BE PART OF BUILDING THE FUTURE.
Since our founding in 2009, Pure Storage has empowered innovators to build a better world with data. In less than eight years, Pure reached $1B in sales, faster than nearly every enterprise company in history, and our incredible growth continues to outpace the competition.
Our mission? Deliver a simple, evergreen data platform that enables everyone to turn data into intelligence and advantage. The secret sauce? More than 3,000 team members (and growing!) around the world who join forces to invent the next big thing. And then the next one.
The world is experiencing a revolution driven by next-generation technology like AI, machine learning, virtual reality, quantum computing, and self-driving cars—all of which require unprecedented amounts of data. This sets the stage for Pure’s technology to grow exponentially in the coming years.
We’ve only scratched the surface of our ambitions, and as we continue to gobble up market share, we’re blazing trails and setting records:
- For five straight years, Gartner has named Pure a leader in the Magic Quadrant for Solid-State Arrays.
- Our customer-first culture and unwavering commitment to innovation have earned us a Satmetrix Net Promoter Score in the top 1% of B2B companies globally.
- Pure puts a premium on the future, investing 26% of revenue into R&D.
If you, like us, say “bring it on” to exciting challenges that change the world, we have endless opportunities where you can make your mark.
SHOULD YOU ACCEPT THIS CHALLENGE...
The Global Professional Services team is looking to bring on a PS Migration Engineer. You will utilize your strong technical competencies in the field of data migration to provide the highest level of implementation capability and technical consultation Pure customers. You will become intimately acquainted with the customer's business requirements, technical needs, systems, environment and enabling you to handle low risk data migrations. You will build migration solutions for our customers and will be expected to be a member of remote delivery team doing data migrations. This position can be hired remotely within the United States.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
- Participate in customer evaluations and proof of concepts for deploying test data migrations onto Pure systems.
- Deliver migration cutovers to our customers, either as a sole resource or member of a migration team.
- Preparation and delivery of technical and architecture solution
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO BRING TO THIS ROLE…
- Broad exposure to a variety of technologies/concepts and technical environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- BS in CS, EE or other technical degree and/or equivalent experience
- Proven ability to manage large scale migrations.
- 2-5 years’ minimum experience of data migration and associated technical design to a multitude of large enterprise customers.
- Experience with Virtualization Tools – Cisco/Microsoft/VMWare (Cloud solution migrations)
- Experience with technical platform or infrastructure migration tools such as Logical Volume Manager (LVM), Datadobi, Open Replicator, Online Import, Robo copy, Ciurrus Data Solutions Appliance
- Experience with Data Center Migration Implementations for block, Object and file share data
- Experience with Multi-vendor server and storage platforms such as NetApp, EMC, HP and Hyper-V and VMWare virtualization platforms
- Experience with Windows, AIX and Linux operating systems
- Knowledge of Local Area Networking, Ethernet, TCP/IP and general networking experience.
- Superior knowledge of current and emerging storage architectures (FC, iSCSI, NAS, OSD, SAN)
BE YOU—CORPORATE CLONES NEED NOT APPLY.
Pure is where you ask big questions, think differently, and make an impact. This is not just a job, but a place where you have a voice and can accelerate your career. We value unique thoughts and celebrate individuality, and with ample opportunity to learn, develop yourself, and expand into different roles, joining Pure is an investment in your career journey.
Through our Pure Equality program, which supports a flourishing field of employee resource groups, we nourish the personal and professional lives of our team members. And our Pure Good Foundation gives back to local and global communities through volunteering and grants.
And because we understand the value of bringing your full and best self to work, we offer a variety of perks to manage a healthy balance, including flexible time off, wellness resources, and company-sponsored team events.
PURE IS COMMITTED TO EQUALITY.
Pure is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other characteristic legally protected by the laws of the jurisdiction in which you are being considered for hire. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at TA-Ops@purestorage.com.
APPLICANT & CANDIDATE PERSONAL INFORMATION PRIVACY NOTICE.
If you're wondering how or why Pure collects or uses information you provide, we invite you to check out our Applicant & Candidate Personal Information Protection Notice.
DEEMED EXPORT LICENSE NOTICE.
Some positions may require a deemed export license for compliance with applicable laws and regulations. Please note: Pure does not currently sponsor deemed export license applications so we are unable to proceed with applicants requiring stated sponsorship.