BE PART OF BUILDING THE FUTURE.
Since our founding in 2009, Pure Storage has empowered innovators to build a better world with data. In less than eight years, Pure reached $1B in sales, faster than nearly every enterprise company in history, and our incredible growth continues to outpace the competition.
Our mission? Deliver a simple, evergreen data platform that enables everyone to turn data into intelligence and advantage. The secret sauce? More than 3,000 team members (and growing!) around the world who join forces to invent the next big thing. And then the next one.
The world is experiencing a revolution driven by next-generation technology like AI, machine learning, virtual reality, quantum computing, and self-driving cars—all of which require unprecedented amounts of data. This sets the stage for Pure’s technology to grow exponentially in the coming years.
SHOULD YOU ACCEPT THIS CHALLENGE...
Site Reliability Engineers (SREs) at Pure Storage are focused on the engineering effort required to build and run large-scale, massively distributed, fault-tolerant systems. This team fulfills the business-critical role of ensuring that these systems provide exceptional availability and performance for our external and internal customers. We are looking for people that are passionate about ensuring distributed systems operate reliably at scale in production. Expertise in working with container deployment and orchestration technologies at scale with strong knowledge of the fundamentals to include service discovery, deployments, monitoring, scheduling, load balancing. Knowledge of Kubernetes, Spinnaker, and Docker preferred.
What you will be doing
- Engage in and improve the whole lifecycle of services—from inception and design, through deployment, operation, and refinement.
- Support services before they go live through activities such as system design consulting, developing software platforms and frameworks, capacity planning and launch reviews.
- Maintain services once they are live by measuring and monitoring availability, latency and overall system health.
- Scale systems sustainably through mechanisms like automation, and evolve systems by pushing for changes that improve reliability and velocity.
- Practice sustainable incident response and blameless postmortems.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO BRING TO THIS ROLE...
- 3+ years of experience in SRE, DevOps, or Cloud Systems
- Software development experience, preferably Python
- Cloud experience, preferably AWS
- UNIX/Linux performance, tuning, and systems administration
- Ability to troubleshoot throughout the entire stack, including applications, systems, network, and code
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Proficiency in one or more of the following: C, C++, Java, Python, Go, Perl, Bash
- Systematic problem-solving approach, coupled with strong communication skills and a sense of ownership and drive
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Interest in designing, analyzing and troubleshooting large-scale distributed systems
- Ability to debug and optimize code and automate routine tasks
- Experience with Containers (Docker, Kubernetes)
BE YOU—CORPORATE CLONES NEED NOT APPLY.
Pure is where you ask big questions, think differently, and make an impact. This is not just a job, but a place where you have a voice and can accelerate your career. We value unique thoughts and celebrate individuality, and with ample opportunity to learn, develop yourself, and expand into different roles, joining Pure is an investment in your career journey.
Through our Pure Equality program, which supports a flourishing field of employee resource groups, we nourish the personal and professional lives of our team members. And our Pure Good Foundation gives back to local and global communities through volunteering and grants.
And because we understand the value of bringing your full and best self to work, we offer a variety of perks to manage a healthy balance, including flexible time off, wellness resources, and company-sponsored team events.
PURE IS COMMITTED TO EQUALITY.
Pure is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other characteristic legally protected by the laws of the jurisdiction in which you are being considered for hire. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at TA-Ops@purestorage.com.
APPLICANT & CANDIDATE PERSONAL INFORMATION PRIVACY NOTICE.
If you're wondering how or why Pure collects or uses information you provide, we invite you to check out our Applicant & Candidate Personal Information Protection Notice.
DEEMED EXPORT LICENSE NOTICE.
Some positions may require a deemed export license for compliance with applicable laws and regulations. Please note: Pure does not currently sponsor deemed export license applications so we are unable to proceed with applicants requiring stated sponsorship.