BE PART OF BUILDING THE FUTURE.
Since our founding in 2009, Pure Storage has empowered innovators to build a better world with data. In less than eight years, Pure reached $1B in sales, faster than nearly every enterprise company in history, and our incredible growth continues to outpace the competition.
Our mission? Deliver a simple, evergreen data platform that enables everyone to turn data into intelligence and advantage. The secret sauce? More than 3,000 team members (and growing!) around the world who join forces to invent the next big thing. And then the next one.
The world is experiencing a revolution driven by next-generation technology like AI, machine learning, virtual reality, quantum computing, and self-driving cars—all of which require unprecedented amounts of data. This sets the stage for Pure’s technology to grow exponentially in the coming years.
We’ve only scratched the surface of our ambitions, and as we continue to gobble up market share, we’re blazing trails and setting records:
- For five straight years, Gartner has named Pure a leader in the Magic Quadrant for Solid-State Arrays.
- Our customer-first culture and unwavering commitment to innovation have earned us a Satmetrix Net Promoter Score in the top 1% of B2B companies globally.
- Pure puts a premium on the future, investing 26% of revenue into R&D.
If you, like us, say “bring it on” to exciting challenges that change the world, we have endless opportunities where you can make your mark.
SHOULD YOU ACCEPT THIS CHALLENGE...
Pure Storage is seeking a full time Mechanical Product Engineer (M-PE) to work in our Technical Operations team; partnering with, Supply Chain, Engineering, Product Management and Sales Operations. The M-PE will also need to have Engineering Change and product data (BOM) management experience.
Responsibilities for this role are:
- Support the development of new products and drive design for manufacturing excellence.
- Assist HW Engineering in vendor / component selection and qualification.
- Develop the BOM structure within PDM tool (Agile). Govern and control change orders and related documentation to meet customer and internal quality standards.
- Participate on a project team of engineers involved in the specification, design, development and test of hardware.
- Extensive experience and knowledge on sheet metal, die cast and plastic injection tools. Work closely with Engineering and vendor to address DFM issues. Provide manufacturing input to hard tool, soft tool and quick tool decisions.
- Interface between Engineering and vendor to address: Design for DFx (DFC, DFQ, DFM, DFR, DFT).
- Knowledge of packaging design. Work with packaging vendors to design, review and qualify to support our growing business.
- Evaluate technical readiness prior to release. Deliver technical readiness reviews with cross functional team.
- Manufacturer’s PCN execution and coordination, provide analysis and qualification resources.
- Interface/engage with Engineering, Platform Engineering, Marketing, Service Ops and CM Partners.
- Provide hardware debug mentorship to contract manufacturing process engineers. Ensure that Manufacturing receives the required level of product training.
- Improve manufacturing operations processes and actively enhance efficiency, consistency, cost avoidance, and customer satisfaction.
- Drive the evaluation and enhancement of the engineering design verification process with the goal of releasing zero design defects to production.
- Establish technical direction through the investigation and evaluation of new manufacturing technologies.
- Manage release of New Products and manage technical changes to existing products through BOM management, ECO and deviation processes.
- Assist in early prototype testing and troubleshooting/debug to find root cause failures and drive back fixes to engineering or contract manufacturer.
- Debug complex system level problems and drive root cause analysis.
- Develop, document, enforce, and measure existing and next generation PLM processes
- Perform value engineering, supply continuity and cost reduction activities.
- Develop manufacturing process and best practice documentation.
- Provide support and assist quality team on all sustaining project and activities.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO BRING TO THIS ROLE…
- 8+ years as a new product introduction or manufacturing engineering environment.
- B.S. Engineering (M.S. preferred)
- Experience working with 3D software Creo, Solid works and Windchill.
- Experience working in the data storage (preferred) or high tech industry
- Experience working at a large OEM/ODM/JDM and EMS corporation is a plus
- Experience working with Agile PDM & Netsuite ERP systems are a plus
- Detail oriented, analytical, process savvy, and customer focused yet flexible and adaptable to business needs
- New Product Introduction and Product Life Cycle Management process knowledge
- Ability to operate in an ambiguous environment with minimal direction
- Experience working cross-functionally in teams
- High level of teamwork and collaboration skills
- Ability to operate in a fast paced changing business environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
BE YOU—CORPORATE CLONES NEED NOT APPLY.
Pure is where you ask big questions, think differently, and make an impact. This is not just a job, but a place where you have a voice and can accelerate your career. We value unique thoughts and celebrate individuality, and with ample opportunity to learn, develop yourself, and expand into different roles, joining Pure is an investment in your career journey.
Through our Pure Equality program, which supports a flourishing field of employee resource groups, we nourish the personal and professional lives of our team members. And our Pure Good Foundation gives back to local and global communities through volunteering and grants.
And because we understand the value of bringing your full and best self to work, we offer a variety of perks to manage a healthy balance, including flexible time off, wellness resources, and company-sponsored team events.
PURE IS COMMITTED TO EQUALITY.
Pure is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other characteristic legally protected by the laws of the jurisdiction in which you are being considered for hire. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at TA-Ops@purestorage.com.
APPLICANT & CANDIDATE PERSONAL INFORMATION PRIVACY NOTICE.
If you're wondering how or why Pure collects or uses information you provide, we invite you to check out our Applicant & Candidate Personal Information Protection Notice.
DEEMED EXPORT LICENSE NOTICE.
Some positions may require a deemed export license for compliance with applicable laws and regulations. Please note: Pure does not currently sponsor deemed export license applications so we are unable to proceed with applicants requiring stated sponsorship.