BE PART OF BUILDING THE FUTURE.
Since our founding in 2009, Pure Storage has empowered innovators to build a better world with data. In less than eight years, Pure reached $1B in sales, faster than nearly every enterprise company in history, and our incredible growth continues to outpace the competition.
Our mission? Deliver a simple, evergreen data platform that enables everyone to turn data into intelligence and advantage. The secret sauce? More than 3,000 team members (and growing!) around the world who join forces to invent the next big thing. And then the next one.
The world is experiencing a revolution driven by next-generation technology like AI, machine learning, virtual reality, quantum computing, and self-driving cars—all of which require unprecedented amounts of data. This sets the stage for Pure’s technology to grow exponentially in the coming years.
We’ve only scratched the surface of our ambitions, and as we continue to gobble up market share, we’re blazing trails and setting records:
- For five straight years, Gartner has named Pure a leader in the Magic Quadrant for Solid-State Arrays.
- Our customer-first culture and unwavering commitment to innovation have earned us a Satmetrix Net Promoter Score in the top 1% of B2B companies globally.
- Pure puts a premium on the future, investing 26% of revenue into R&D.
If you, like us, say “bring it on” to exciting challenges that change the world, we have endless opportunities where you can make your mark.
SHOULD YOU ACCEPT THIS CHALLENGE...
The FlashArray team builds the industry’s most innovative, high-performance, and highly available portfolio of products that are designed for the most demanding mission critical applications. While we deliver a hardware storage array, over 90% of our engineering staff are software engineers. Our customers are the most important part of our business and they love FlashArray for its simplicity of management, the constant flow of new and exciting upgrades, and ability to live on the cutting edge of technology while never taking downtime, ever. Most recently, we extended the value of our FlashArray capabilities into the cloud with CloudSnap and Cloud Block Store for AWS. These new innovations enable our customers to leverage the agility of the public cloud for both traditional IT and cloud-native applications.
We are looking for a one-of-a-kind Sr. Technical Program Manager to manage complex code merges from different teams in the FlashArray business unit. This is a high-impact, high-visibility role that operates in the heart of the FlashArray engineering organization. In this role, you’ll:
- Create, manage and drive schedules with clear communication.
- Manage various feature branches and approve new code diffs for the mainline. You are the gatekeeper for feature development teams who want in.
- Engage with the stakeholders to streamline processes, define risk mitigation strategies and facilitate appropriate software engineering solutions. In other words: call it when you see it and say "no" when it needs to be said.
- Take ownership of issues and drive appropriate resolutions with diverse technical and non-technical groups. You will have considerable latitude to change how we do things, but you'll need to be able to explain why.
- Be a partner to your management teams raising issues and solving complex organizational challenges. You will frequently have an audience with the senior leadership of the business unit.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO BRING TO THIS ROLE...
- 7-10 years of project or program management experience in software release and delivery.
- A deep antipathy toward bureaucracy and the jargon that accompanies it.
- Effective communication across teams on project goals, schedules, and risks.
- The ability to influence people who don't report directly to you.
- Good understanding of technical subjects and emerging technologies. Past experience as an engineer is a strong plus, but not a hard requirement.
- Experience with code repository/control systems (SVN, Git, etc.) is nice to have, but we assume you can learn on the job.
- An ability to interpret data and improve processes.
- Experience with both Agile and Waterfall software development preferred.
BE YOU—CORPORATE CLONES NEED NOT APPLY.
Pure is where you ask big questions, think differently, and make an impact. This is not just a job, but a place where you have a voice and can accelerate your career. We value unique thoughts and celebrate individuality, and with ample opportunity to learn, develop yourself, and expand into different roles, joining Pure is an investment in your career journey.
Through our Pure Equality program, which supports a flourishing field of employee resource groups, we nourish the personal and professional lives of our team members. And our Pure Good Foundation gives back to local and global communities through volunteering and grants.
And because we understand the value of bringing your full and best self to work, we offer a variety of perks to manage a healthy balance, including flexible time off, wellness resources, and company-sponsored team events.
PURE IS COMMITTED TO EQUALITY.
Pure is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other characteristic legally protected by the laws of the jurisdiction in which you are being considered for hire. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at TA-Ops@purestorage.com.
APPLICANT & CANDIDATE PERSONAL INFORMATION PRIVACY NOTICE.
If you're wondering how or why Pure collects or uses information you provide, we invite you to check out our Applicant & Candidate Personal Information Protection Notice.