BE PART OF BUILDING THE FUTURE.
Since our founding in 2009, Pure Storage has empowered innovators to build a better world with data. In less than eight years, Pure reached $1B in sales, faster than nearly every enterprise company in history, and our incredible growth continues to outpace the competition.
Our mission? Deliver a simple, evergreen data platform that enables everyone to turn data into intelligence and advantage. The secret sauce? More than 3,000 team members (and growing!) around the world who join forces to invent the next big thing. And then the next one.
The world is experiencing a revolution driven by next-generation technology like AI, machine learning, virtual reality, quantum computing, and self-driving cars—all of which require unprecedented amounts of data. This sets the stage for Pure’s technology to grow exponentially in the coming years.
We’ve only scratched the surface of our ambitions, and as we continue to gobble up market share, we’re blazing trails and setting records:
- For five straight years, Gartner has named Pure a leader in the Magic Quadrant for Solid-State Arrays.
- Our customer-first culture and unwavering commitment to innovation have earned us a Satmetrix Net Promoter Score in the top 1% of B2B companies globally.
- Pure puts a premium on the future, investing 26% of revenue into R&D.
If you, like us, say “bring it on” to exciting challenges that change the world, we have endless opportunities where you can make your mark.
SHOULD YOU ACCEPT THIS CHALLENGE...
The Finance Director provides full financial support to our Flash Array BU executives and their organizations, participating in and enabling informed decisions that will support continued performance at the highest levels of effectiveness. The Flash Array organization oversees market strategy, pricing, new product development, product transitions, updates, and continued support for our successful FA offering.
Providing Financial support to our Flash Array Leadership team directly, this role plays an essential part in both short-term/tactical and long-term/strategic analysis, collaboration and cross-group coordination of initiatives, as well as data-driven decision making support. This is a very hands-on role.
Typical analysis to include enablement and readiness metrics of field and channel teams, Flash Array Pipeline efficiency, win/loss analysis, Pricing and Discount strategy, sizing of Total Available Market and Serviceable Available Market, and continue to take on Market Share.
Key Capabilities Required:
- As a strategic Business Partner, act as part of the FlashArray leadership team to provide data driven recommendations on how to optimize the business further and ensure accountability and follow-through on action oriented recommendations
- Ability to understand business problems and do unstructured simulation and analysis to produce recommendations and tell a story of what the data means and recommend actions. Own end-to-end processes such as budgeting and forecasting.
- Develop Basic & Repetitive Financial Reporting, including Contribution P&L, Business Metrics, Expense Reporting
- Standard Metrics Reporting - Drive the design, collection, analysis, and consolidation of key business and financial performance information and operational metrics, as well as various special projects, recurring and ad hoc reporting. Own FlashArray input into the Monthly Metrics deck.
- One Interface to Data - Work across sales operations, sales finance, Marketing Pipeline Council, HR, and Strategy Office (Market share) to provide one consolidated interface for data to the FlashArray business unit.
- Expense Management - Ability to fully model Capital Expenditures, and Opex to provide clarity on where the business stands on Opex in real-time in order to help meet the company’s operating margins.
- Financial Review - Develop and maintain a financial review cycle with the business leadership that will enable a predictable and recurring process delivering high visibility into the performance of the key business and financial metrics.
- Procurement & IT Spend - Central interface to procurement and IT spend to offload any transactional tasks from the business in the area of procurement as well as IT Spend.
- Contribution P&L - Ability to build and model out a fully loaded Business Unit P&L with direct and allocated expenses.
- Win/Loss Analysis - Support the product marketing team in quarterly win/loss analysis and ensure consistent methodology across how we look at win/loss.
- Own Budget Process - Drive an end-to-end budgeting program in lockstep with the FlashArray leaders to ensure that all CapEx and OpEx is budgeted for.
- Support Forecasting - Work with the FA leadership team to ensure that expense forecasting is accurate
- Cross-Functional Bookings & Pipeline - Ensure that there is strong interlock across Sales & BU through Sales Finance BP and BU Finance BP to ensure we’re in lock step on targets and assumptions.
- Price Modeling - Support and validate quarterly price modeling to reset list prices and do analysis on quarterly pricing dynamics by competitor and segment
- Hyper-scaler Consumption Modeling - Ability to understand key drivers of cost and spend into AWS, Azure, GCP, and Co-lo’s as well as suggest optimizations that can drive efficiency
- P&L Modeling & Simulation - Ability to create and drive simulation scenarios of the P&L to provide options to the business
- Provide best-in-class financial business partnership to the senior Flash Array BU leadership team, while supporting the end-to-end management of the FA BU P&L
- Finance, Accounting, Economics BS degree or quivalent
- MBA required
- 12+ Years of increasing FP&A responsibilities
- Recent, relevant experience supporting an end-to-end business unit P&L as a finance business partner, preferably at a Hardware company
- Ability to partner cross-functionally, through strong relationship building and communication skills, with all levels of management
- Excellent analytical, decision-making, project management, and financial modeling abilities
- Demonstrated ability to drive change management
- Experience with NetSuite, Salesforce, Tableau, and Anaplan software a plus
BE YOU—CORPORATE CLONES NEED NOT APPLY.
Pure is where you ask big questions, think differently, and make an impact. This is not just a job, but a place where you have a voice and can accelerate your career. We value unique thoughts and celebrate individuality, and with ample opportunity to learn, develop yourself, and expand into different roles, joining Pure is an investment in your career journey.
Through our Pure Equality program, which supports a flourishing field of employee resource groups, we nourish the personal and professional lives of our team members. And our Pure Good Foundation gives back to local and global communities through volunteering and grants.
And because we understand the value of bringing your full and best self to work, we offer a variety of perks to manage a healthy balance, including flexible time off, wellness resources, and company-sponsored team events.
PURE IS COMMITTED TO EQUALITY.
Pure is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other characteristic legally protected by the laws of the jurisdiction in which you are being considered for hire. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at TA-Ops@purestorage.com.