BE PART OF BUILDING THE FUTURE.
Since our founding in 2009, Pure Storage has empowered innovators to build a better world with data. In less than eight years, Pure reached $1B in sales, faster than nearly every enterprise company in history, and our incredible growth continues to outpace the competition.
Our mission? Deliver a simple, evergreen data platform that enables everyone to turn data into intelligence and advantage. The secret sauce? More than 3,000 team members (and growing!) around the world who join forces to invent the next big thing. And then the next one.
The world is experiencing a revolution driven by next-generation technology like AI, machine learning, virtual reality, quantum computing, and self-driving cars—all of which require unprecedented amounts of data. This sets the stage for Pure’s technology to grow exponentially in the coming years.
SHOULD YOU ACCEPT THIS CHALLENGE...
This role is part of a stealth team focused on creating a hyper-scale infrastructure and cloud based management to simplify building and running data-centers. The vision is to bring Pure’s efficiency to running large scalable hardware infrastructures and simplicity to managing containers, VMs or bare-metal services. The atmosphere is very much startup like with high energy and focus to deliver on the new initiatives for Pure and its customers.
If you love getting your hands on the bleeding edge of data center infrastructure, this is the best place to be! Our reference architectures need to reflect the industry trends, so we stay very current. We want somebody to join the team that is naturally curious about technology. We don't expect you to know everything, but you should have a positive attitude and willingness to jump in and learn something new.
The team works on everything from:
- Zero touch provisioned and simple to manage racks with storage, network and compute servers
- Cloud scale infrastructure and control using open source products such as Kubernetes, Prometheus etc.
- Cloud based SaaS and APIs to visualize, manage, and monitor a datacenter
- Automated and simple to consume virtualization and containerization for running private clouds and hybrid workloads
What you will be doing
- Build out network architecture for a stealth team for a new product
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to create and roll out a new product
- Research and evaluate hardware for ease of management, operations and scaling
- Choose hardware and work with the team to integrate into product
- Architect and implement network monitoring
- Collaborate with datacenter teams to design rack layout for optimal space, power, and cabling
- Build tools and automated solutions for managing the hardware such as compute servers, switches and our own FlashArrays and FlashBlades
- Automate hardware configuration and deployment
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO BRING TO THIS ROLE...
- 7+ years of experience as a Networking Engineer or DevOps (Compute, Networking)
- Proficient, hands-on experience in diagnosing and troubleshooting systems, including performance management and capacity planning
- Ability to mentor other members other team members on the data center operations teams
- Strong knowledge of network technologies and protocols - MP-BGP, EVPN, VXLAN, TCP/IP, Overlay networks
- Familiarity with multiple network vendors such as Arista and Cisco
- Knowledge of networking best practices especially with regards to enterprise networking
- Experience working on production data center environments at scale
- Experience with scripting or development experience (ex. Python, Ruby, Perl, shell, etc.)
- Familiarity with configuration management tools (Ansible, Terraform, Puppet etc.)
- Experience with monitoring and alerting systems such as Nagios or LibreNMS
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
BE YOU—CORPORATE CLONES NEED NOT APPLY.
Pure is where you ask big questions, think differently, and make an impact. This is not just a job, but a place where you have a voice and can accelerate your career. We value unique thoughts and celebrate individuality, and with ample opportunity to learn, develop yourself, and expand into different roles, joining Pure is an investment in your career journey.
Through our Pure Equality program, which supports a flourishing field of employee resource groups, we nourish the personal and professional lives of our team members. And our Pure Good Foundation gives back to local and global communities through volunteering and grants.
And because we understand the value of bringing your full and best self to work, we offer a variety of perks to manage a healthy balance, including flexible time off, wellness resources, and company-sponsored team events.
PURE IS COMMITTED TO EQUALITY.
Pure is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other characteristic legally protected by the laws of the jurisdiction in which you are being considered for hire. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at TA-Ops@purestorage.com.
APPLICANT & CANDIDATE PERSONAL INFORMATION PRIVACY NOTICE.
If you're wondering how or why Pure collects or uses information you provide, we invite you to check out our Applicant & Candidate Personal Information Protection Notice.
DEEMED EXPORT LICENSE NOTICE.
Some positions may require a deemed export license for compliance with applicable laws and regulations. Please note: Pure does not currently sponsor deemed export license applications so we are unable to proceed with applicants requiring stated sponsorship.