BE PART OF BUILDING THE FUTURE.
Since our founding in 2009, Pure Storage has empowered innovators to build a better world with data. In less than eight years, Pure reached $1B in sales, faster than nearly every enterprise company in history, and our incredible growth continues to outpace the competition.
Our mission? Deliver a simple, evergreen data platform that enables everyone to turn data into intelligence and advantage. The secret sauce? More than 3,000 team members (and growing!) around the world who join forces to invent the next big thing. And then the next one.
The world is experiencing a revolution driven by next-generation technology like AI, machine learning, virtual reality, quantum computing, and self-driving cars—all of which require unprecedented amounts of data. This sets the stage for Pure’s technology to grow exponentially in the coming years.
We’ve only scratched the surface of our ambitions, and as we continue to gobble up market share, we’re blazing trails and setting records:
- For five straight years, Gartner has named Pure a leader in the Magic Quadrant for Solid-State Arrays.
- Our customer-first culture and unwavering commitment to innovation have earned us a Satmetrix Net Promoter Score in the top 1% of B2B companies globally.
- Pure puts a premium on the future, investing 26% of revenue into R&D.
If you, like us, say “bring it on” to exciting challenges that change the world, we have endless opportunities where you can make your mark.
SHOULD YOU ACCEPT THIS CHALLENGE...
We are looking for a Sr. Competitive Intelligence Manager who is passionate about defining and enabling the sales team and partners with winning competitive strategies. If you are a self-starter and passionate about competitive research to uncover and articulate competitive advantage, have deep insights into real-world customer issues, enterprise applications (such as SAP, Oracle, Microsoft SQL), and storage buyer needs, and have a strong knowledge of storage architectures and products, then this position is for you.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Own and drive overall competitive analysis in the area of enterprise applications, storage, and hyper-converged infrastructure.
- Provide actionable competitive intelligence and strategy to win deals against the competition by stitching together information from competitor’s technologies, business and go-to- market strategy, product strategy and messaging.
- Own and maintain competitive battlecards and presentations.
- Track, analyze, and share timely responses to competitive announcements and FUD.
- Train Pure Storage sales team and partners on competitive differentiation on an ongoing basis.
- Evangelize Pure's competitive differentiation via EBCs, direct deal support, blogs, etc.
- Interface regularly with Pure’s field teams, field CTOs, product management and product marketing.
What You Bring To The Team:
- 5+ yrs experience in a similar role within the enterprise applications industry
- Deep knowledge of the enterprise applications landscape and storage
- Strong understanding of the real-world customer issues and the needs of storage buyers
- Strong aptitude for analyzing competitor’s products, strategy, and messaging
- Passion for articulating and arming Pure’s field and partners with actionable competitive intelligence.
- Aptitude for translating technical features to business value as a means of differentiating Pure Storage
- “Can do” attitude
- Comfortable interfacing with senior members of the Pure Storage sales, marketing and engineering teams.
- Outstanding communicator including written, presentations, and analysis.
- Collaborates with others to achieve results
- Executes with urgency (startup time)
- MBA preferred
BE YOU—CORPORATE CLONES NEED NOT APPLY.
Pure is where you ask big questions, think differently, and make an impact. This is not just a job, but a place where you have a voice and can accelerate your career. We value unique thoughts and celebrate individuality, and with ample opportunity to learn, develop yourself, and expand into different roles, joining Pure is an investment in your career journey.
Through our Pure Equality program, which supports a flourishing field of employee resource groups, we nourish the personal and professional lives of our team members. And our Pure Good Foundation gives back to local and global communities through volunteering and grants.
And because we understand the value of bringing your full and best self to work, we offer a variety of perks to manage a healthy balance, including flexible time off, wellness resources, and company-sponsored team events.
PURE IS COMMITTED TO EQUALITY.
Pure is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other characteristic legally protected by the laws of the jurisdiction in which you are being considered for hire. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at TA-Ops@purestorage.com.