BE PART OF BUILDING THE FUTURE.
Since our founding in 2009, Pure Storage has empowered innovators to build a better world with data. In less than eight years, Pure reached $1B in sales, faster than nearly every enterprise company in history, and our incredible growth continues to outpace the competition.
Our mission? Deliver a simple, evergreen data platform that enables everyone to turn data into intelligence and advantage. The secret sauce? More than 3,000 team members (and growing!) around the world who join forces to invent the next big thing. And then the next one.
The world is experiencing a revolution driven by next-generation technology like AI, machine learning, virtual reality, quantum computing, and self-driving cars—all of which require unprecedented amounts of data. This sets the stage for Pure’s technology to grow exponentially in the coming years.
We’ve only scratched the surface of our ambitions, and as we continue to gobble up market share, we’re blazing trails and setting records:
- For five straight years, Gartner has named Pure a leader in the Magic Quadrant for Solid-State Arrays.
- Our customer-first culture and unwavering commitment to innovation have earned us a Satmetrix Net Promoter Score in the top 1% of B2B companies globally.
- Pure puts a premium on the future, investing 26% of revenue into R&D.
If you, like us, say “bring it on” to exciting challenges that change the world, we have endless opportunities where you can make your mark.
SHOULD YOU ACCEPT THIS CHALLENGE...
The HR Director will enable business success, amplify our culture and increase organizational effectiveness through Pure’s People strategy across our three critical areas: Sales / Sales Operations, Systems Engineering, and Customer Experience.
Collectively, Global Sales includes our field sales, systems engineering, inside sales, channels, sales strategy and sales operations organizations. Also incorporated into this role are our Global Accounts and the FlashBlade sales organization. Each team is involved in meeting / exceeding our revenue and profitability targets, propelling Pure’s growth. This role will work closely with our Americas Sales & Global Systems Engineering organizations as we expand into new industries, verticals and segments.
Additionally the Customer Experience organization includes our Global Support and Professional Services teams. We have an established Global Support team in four main locations (Mountain View; Lehi, UT; Dublin, Ireland, and Singapore) and an evolving Professional Services team with a new leader to Pure who is charged with building a set of portfolio services that will create diversified revenue opportunities for Pure as we grow and scale.
- Leading through Culture and Values through language, actions, and the complete employee experience.
- Consulting on and improving the organizational design, role structure, and communication flow to align to business strategy and priorities in the region.
- Seeking opportunities to innovative within the organizations you engage with, providing a long-term view of how we achieve our revenue and profitability goals.
- A desire to be a business leader first, and then applying the craft of HR to the business.
- Providing expertise and influence in organization development, including site strategy and global workforce management, as well as an understanding of how to participate in and impact Pure’s business growth strategy.
- Delivering all HR programs such as performance assessments, promotions, succession planning, and employee engagement plans with Excellence and global consistency.
- Being a champion for data and metrics: leveraging analytics to influence business leaders and shaping direction and guidance.
- Providing change management and leadership coaching to successfully embrace opportunities of scale and growth.
- Interacting across a sophisticated global HR organization and COE’s, from Learning & Development and Talent Management to Total Rewards and People Analytics.
- Participating in company-wide talent initiatives, collaborating for global success for Pure Storage Talent Organization.
What You Bring to the Team
- BA/BS or equivalent plus 12+ years of relevant & progressive HR experience
- Experience in leading teams (direct reports), both domestically and internationally
- Strong business acumen paired with talent acumen and business-centric problem-solving skills
- Proven track record of navigating organizational boundaries and building strong partnerships with stakeholders to influence decisions/actions and produce results
- A “business first” mindset of understanding Pure’s portfolio of products and services, and using that knowledge to apply HR and People solutions and outcomes
- An ability to toggle across the strategic and operational - the ability to balance the day-to-day work activities across an array of client groups while instilling value-added business partnership
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills, verbal and written
- An awareness that to thrive in today’s economy, a global mindset and approach is paramount
- Demonstrated competence in the various HR functional areas: employee engagement, performance management, learning and development, data and analytics, etc...
- Prior experience with a technology company required; cloud, BI/analytics, or platform as a service setting preferred
- Thrives in an unstructured environment and helps others do the same
BE YOU—CORPORATE CLONES NEED NOT APPLY.
Pure is where you ask big questions, think differently, and make an impact. This is not just a job, but a place where you have a voice and can accelerate your career. We value unique thoughts and celebrate individuality, and with ample opportunity to learn, develop yourself, and expand into different roles, joining Pure is an investment in your career journey.
Through our Pure Equality program, which supports a flourishing field of employee resource groups, we nourish the personal and professional lives of our team members. And our Pure Good Foundation gives back to local and global communities through volunteering and grants.
And because we understand the value of bringing your full and best self to work, we offer a variety of perks to manage a healthy balance, including flexible time off, wellness resources, and company-sponsored team events.
PURE IS COMMITTED TO EQUALITY.
Pure is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other characteristic legally protected by the laws of the jurisdiction in which you are being considered for hire. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at TA-Ops@purestorage.com.