BE PART OF BUILDING THE FUTURE.
Since our founding in 2009, Pure Storage has empowered innovators to build a better world with data. In less than eight years, Pure reached $1B in sales, faster than nearly every enterprise company in history, and our incredible growth continues to outpace the competition.
Our mission? Deliver a simple, evergreen data platform that enables everyone to turn data into intelligence and advantage. The secret sauce? More than 3,000 team members (and growing!) around the world who join forces to invent the next big thing. And then the next one.
The world is experiencing a revolution driven by next-generation technology like AI, machine learning, virtual reality, quantum computing, and self-driving cars—all of which require unprecedented amounts of data. This sets the stage for Pure’s technology to grow exponentially in the coming years.
We’ve only scratched the surface of our ambitions, and as we continue to gobble up market share, we’re blazing trails and setting records:
- For five straight years, Gartner has named Pure a leader in the Magic Quadrant for Solid-State Arrays.
- Our customer-first culture and unwavering commitment to innovation have earned us a Satmetrix Net Promoter Score in the top 1% of B2B companies globally.
- Pure puts a premium on the future, investing 26% of revenue into R&D.
If you, like us, say “bring it on” to exciting challenges that change the world, we have endless opportunities where you can make your mark.
SHOULD YOU ACCEPT THIS CHALLENGE...
Marketing Team at Pure
Under the leadership of Todd Forsythe, the marketing organization has over 90 employees covering Product and Solutions Marketing, Global Marketing Operations, Field Marketing, Communications, and Brand Marketing.
The marketing team is a group of fun, diverse people who strive to keep Pure thriving as a brand within the storage industry. Marketing is continuing to grow and offers a great opportunity for people to learn a wide variety of skills to propel their career. Come join us!
We are looking for a creative, high energy marketing leader Japan. As the head of Marketing in Japan, this role sits within Pure’s global partner marketing organization, reporting to the VP Marketing APJ.
What You Will Be Doing
This person acts as the liaison between the Japan business and the regional and global marketing organization. The Marketing Director will have experience in developing the local marketing strategy while at the same time is keen to work hands-on and dive deep in executing marketing campaigns etc.
The Marketing Director will develop the in-country marketing strategy. S/he will be leading the planning, creation, execution and analysis of nationwide demand generation activity, such as trade shows, events, seminars, online and ofﬂine direct marketing campaigns & programs aimed at Pure’s primary segments and target audience.
- Work closely with the business & marketing teams to develop marketing strategies, plans and drive the execution of the plans to successful outcomes.
- Hands-on planning, managing and executing Japan marketing activities; fully responsible for demand generation, advertising, brand management, public relations, product marketing, digital and social media.
- Develop reporting mechanisms to track progress of projects related to marketing communications programs.
- Develop and manage the local marketing budget
- Develop and manage agency relations and other external parties related to the scope of this role
- Assume public speaking roles with the press, clients, company and industry events
- Key contact person for market research agencies
- Hire and develop talent within the Japan marketing team
- Actively and positively contribute as a member of the Japan leadership team
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO BRING TO THIS ROLE…
- Experience developing local marketing strategies for a B-to-B company
- Strong willingness to be hands-on involved in execution
- Deep knowledge of the business, marketing and partner sales strategies
- Technology/industry savvy and understand IT market trends; knowledge of product marketing and competitor landscape
- Strong negotiation skills with agencies
- Budget planning & management experience
- Dynamic and energetic –positively influencing colleagues
- Ability to deal with ambiguity
- People management experience; ideally have hired a marketing team in a high-growth environment
- Native level Japanese and business fluency in English
- Must be willing and able to work in an open office, team environment.
BE YOU—CORPORATE CLONES NEED NOT APPLY.
Pure is where you ask big questions, think differently, and make an impact. This is not just a job, but a place where you have a voice and can accelerate your career. We value unique thoughts and celebrate individuality, and with ample opportunity to learn, develop yourself, and expand into different roles, joining Pure is an investment in your career journey.
Through our Pure Equality program, which supports a flourishing field of employee resource groups, we nourish the personal and professional lives of our team members. And our Pure Good Foundation gives back to local and global communities through volunteering and grants.
And because we understand the value of bringing your full and best self to work, we offer a variety of perks to manage a healthy balance, including flexible time off, wellness resources, and company-sponsored team events.
PURE IS COMMITTED TO EQUALITY.
Pure is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other characteristic legally protected by the laws of the jurisdiction in which you are being considered for hire. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at TA-Ops@purestorage.com.