BE PART OF BUILDING THE FUTURE.
Since our founding in 2009, Pure Storage has empowered innovators to build a better world with data. In less than eight years, Pure reached $1B in sales, faster than nearly every enterprise company in history, and our incredible growth continues to outpace the competition.
Our mission? Deliver a simple, evergreen data platform that enables everyone to turn data into intelligence and advantage. The secret sauce? More than 3,000 team members (and growing!) around the world who join forces to invent the next big thing. And then the next one.
The world is experiencing a revolution driven by next-generation technology like AI, machine learning, virtual reality, quantum computing, and self-driving cars—all of which require unprecedented amounts of data. This sets the stage for Pure’s technology to grow exponentially in the coming years.
We’ve only scratched the surface of our ambitions, and as we continue to gobble up market share, we’re blazing trails and setting records:
- For five straight years, Gartner has named Pure a leader in the Magic Quadrant for Solid-State Arrays.
- Our customer-first culture and unwavering commitment to innovation have earned us a Satmetrix Net Promoter Score in the top 1% of B2B companies globally.
- Pure puts a premium on the future, investing 26% of revenue into R&D.
If you, like us, say “bring it on” to exciting challenges that change the world, we have endless opportunities where you can make your mark.
SHOULD YOU ACCEPT THIS CHALLENGE...
We are looking for a FlashBlade Systems Engineer to cover the Mid-Atlantic region. This will cover Enterprise and Commercial customers from Southern Virginia to Philadelphia. In this role you will:
- Participate in the creation of sales strategy and tactics and takes ownership of technical responsibilities within customer accounts.
- Prepare and deliver of technical product and architecture presentations to customers.
- Assist customers with evaluations and benchmarks, system configurations, and system installations.
- Work closely with Engineering and Product Management in helping to define product requirements and usability.
- Demonstrate technical leadership and subject matter expertise on applications, storage products, distributed storage architectures, file systems, and competitive storage offerings in the DAS, NAS and SAN product spaces.
- Contribute significant portions and/or lead responses to RFPs, RFQs and RFIs.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO BRING TO THIS ROLE...
- 5-10 years minimum experience supporting the sales of applications, enterprise storage, networking or systems solutions to a combination of large enterprise accounts and data centers.
- Experience working in or selling into High Performance Computing (HPC) environments (Genomics, AI, Machine Learning, Analytics)
- Thorough understanding of the architecture, design and implementations of multi-tiered client/server and web-based computing solutions.
- Superior knowledge of current and emerging storage architectures (FC, iSCSI, NAS, OSD, SAN)
- Familiarity with modern web architecture a plus (LAMP stack, scale-out vs scale-up architectures, NoSQL alternatives).
- UNIX OS, NFS file systems and UNIX distributed network environment
- Installation/configuration of distributed computing, multiprocessing, virtual memory subsystem, storage subsystems architecture, shared memory architectures, cache architectures, windowing systems.
- Knowledge of VMWare, Local Area Networking, Ethernet, TCP/IP and general networking.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- BS in CS, EE or other technical degree and/or equivalent experience.
- Must be willing and able to work in an open office, team environment.
BE YOU—CORPORATE CLONES NEED NOT APPLY.
Pure is where you ask big questions, think differently, and make an impact. This is not just a job, but a place where you have a voice and can accelerate your career. We value unique thoughts and celebrate individuality, and with ample opportunity to learn, develop yourself, and expand into different roles, joining Pure is an investment in your career journey.
Through our Pure Equality program, which supports a flourishing field of employee resource groups, we nourish the personal and professional lives of our team members. And our Pure Good Foundation gives back to local and global communities through volunteering and grants.
And because we understand the value of bringing your full and best self to work, we offer a variety of perks to manage a healthy balance, including flexible time off, wellness resources, and company-sponsored team events.
PURE IS COMMITTED TO EQUALITY.
Pure is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other characteristic legally protected by the laws of the jurisdiction in which you are being considered for hire. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at TA-Ops@purestorage.com.