BE PART OF BUILDING THE FUTURE.
Since our founding in 2009, Pure Storage has empowered innovators to build a better world with data. In less than eight years, Pure reached $1B in sales, faster than nearly every enterprise company in history, and our incredible growth continues to outpace the competition.
Our mission? Deliver a simple, evergreen data platform that enables everyone to turn data into intelligence and advantage. The secret sauce? More than 3,000 team members (and growing!) around the world who join forces to invent the next big thing. And then the next one.
The world is experiencing a revolution driven by next-generation technology like AI, machine learning, virtual reality, quantum computing, and self-driving cars—all of which require unprecedented amounts of data. This sets the stage for Pure’s technology to grow exponentially in the coming years.
We’ve only scratched the surface of our ambitions, and as we continue to gobble up market share, we’re blazing trails and setting records:
- For five straight years, Gartner has named Pure a leader in the Magic Quadrant for Solid-State Arrays.
- Our customer-first culture and unwavering commitment to innovation have earned us a Satmetrix Net Promoter Score in the top 1% of B2B companies globally.
- Pure puts a premium on the future, investing 26% of revenue into R&D.
If you, like us, say “bring it on” to exciting challenges that change the world, we have endless opportunities where you can make your mark.
SHOULD YOU ACCEPT THIS CHALLENGE...
Pure Storage is seeking an experienced, energetic and highly motivated person for Global Trade Shows and Events. This individual has experience not only in managing events end to end but also possesses strong skills in trade show management on a global basis. You know how to manage and coordinate global and domestic logistics of programs, including event services, budgets, demos, giveaways, program timelines, and materials needed pre- and post-event. You know how to coordinate global exhibit set-up, equipment and catering requirements and are able and willing to travel to provide on-site event support. You have mad skills in simultaneously managing multiple projects with attention to detail, achieving all deadlines, and performing analysis for each event to determine ROI. You have the ability to coordinate with multiple internal and external stakeholders at all levels, balancing a collaborative approach with the right measure of assertiveness and a customer first attitude.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING...
- Organize and lead regular planning meetings in various timezones with internal teams such as product marketing, corporate marketing, and third-party vendors for tradeshow and events
- Manage timelines and deliverables for logistics/creative/marketing teams and ensure critical deadlines are communicated, tracked and met
- Clearly communicate objectives, project status and updates to team members on a regular basis
- Prepare and manage budget for shows and events, reconcile invoices/PO in a timely manner to ensure accuracy
- Create event overview presentation, staff schedule and show survival guide; coordinate staff training
- Collaborate with exhibit house vendors globally to either utilize existing booth property or rental properties—identifying the most cost-effective option
- Globally manage logistic requirements and deadlines for drayage, electric, shipping, etc.
- Procure, coordinate and manage global third-party vendors such as decorator, A/V, catering, freight shipping, labor/show unions, and show management
- Manage on-site exhibit setup, support during show hours and breakdown of events; organize and run after hour events and transportation
- Program manage small events and programs dependent on event team needs and calendar in form of conferences, c-level events, sponsorship hospitality programs, roadshows, etc
- Take responsibility for collaborating with Marketing and Sales leadership on pre and post event activities to create a 360 marketing program
- Co-develops success metrics and associated dashboards for reporting on event as well as campaign success
- Responsible for pan-regional events, such as APJ-wide 'Pure Live/Accelerate' roadshows
- Monitor the event landscape and propose Event strategies as appropriate for the region
- Ability to lift and move materials – 30lb+
- Travel up to 50% globally and domestically for tradeshows and other events as needed
- Ability to work non-traditional hours to meet global program requirements and stakeholder needs
- This position is located primarily in our Mt. View, CA office but does have flexibility for working from home as needed based on program and event requirements.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO BRING TO THIS ROLE...
- 7-10 years of experience managing meetings, tradeshows and events
- Team player who possesses strong interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
- Ability to operate in a region with great cultural diversity; show awareness, sensitivity and respect to the various cultural differences
- Creative problem-solver with ability to multi-task, manage multiple projects and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Self-starter with sense of humor and positive professional demeanour who requires little hand holding
- Proficient with Microsoft Office including Powerpoint, Excel, Word, SmartSheets, and Google docs
- Strong cost analysis, accounting reconciliation and budgetary responsibilities
- Strong communication, analytical, and organizational skills, budgeting responsibility, attention to detail
- Solid database knowledge in event registration and event app software a plus
- Salesforce.com and Marketo experience
BE YOU—CORPORATE CLONES NEED NOT APPLY.
Pure is where you ask big questions, think differently, and make an impact. This is not just a job, but a place where you have a voice and can accelerate your career. We value unique thoughts and celebrate individuality, and with ample opportunity to learn, develop yourself, and expand into different roles, joining Pure is an investment in your career journey.
Through our Pure Equality program, which supports a flourishing field of employee resource groups, we nourish the personal and professional lives of our team members. And our Pure Good Foundation gives back to local and global communities through volunteering and grants.
And because we understand the value of bringing your full and best self to work, we offer a variety of perks to manage a healthy balance, including flexible time off, wellness resources, and company-sponsored team events.
PURE IS COMMITTED TO EQUALITY.
Pure is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other characteristic legally protected by the laws of the jurisdiction in which you are being considered for hire. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at TA-Ops@purestorage.com.
APPLICANT & CANDIDATE PERSONAL INFORMATION PRIVACY NOTICE.
If you're wondering how or why Pure collects or uses information you provide, we invite you to check out our Applicant & Candidate Personal Information Protection Notice.
DEEMED EXPORT LICENSE NOTICE.
Some positions may require a deemed export license for compliance with applicable laws and regulations. Please note: Pure does not currently sponsor deemed export license applications so we are unable to proceed with applicants requiring stated sponsorship.