BE PART OF BUILDING THE FUTURE.
Since our founding in 2009, Pure Storage has empowered innovators to build a better world with data. In less than eight years, Pure reached $1B in sales, faster than nearly every enterprise company in history, and our incredible growth continues to outpace the competition.
Our mission? Deliver a simple, evergreen data platform that enables everyone to turn data into intelligence and advantage. The secret sauce? More than 3,000 team members (and growing!) around the world who join forces to invent the next big thing. And then the next one.
The world is experiencing a revolution driven by next-generation technology like AI, machine learning, virtual reality, quantum computing, and self-driving cars—all of which require unprecedented amounts of data. This sets the stage for Pure’s technology to grow exponentially in the coming years.
We’ve only scratched the surface of our ambitions, and as we continue to gobble up market share, we’re blazing trails and setting records:
- For five straight years, Gartner has named Pure a leader in the Magic Quadrant for Solid-State Arrays.
- Our customer-first culture and unwavering commitment to innovation have earned us a Satmetrix Net Promoter Score in the top 1% of B2B companies globally.
- Pure puts a premium on the future, investing 26% of revenue into R&D.
If you, like us, say “bring it on” to exciting challenges that change the world, we have endless opportunities where you can make your mark.
SHOULD YOU ACCEPT THIS CHALLENGE...
Pure is looking for a Senior Java API Developer to work within our Go To Market IT Team. You will be responsible for designing and developing REST API, SOA and ESB services using Java, Spring framework.
- Assist in the selection for preferred technologies.
- Define strategy for legacy integration, development of new technology platforms and Dev-Ops capabilities and IT process improvement and other initiatives that align to broad technology strategy.
- Implement and drive strategy through leadership of IT architecture team and other technology functions, as well as collaboration across the organization.
- Successfully drive multiple highly-visible, business critical projects and initiatives simultaneously.
- Champion and contribute to the continuous improvement of the Enterprise Architecture area.
- Encourage new ways of thinking and performing.
- Create a team environment where members embrace change, adopt new practices, think systematically and analytically and mature their communication skills as a result of influence, positive approach to problem solving and understanding of the business and technical challenges.
- Build rapport, credibility and cohesion across all business, operational and technology teams. Maintain strong knowledge and understanding of business needs, evidenced by the ability to establish and maintain a high level of trust and confidence.
- Inform leaders of opportunities/constraints of current and potential architecture capabilities.
- Acts as a subject matter expert and sounding board to business leaders in the development of IT solutions for business needs.
- Foster a collaborative, success-oriented environment where resources are empowered and accountable.
- Collaborate with involved teams across the business and with vendor partners to effectively and accurately estimate the amount of work and resulting cost associated with project deliverables.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO BRING TO THIS ROLE...
- 5+ years of experience using Java.
- 8+ years of experience in full stack software application design and development.
- Java, RESTful Services development, API Security, Micro services development.
- Proficient in XML, SOAP and REST and understanding of SOA.
- Solid understanding of OOP and multi-threaded programming.
- Experience in Agile Methodologies, Test driven development.
- Experience working in continuous (CI/CD) delivery environment.
- Experience deploying to the cloud using AWS or similar solutions.
- Experience with messaging and integration technologies and components; including developing event and message driven applications.
- Strategic and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to balance multiple projects simultaneously; workload will be a blend of small, medium, and large implementation projects
- Capable of working with various IT disciplines such as data, operations, IT security and networks, service management, etc.
- Solid experience in the delivery of major IT solutions and Business application delivery.
- Ability to manage technical stakeholders and ensure the use of best-in-class frameworks in the delivery of enterprise solutions.
- Ability to work across multiple stakeholder groups to translate business strategies, initiatives, goals, and objectives into an enterprise delivery capability.
- Ability to collaborate and influence a cross-functional team environment, including success in stakeholder management.
- Skilled at conflict resolution and problem-solving to achieve win-win outcomes.
- Capable in communicating technical concepts and breaking down complex business problems into layman's terms.
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills, including presentation effectiveness.
- Proven analytical, business insights, problem-solving skills.
- Self-motivated and able to operate independently, demonstrating sound judgement in seeking appropriate guidance and direction.
- Accepts ownership and welcomes responsibility.
- Competitive drive; ardent desire to win.
- Ability to attract, develop and retain talent, and build strong teams.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver under tight timelines with minimal oversight and input.
BE YOU—CORPORATE CLONES NEED NOT APPLY.
Pure is where you ask big questions, think differently, and make an impact. This is not just a job, but a place where you have a voice and can accelerate your career. We value unique thoughts and celebrate individuality, and with ample opportunity to learn, develop yourself, and expand into different roles, joining Pure is an investment in your career journey.
Through our Pure Equality program, which supports a flourishing field of employee resource groups, we nourish the personal and professional lives of our team members. And our Pure Good Foundation gives back to local and global communities through volunteering and grants.
And because we understand the value of bringing your full and best self to work, we offer a variety of perks to manage a healthy balance, including flexible time off, wellness resources, and company-sponsored team events.
PURE IS COMMITTED TO EQUALITY.
Pure is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other characteristic legally protected by the laws of the jurisdiction in which you are being considered for hire. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at TA-Ops@purestorage.com.