BE PART OF BUILDING THE FUTURE.
Since our founding in 2009, Pure Storage has empowered innovators to build a better world with data. In less than eight years, Pure reached $1B in sales, faster than nearly every enterprise company in history, and our incredible growth continues to outpace the competition.
Our mission? Deliver a simple, evergreen data platform that enables everyone to turn data into intelligence and advantage. The secret sauce? More than 3,000 team members (and growing!) around the world who join forces to invent the next big thing. And then the next one.
The world is experiencing a revolution driven by next-generation technology like AI, machine learning, virtual reality, quantum computing, and self-driving cars—all of which require unprecedented amounts of data. This sets the stage for Pure’s technology to grow exponentially in the coming years.
We’ve only scratched the surface of our ambitions, and as we continue to gobble up market share, we’re blazing trails and setting records:
- For five straight years, Gartner has named Pure a leader in the Magic Quadrant for Solid-State Arrays.
- Our customer-first culture and unwavering commitment to innovation have earned us a Satmetrix Net Promoter Score in the top 1% of B2B companies globally.
- Pure puts a premium on the future, investing 26% of revenue into R&D.
If you, like us, say “bring it on” to exciting challenges that change the world, we have endless opportunities where you can make your mark.
FlashBlade: Setting the Bar for Modern Data
While data is the most valuable asset in an organization today, slow and complex legacy storage systems often hold data back from being put to use. FlashBlade is the industry's most advanced file and object storage platform ever, consolidating various data silos like backup appliances, data lakes, and AI infrastructure. Some of the world’s largest SaaS providers to the fastest AI supercomputers rely on FlashBlade to share and deliver data at the speed of their mission-critical workloads.
SHOULD YOU ACCEPT THIS CHALLENGE...
You will own product and solutions marketing and enablement for FlashBlade and ObjectEngine. Your core responsibilities will be to develop and extend our leadership position in the industry with compelling messaging, to enable the field to engage prospects with simple, powerful sales tools, and to execute on a data-driven content pipeline. You will manage a team of marketing professionals while orchestrating a highly cross functional team that includes Sales, Portfolio & Corporate Marketing, and Solutions Engineering. Ultimately, the success of this role will be measured by the growth of our marketing pipeline and participation by our sales teams across several key uses cases including modern data protection, next-generation Analytics, and AI.
The FlashBlade Product & Solutions Marketing Director will be responsible for the following:
- Manage a team of product and solutions marketers, providing leadership that draws out their best work through creativity, passion, and commitment
- Create and manage the Content Roadmap, which includes all assets in support of both campaigns and programs as well as field enablement tools. Drive execution to committed delivery dates, measure and report on success as it relates to timing as well as effectiveness of deliverables.
- Analyze win/loss and market trends at both a qualitative and quantitative level and leverage insights to drive prioritization in the content roadmap.
- Work in close collaboration with Portfolio Marketing and peers in other BUs to ensure alignment with Pure corporate positioning, as well as cohesive Pure cross-product messaging and narratives for launches, campaigns and programs, and sales enablement efforts.
- Ensure that key wins as well as product, solutions, and marketing updates are amplified throughout the field via a Newsletter, and that content is well organized and easily found by field teams
- Develop marketing strategies and plans with outstanding business acumen that hits the sweet-spot of being strategic and “hands-on”
- Articulate product and solutions marketing vision and roadmap in such a way that inspires and drives excitement in the BU as well as across the entire company
- Participate and speak at key industry events as a thought leader and visionary
- Partner with Portfolio Marketing, Integrated Marketing, and the broader Corporate Marketing team to set and drive marketing pipeline, constantly measure the pulse of leading and lagging indicators, and optimize accordingly.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO BRING TO THIS ROLE...
- 5+ or more years of experience in product/solutions management, product marketing, and/or solutions marketing with a focus on storage technologies, products, solutions, and use cases related to data protection and analytics
- 3+ or more years of experience in field sales in storage, or technology related to data center infrastructure
- A data-driven mindset, with the ability to leverage large data sets across Excel and Tableau in order to identify relevant and actionable trends in the business
- A willingness to fiercely prioritize your team’s deliverables and adjust to the needs of the business in real time
- Proven track record of success in a growing business
- Experience marketing or selling to key personas: IT infrastructure mgrs, database/sys admins, data scientists, data architects, cloud architects, IT execs, and C suite.
- Strategic thinker and practical doer.
- Excellent communicator.
- Able to drive towards alignment at the executive and working levels; high emotional intelligence.
- An innovator with a think big, start small, move fast mentality.
- Natural leader, visionary, boundary spanner and relationship builder.
- Demonstrated ability to lead, influence, and work across organizational boundaries and broad range of peers and executives.
BE YOU—CORPORATE CLONES NEED NOT APPLY.
Pure is where you ask big questions, think differently, and make an impact. This is not just a job, but a place where you have a voice and can accelerate your career. We value unique thoughts and celebrate individuality, and with ample opportunity to learn, develop yourself, and expand into different roles, joining Pure is an investment in your career journey.
Through our Pure Equality program, which supports a flourishing field of employee resource groups, we nourish the personal and professional lives of our team members. And our Pure Good Foundation gives back to local and global communities through volunteering and grants.
And because we understand the value of bringing your full and best self to work, we offer a variety of perks to manage a healthy balance, including flexible time off, wellness resources, and company-sponsored team events.
PURE IS COMMITTED TO EQUALITY.
Pure is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other characteristic legally protected by the laws of the jurisdiction in which you are being considered for hire. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at TA-Ops@purestorage.com.
APPLICANT & CANDIDATE PERSONAL INFORMATION PRIVACY NOTICE.
If you're wondering how or why Pure collects or uses information you provide, we invite you to check out our Applicant & Candidate Personal Information Protection Notice.