented amounts of data. This sets the stage for Pure’s technology to grow exponentially in the coming years.
We’ve only scratched the surface of our ambitions, and as we continue to gobble up market share, we’re blazing trails and setting records:
- For five straight years, Gartner has named Pure a leader in the Magic Quadrant for Solid-State Arrays.
- Our customer-first culture and unwavering commitment to innovation have earned us a Satmetrix Net Promoter Score in the top 1% of B2B companies globally.
- Pure puts a premium on the future, investing 26% of revenue into R&D.
If you, like us, say “bring it on” to exciting challenges that change the world, we have endless opportunities where you can make your mark.
SHOULD YOU ACCEPT THIS CHALLENGE...
This position will assist with the daily recording of financial transactions in NetSuite specifically focused in the areas of cost and capex; preparation of account reconciliations of the balance sheet and account analyses of income statement accounts; and participation in ad-hoc projects. This position will work on the month-end and quarter-end close, as well as shortening the close process. This position will also be required to collaborate with other departments to ensure appropriate recording of transactions. The position will also focus on learning and understanding the Operations and Support functions within the business to improve upon existing cross-functional processes and internal reporting.
- Prepare and/or enter journal entries for month-, quarter- and year-end close
- Maintains and balances subaccounts by verifying, allocating, posting, reconciling transactions; resolving discrepancies
- Actively participate in the process of reviewing, analyzing, and booking / overseeing the booking of journal entries for Purchase Price Variance, Inventory Revaluation, Inventory Reserves, Supplier Rebates, and more
- Assist in performing physical inventory counts when necessary
- Prepare accruals and review account reconciliations to support recorded balances and track activity
- Assist in preparing reports and providing accounting-related information and analyses to departmental managers, management team, and auditors
- Monitor, analyze, and report on inventory level, cost of goods sold, and manufacturing variances
- Understand the inventory costing and manufacturing processes in order to help advise on improvements throughout the business
- Collaborates with other departments to ensure that business transactions are appropriately accounted for.
- Supports external audit requests by providing account analyses and support for selections.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the supervisor
- Work as a communicator and collaborator with Operations and Support teams
- B.S. degree in Finance or Accounting
- Minimum 2-4 years of related industry experience or audit experience in technology hardware clients
- Experience in a relevant accounting/finance role in a high tech environment
- Strong understanding of US GAAP
- Self-starter with upward career aspirations, strong analytical abilities and a good team player
- Ability to work in a dynamic team environment
- Strong Excel skills
- Experience with Oracle, NetSuite, or SAP is a plus
- Detail and deadline-oriented
- Big 4 public accounting firm is a plus
BE YOU—CORPORATE CLONES NEED NOT APPLY.
Pure is where you ask big questions, think differently, and make an impact. This is not just a job, but a place where you have a voice and can accelerate your career. We value unique thoughts and celebrate individuality, and with ample opportunity to learn, develop yourself, and expand into different roles, joining Pure is an investment in your career journey.
Through our Pure Equality program, which supports a flourishing field of employee resource groups, we nourish the personal and professional lives of our team members. And our Pure Good Foundation gives back to local and global communities through volunteering and grants.
And because we understand the value of bringing your full and best self to work, we offer a variety of perks to manage a healthy balance, including flexible time off, wellness resources, and company-sponsored team events.
PURE IS COMMITTED TO EQUALITY.
Pure is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other characteristic legally protected by the laws of the jurisdiction in which you are being considered for hire. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at TA-Ops@purestorage.com.