BE PART OF BUILDING THE FUTURE...
Since our founding in 2009, Pure Storage has empowered innovators to build a better world with data. In less than eight years, Pure reached $1B in sales, faster than nearly every enterprise company in history, and our incredible growth continues to outpace the competition.
Our mission? Deliver a simple, evergreen data platform that enables everyone to turn data into intelligence and advantage. The secret sauce? More than 3,000 team members (and growing!) around the world who join forces to invent the next big thing. And then the next one.
The world is experiencing a revolution driven by next-generation technology like AI, machine learning, virtual reality, quantum computing, and self-driving cars—all of which require unprecedented amounts of data. This sets the stage for Pure’s technology to grow exponentially in the coming years.
We’ve only scratched the surface of our ambitions, and as we continue to gobble up market share, we’re blazing trails and setting records:
- For five straight years, Gartner has named Pure a leader in the Magic Quadrant for Solid-State Arrays.
- Our customer-first culture and unwavering commitment to innovation have earned us a Satmetrix Net Promoter Score in the top 1% of B2B companies globally.
- Pure puts a premium on the future, investing 26% of revenue into R&D.
If you, like us, say “bring it on” to exciting challenges that change the world, we have endless opportunities where you can make your mark.
SHOULD YOU ACCEPT THIS CHALLENGE...
The FlashArray team builds the industry’s most innovative, high-performance, and highly available portfolio of products that are designed for the most demanding mission critical applications. While we deliver a hardware storage array, over 90% of our engineering staff are software engineers. Our customers are the most important part of our business and they love FlashArray for it's simplicity of management, the constant flow of new and exciting upgrades, and ability to live on the cutting edge of technology while never taking downtime, ever. Most recently, we extended the value of our FlashArray capabilities into the cloud with CloudSnap and Cloud Block Store for AWS. These new innovations enable our customers to leverage the agility of the public cloud for both traditional IT and cloud-native applications.
WHAT YOU AND YOUR TEAM WILL BE DOING…
We are re-architecting our framework for torturing hardware. Our initial goal was to provide tools for our manufacturing team to validate hardware at both a component and system level, but we are expanding our vision. We are developing a modular, object-oriented infrastructure that will allow us to scale to develop multiple devices and systems concurrently. We also need to expand our scope to include building tools for design validation and intense, focused hardware stress testing.
We are looking for a capable and enthusiastic systems-level software engineer who has an eye for clean design, thrives under high expectations, and is relentless about solving problems when things go wrong. We are a small team covering a lot of ground and scaling our capabilities is critical to our success.
- Full life cycle diagnostics software development to support hardware power-on/bring-up, design validation, and manufacturing component and systems testing. Work directly with hardware team on bring-up and DV activities.
- Help architect diagnostics software infrastructure for Pure’s future platforms, component development and manufacturing.
- Collaborate with vendors and manufacturing partners to enable them to produce first-class components and systems.
- Create diagnostics requirements, design specifications, and coverage analysis.
- Designing, coding, and debugging diagnostics software in Python and C/C++ (ability to work with bash scripts is also useful).
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TEAM...
- Proven ability and the desire to work in a collaborative and team oriented environment
- Ability to simultaneously deliver required functionality and lay the foundation for future diagnostics development
- Strong coding skills, preferably python and C/C++
- Hands on experience with hardware platforms, including design/requirements feedback, bring-up, functional test, design verification, and system test
- 2+ years experience developing diagnostics
- Familiarity with technologies/components used in Pure’s systems is a plus:
- I/O technologies: PCI/PCIe, Fibre-Channel, Ethernet, Infiniband
- Intel server designs
- SSDs and/or raw flash
- I/O technologies: PCI/PCIe, Fibre-Channel, Ethernet, Infiniband
- Good verbal communication & collaboration skills
- B.S. in Computer Science or higher equivalent experience
BE YOU—CORPORATE CLONES NEED NOT APPLY.
Pure is where you ask big questions, think differently, and make an impact. This is not just a job, but a place where you have a voice and can accelerate your career. We value unique thoughts and celebrate individuality, and with ample opportunity to learn, develop yourself, and expand into different roles, joining Pure is an investment in your career journey.
Through our Pure Equality program, which supports a flourishing field of employee resource groups, we nourish the personal and professional lives of our team members. And our Pure Good Foundation gives back to local and global communities through volunteering and grants.
And because we understand the value of bringing your full and best self to work, we offer a variety of perks to manage a healthy balance, including flexible time off, wellness resources, and company-sponsored team events.
PURE IS COMMITTED TO EQUALITY.
Pure is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other characteristic legally protected by the laws of the jurisdiction in which you are being considered for hire. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at TA-Ops@purestorage.com.
APPLICANT & CANDIDATE PERSONAL INFORMATION PRIVACY NOTICE.
If you're wondering how or why Pure collects or uses information you provide, we invite you to check out our Applicant & Candidate Personal Information Protection Notice.
DEEMED EXPORT LICENSE NOTICE.
Some positions may require a deemed export license for compliance with applicable laws and regulations. Please note: Pure does not currently sponsor deemed export license applications so we are unable to proceed with applicants requiring stated sponsorship.