BE PART OF BUILDING THE FUTURE…
Since our founding in 2009, Pure Storage has empowered innovators to build a better world with data. In less than eight years, Pure reached $1B in sales, faster than nearly every enterprise company in history, and our incredible growth continues to outpace the competition.
Our mission? Deliver a simple, evergreen data platform that enables everyone to turn data into intelligence and advantage. The secret sauce? More than 3,000 team members (and growing!) around the world who join forces to invent the next big thing. And then the next one.
The world is experiencing a revolution driven by next-generation technology like AI, machine learning, virtual reality, quantum computing, and self-driving cars—all of which require unprecedented amounts of data. This sets the stage for Pure’s technology to grow exponentially in the coming years.
We’ve only scratched the surface of our ambitions, and as we continue to gobble up market share, we’re blazing trails and setting records:
- For five straight years, Gartner has named Pure a leader in the Magic Quadrant for Solid-State Arrays.
- Our customer-first culture and unwavering commitment to innovation have earned us a Satmetrix Net Promoter Score in the top 1% of B2B companies globally.
- Pure puts a premium on the future, investing 26% of revenue into R&D.
If you, like us, say “bring it on” to exciting challenges that change the world, we have endless opportunities where you can make your mark.
SHOULD YOU ACCEPT THIS CHALLENGE…
The Pure Engineering Team builds the industry’s most innovative, high-performance, and highly available portfolio of products that are designed for the most demanding mission critical applications. While we deliver a hardware storage array, over 90% of our engineering staff are software engineers. Our customers are the most important part of our business and they love FlashArray for it's simplicity of management, the constant flow of new and exciting upgrades, and ability to live on the cutting edge of technology while never taking downtime, ever. Most recently, we extended the value of our FlashArray capabilities into the cloud with CloudSnap and Cloud Block Store for AWS. These new innovations enable our customers to leverage the agility of the public cloud for both traditional IT and cloud-native applications.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING...
- Plan, implement, and co-develop HW design and qualification projects
- Participation in all phases of the product development cycle including design, documentation, eDVT, FA, and support for custom HW designs
- Define, implement and automate HW validation and qualification tests
- Review, Audit, and Validate reports from JDM partner and retest certain portions of the design
- Write functional specifications (HW/System level), test plans and test reports
- Perform schematic capture of designs
- Analyze and review of device and system-level power, vendor selection (design), cooling, and electrical (SI) functionality
- Improve design and qualification processes to enhance efficiency, consistency, and product robustness
- Qualification of subsystems, including CPU complex, networking, power, etc.
- Perform failure and root cause analysis activities in support of system hardening efforts and customer escalations
- Work with diagnostics engineers by providing direction and reviewing test plans to ensure proper coverage
- Work closely with other team members and providing support on cross functional projects as needed
- Help contribute to creating a culture of quality by design
- Mentoring and coaching junior engineers to create a culture of world-class engineering
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO BRING TO THIS ROLE...
- A degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering (desired), with either:
- Masters with 10+ years of professional work experience.
- Bachelors with 12+ years of professional work experience
- Experience working at enterprise hardware companies preferred (Storage, Server, Networking)
- Strong knowledge of hardware design, x86 architectures and interfaces.
- Ability to qualify x86 hardware at the electrical, SI, protocol and functional levels
- Ability to work cross-functionally with engineering, operations, Mfg. Test, and support to deliver high quality products to our customers
- Strong knowledge of selecting x86 subcomponents, SSD’s, AC/DC Power supplies, and discrete power circuits
- Ability to architect or assist in architecting complex systems, involving compute, storage and I/O
- Experience with HW design tools (i.e. Schematic capture tools, Allegro, Signal integrity tools (HyperLynx, etc))
- Experience implementing and automating HW qualification processes
- Experience with scripting languages (i.e. Python, BASH, EXPECT, etc) and test development
- Experience with High Speed Oscilloscopes and bus analyzers (get trace capture and perform analysis)
- Proficiency in diagnosing and debugging all aspects of hardware systems
- Good understanding of x86 architecture and proven design track record
- Solid understanding of Major Bus/Signaling technology PCIe, UPI, Ethernet, Serial (SPI, I2C)
- Strong understanding of signal integrity (Create routing rules, run analysis of complex layouts)
- Highly self-motivated with the ability to work autonomously in a fast-paced, technical development environment
- Ability to operate in a fast-paced changing business environment
- High level of teamwork and collaboration skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
BE YOU—CORPORATE CLONES NEED NOT APPLY.
Pure is where you ask big questions, think differently, and make an impact. This is not just a job, but a place where you have a voice and can accelerate your career. We value unique thoughts and celebrate individuality, and with ample opportunity to learn, develop yourself, and expand into different roles, joining Pure is an investment in your career journey.
Through our Pure Equality program, which supports a flourishing field of employee resource groups, we nourish the personal and professional lives of our team members. And our Pure Good Foundation gives back to local and global communities through volunteering and grants.
And because we understand the value of bringing your full and best self to work, we offer a variety of perks to manage a healthy balance, including flexible time off, wellness resources, and company-sponsored team events.
PURE IS COMMITTED TO EQUALITY.
Pure is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other characteristic legally protected by the laws of the jurisdiction in which you are being considered for hire. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at TA-Ops@purestorage.com.