Melod BE PART OF BUILDING THE FUTURE.
Since our founding in 2009, Pure Storage has empowered innovators to build a better world with data. In less than eight years, Pure reached $1B in sales, faster than nearly every enterprise company in history, and our incredible growth continues to outpace the competition.
Our mission? Deliver a simple, evergreen data platform that enables everyone to turn data into intelligence and advantage. The secret sauce? More than 3,000 team members (and growing!) around the world who join forces to invent the next big thing. And then the next one.
The world is experiencing a revolution driven by next-generation technology like AI, machine learning, virtual reality, quantum computing, and self-driving cars—all of which require unprecedented amounts of data. This sets the stage for Pure’s technology to grow exponentially in the coming years.
We’ve only scratched the surface of our ambitions, and as we continue to gobble up market share, we’re blazing trails and setting records:
- For five straight years, Gartner has named Pure a leader in the Magic Quadrant for Solid-State Arrays.
- Our customer-first culture and unwavering commitment to innovation have earned us a Satmetrix Net Promoter Score in the top 1% of B2B companies globally.
- Pure puts a premium on the future, investing 26% of revenue into R&D.
If you, like us, say “bring it on” to exciting challenges that change the world, we have endless opportunities where you can make your mark.
SHOULD YOU ACCEPT THIS CHALLENGE...
This new role will be responsible for leading the execution and management of the Ethics and Integrity program at Pure, for spearheading employee awareness to ensure compliance with Company policies and the law, and for taking substantial ownership of ethics- and/or compliance-related investigations. Our ideal candidate will be comfortable with and experienced in providing practical and easy to understand advice to internal business partners on a range of topics including Pure’s code of conduct, conflicts of interest, anti-kickback, anti-corruption, and anti-bribery policies, as well as ensuring that employee or third-party concerns are responded to, investigated, and addressed in a prompt and thorough manner. This role will report to the Associate General Counsel - Global Employment Law, Ethics & Compliance, Investigations & Litigation and will partner with other members of Legal, Internal Audit, Corporate Security, and HR team members around the globe.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Striving to improve Pure’s compliance position by partnering across the organization to develop relevant, meaningful ethics and integrity messaging;
- Leading or overseeing investigations globally pertaining to anti-corruption, anti-bribery, antitrust, conflict of interest and other Code of Conduct matters
- Owning Pure’s ethics compliance and case management tracker and conducting and interpreting data analytics relating to ethics and investigations program
- Reviewing concerns or complaints raised through the Speak Up Hotline or other channels, determining the appropriate action to be taken, including the investigation scope and plan.
- Conducting annual risk assessments of Pure’s Ethics & Integrity program
- Creating awareness for ethics and compliance through campaigns and periodic communications;
- Drafting and leading trainings on Ethics and Integrity topics, and supporting other trainings, policy rollouts, and compliance reviews globally on an as needed basis
- Overseeing and/or conducting internal investigations through every phase, including discovery, witness interviews, findings and recommendations.
- Partnering closely with Internal Audit, Corporate Security, HR, and other business units to conduct and ensure timely completion of investigations and remediation plans.
- Staying on top of enforcement and compliance requirement trends, identifying potential areas of risk, and proposing appropriate stakeholders are assigned responsibility for oversight in risk areas.
- Actively promoting a culture of compliance by heightening awareness among employees of compliance risks and policies by aligning and educating stakeholders and business orgs regarding current and emerging risks and trends.
- Managing conflicts of interest clearance and partnering with Internal Audit on pre-approvals for gifts and entertainment.
- Assisting in implementation and execution of risk based third party due diligence and corporate-wide risk assessments
What You Bring to the Table
- A trusted advisor who provides a good balance of risk-taking and judgment with unquestionable integrity, credibility and character, who displays high moral and ethical behavior at all times.
- 6-8 years’ experience, including substantial experience in leading internal investigations and/or litigation and preferably involving transnational laws such as anti-corruption laws and human resource matters (experience at DOJ or with transnational laws such as anti-corruption laws is a nice-to-have!)
- Impeccable attention to detail and sound judgment and ability to analyze complex situations
- Insatiable desire to learn, a proactive nature, a “can-do” attitude, and not afraid to roll up their sleeves
- High degree of discretion and maturity as to the sensitive nature of compliance activities
- Strong writing and oral communication abilities
- Ability to prioritize and manage deadlines in a fast-paced and demanding work environment
- Strong EQ; a good listener with outstanding interpersonal skills and a natural, consultative style; personable and can quickly build trust and confidence with internal and external parties;
- JD degree and license to practice law in California required, other relevant jurisdictions welcome
- Experience in implementing and monitoring practical and pragmatic policies and procedures to ensure that Pure’s Ethics & Integrity programs are effective;
- Efficient in identifying, preventing, detecting and remediating any non-compliances and gaps with applicable laws and regulations;
- Experience in conducting compliance-related confidential and privileged internal investigations, working closely with the HR, IT, Corporate Security, Legal and Internal Audit functions, when applicable;
- Experience developing, reviewing and maintaining data-driven metrics that provide actionable insight for the compliance program’s continuous development; and
- Demonstrated ability to create and conduct engaging and effective live training presentations and the creation of effective interactive electronic training programs
- A quick study; able to quickly scale and handle complex matters with multiple initiatives simultaneously
- Excited to engage in opportunities outside your comfort zone
- Wants to be part of the Best Legal Team on the Planet!
BE YOU - CORPORATE CLONES APPLY NEED NOT APPLY
Pure is where you ask big questions, think differently, and make an impact. This is not just a job, but a place where you have a voice and can accelerate your career. We value unique thoughts and celebrate individuality, and with ample opportunity to learn, develop yourself, and expand into different roles, joining Pure is an investment in your career journey.
Through our Pure Equality program, which supports a flourishing field of employee resource groups, we nourish the personal and professional lives of our team members. And our Pure Good Foundation gives back to local and global communities through volunteering and grants.
And because we understand the value of bringing your full and best self to work, we offer a variety of perks to manage a healthy balance, including flexible time off, wellness resources, and company-sponsored team events.
PURE IS COMMITTED TO EQUALITY.
Pure is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other characteristic legally protected by the laws of the jurisdiction in which you are being considered for hire. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at TA-Ops@purestorage.com.
APPLICANT & CANDIDATE PERSONAL INFORMATION PRIVACY NOTICE.
If you're wondering how or why Pure collects or uses information you provide, we invite you to check out our Applicant & Candidate Personal Information Protection Notice.
DEEMED EXPORT LICENSE NOTICE.
Some positions may require a deemed export license for compliance with applicable laws and regulations. Please note: Pure does not currently sponsor deemed export license applications so we are unable to proceed with applicants requiring stated sponsorship.