Director – Operations Quality
Location: Mountain View, CA
BE PART OF BUILDING THE FUTURE.
Since our founding in 2009, Pure Storage has empowered innovators to build a better world with data. In less than eight years, Pure reached $1B in sales, faster than nearly every enterprise company in history, and our incredible growth continues to outpace the competition.
Our mission? Deliver a simple, evergreen data platform that enables everyone to turn data into intelligence and advantage. The secret sauce? More than 3,000 team members (and growing!) around the world who join forces to invent the next big thing. And then the next one.
The world is experiencing a revolution driven by next-generation technology like AI, machine learning, virtual reality, quantum computing, and self-driving cars—all of which require unprecedented amounts of data. This sets the stage for Pure’s technology to grow exponentially in the coming years.
We’ve only scratched the surface of our ambitions, and as we continue to gobble up market share, we’re blazing trails and setting records:
- For five straight years, Gartner has named Pure a leader in the Magic Quadrant for Solid-State Arrays.
- Our customer-first culture and unwavering commitment to innovation have earned us a Satmetrix Net Promoter Score in the top 1% of B2B companies globally.
- Pure puts a premium on the future, investing 26% of revenue into R&D.
If you, like us, say “bring it on” to exciting challenges that change the world, we have endless opportunities where you can make your mark.
SHOULD YOU ACCEPT THIS CHALLENGE...
We seek a highly motivated Operations Quality Director, responsible for driving quality excellence throughout all facets of Pure’s Worldwide Supply Chain. This individual will establish the strategic direction for the Quality team, necessary to support Pure’s rapid introduction of new products, dynamic Supply Chain footprint, and continued explosive growth of Customer shipment and install base volumes. This individual will oversee the day-to-day activities of Pure’s Quality team, ensuring key performance indicators are achieved while maintaining Pure’s high product quality standards. This individual will be responsible for six key areas: (1) New Product Quality, (2) Supplier Quality, (3) Manufacturing Quality at Contract Manufacturers (CMs) and Repair Centers, (4) Field Quality, (5) failure escalation management and FA/RCCA activities, and (6) Quality Management Systems and processes. As the Operations Quality Director, you will:
- Create, implement and drive Pure’s end to end global quality strategy.
- Manage and develop a staff of global Quality Engineers.
- Manage Operations Quality at our global CMs, monitoring production yields and HW DPPM levels, and setting production line alert/stop criteria.
- Partner with key business stakeholders in Operations, Engineering, and Support to establish target KPIs. Meet regularly with stakeholders to review metrics and performance to goals.
- Use advanced data analytics to identify special/common cause process variation vs underlying failure modes, and to predict future failure trends.
- Perform quality audits at Suppliers and CMs and enforce SCARs for non-conformances.
- Provide Quality’s feedback via score-carding process to drive continuous Supplier improvements. Report on Supplier performance to Executive Management at Supplier Quarterly Business Reviews.
- Monitor, analyze, and report CM yields, Field ARR/AFR levels, and component/product MTTB levels. Communicate findings to internal/external parties.
- Lead cross-functional escalation activities for quality issues within the Field and Supply Chain, including stop ships, purges, failure and root-cause analyses; drive all identified corrective actions to closure.
- Work with counterparts in Engineering to ensure Field and Supply Chain quality issues are investigated, root caused and resolved within the product.
- Identify potential design related quality issues during product design/development stages. Develop and drive quality plans during new product introduction. Perform first article inspections for new products prior to GA. Monitor ongoing product reliability via ORT.
- Drive automation of metrics reporting, including developing real-time dashboard views of results.
- Drive continuous process improvement and optimization within the CMs and supply chain, as well as across Pure’s internal processes.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO BRING TO THIS ROLE...
Personal Skills and Experience Required
- 10+ years of experience in a Manufacturing leadership role in Storage, Compute, Security or Networking industries. Multiple years driving end to end Operations Quality across the Supply Chain.
- 5+ years of experience effectively leading, developing and managing high-performance technical teams in Operations or HW Engineering.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally up to 20% of the time to support and audit Supply Chain nodes.
- ONE QUALITY TEAM: Experience working with multinational cross-functional teams in manufacturing and effectively interface with engineering, support, contract manufacturers, program management, administrative and management personnel to ensure the highest quality standards for our products.
- AUTHENTIC & RELIABLE: Exemplifies the highest ethical standards, integrity, authenticity, credibility, and character.
- OPEN HEARTS & MINDS: Embodies an entrepreneurial spirit and a passion for leading people, improving and implementing processes, embracing change, and working collaboratively with team members and peers.
- PURPOSEFUL COMMUNICATION: Outstanding written and oral communication skills, including a very strong executive presence.
- THINK BEYOND: Superior problem-solving skills and ability to think critically, incorporating sound judgement and business acumen to analyze information, remove roadblocks, and drive results.
- Strong knowledge of design, development, and integration process for new products.
- Proven ability to achieve results in a fast moving, dynamic and, at times, ambiguous environment.
- Embrace Sigma / Lean Supply Chain transformation and governance activities in the organization.
- Microsoft or Google Productivity Suites (Excel/Sheets, PowerPoint/Slides, Word/Docs)
- Tableau for data visualization and dashboards
- Lucidchart or similar for Value Stream mapping
- Smartsheet or related project management software
- Bachelor’s degree in Manufacturing Engineering or other technical manufacturing related discipline; advanced degree preferred.
BE YOU—CORPORATE CLONES NEED NOT APPLY.
Pure is where you ask big questions, think differently, and make an impact. This is not just a job, but a place where you have a voice and can accelerate your career. We value unique thoughts and celebrate individuality, and with ample opportunity to learn, develop yourself, and expand into different roles, joining Pure is an investment in your career journey.
Through our Pure Equality program, which supports a flourishing field of employee resource groups, we nourish the personal and professional lives of our team members. And our Pure Good Foundation gives back to local and global communities through volunteering and grants.
And because we understand the value of bringing your full and best self to work, we offer a variety of perks to manage a healthy balance, including flexible time off, wellness resources, and company-sponsored team events.
PURE IS COMMITTED TO EQUALITY.
Pure is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other characteristic legally protected by the laws of the jurisdiction in which you are being considered for hire. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at TA-Ops@purestorage.com.
DEEMED EXPORT LICENSE NOTICE.
Some positions may require a deemed export license for compliance with applicable laws and regulations. Please note: Pure does not currently sponsor deemed export license applications so we are unable to proceed with applicants requiring stated sponsorship.