BE PART OF BUILDING THE FUTURE.
Since our founding in 2009, Pure Storage has empowered innovators to build a better world with data. In less than eight years, Pure reached $1B in sales, faster than nearly every enterprise company in history, and our incredible growth continues to outpace the competition.
Our mission? Deliver a simple, evergreen data platform that enables everyone to turn data into intelligence and advantage. The secret sauce? More than 3,000 team members (and growing!) around the world who join forces to invent the next big thing. And then the next one.
The world is experiencing a revolution driven by next-generation technology like AI, machine learning, virtual reality, quantum computing, and self-driving cars—all of which require unprecedented amounts of data. This sets the stage for Pure’s technology to grow exponentially in the coming years.
We’ve only scratched the surface of our ambitions, and as we continue to gobble up market share, we’re blazing trails and setting records:
- For five straight years, Gartner has named Pure a leader in the Magic Quadrant for Solid-State Arrays.
- Our customer-first culture and unwavering commitment to innovation have earned us a Satmetrix Net Promoter Score in the top 1% of B2B companies globally.
- Pure puts a premium on the future, investing 26% of revenue into R&D.
If you, like us, say “bring it on” to exciting challenges that change the world, we have endless opportunities where you can make your mark.
SHOULD YOU ACCEPT THIS CHALLENGE...
The Sr. Global Real Estate Transaction Manager is a key direct report to the Sr. Director of the Real Estate & Facilities organization reporting to the CFO. You will play a key role as a senior member of the team that handles portfolio strategy, real estate leasing transactions and oversees lease administration for all our offices worldwide.
This position will serve as the lead for acquisitions, dispositions, renewals and terminations for our office and data center portfolios, for multiple regions around the world. The Real Estate Transaction Sr. Manager will be required to ensure the completion of numerous transactions against strict schedules, while also continuously assessing opportunities to improve our cost structure. Each transaction will include developing a business case, preparing financial analysis, conducting site visits when necessary, negotiating contracts and ensuring portfolio planning policies are complied with. This role will be the key person on administering all of the lease administration activity for Pure Storage globally.
The Global Real Estate Transaction Sr. Manager will be required to:
- Serve as the primary operational leader with RE Service Providers for all aspects of identifying and selecting properties (offices, serviced offices, and data centers) that meet the company’s requirements.
- Handle multiple real estate transactions with support of our outsourced brokers, including active participation with the Finance team on rent payments and the Legal department in finalizing all contract negotiation for lease acquisitions and renewals.
- Provide portfolio analysis of alternative scenarios regarding regional space needs and financial commitments, along with a recommended implementation plan that best suits the short and long term goals for the location and company.
- Analyze and prepare the approval recommendation for all real estate transactions, and secure necessary management approvals.
- Identify and develop new processes to facilitate a growing level of efficiency in the delivery and maintenance of real estate to the internal customer.
- Manage outsourced service provider in Lease Administration:
- Coordinate document review, execution, and notarization
- New lease set-up, obtaining vendor payment info, insurance certificates, and Visual Lease database updates
- Request, process, and track building construction info, lease agreements, letters of credit, commencement certificates, etc.
- Review and validate estoppels
- Ensure monthly rent roll from Visual Lease is accurate, submitted for approval, and paid timely
- Track all lease activity and changes to portfolio
- Review and approve annual Op Ex estimates and year-end reconciliations, resolve discrepancies with landlords
- Oversee conformance to lease requirements, landlord consent, restoration requirements, collection of tenant improvement allowance
- Audit Visual Lease real estate database to ensure completion and accuracy
- Track, maintain, and communicate lease expirations, option exercise dates, and other critical dates
- Transaction status reporting, monthly/quarterly lease financial obligations
- Preparing annual rent budgets and quarterly forecasts.
YOU WILL POSSESS
- Highly developed property lease negotiation and transactional experience complimented by a high degree of financial acumen
- Experience managing a dynamic portfolio of property within a multinational organization preferably within the technology sector
- 5+ years’ experience in a corporate real estate environment
- BS/BA Degree in Business Administration, Finance, Real Estate or a related major.
- Strong communication, organizational, and influencing skills in working within the company and external parties
- Proficient at collecting, analyzing and understanding data. Use of techniques and methods to present data in a format that promotes effective and evidence based managerial decision-making.
- Effective communicator; experienced and proficient at presenting to various groups of people.
- Relevant experience of managing third parties/suppliers/consultants.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
BE YOU—CORPORATE CLONES NEED NOT APPLY.
Pure is where you ask big questions, think differently, and make an impact. This is not just a job, but a place where you have a voice and can accelerate your career. We value unique thoughts and celebrate individuality, and with ample opportunity to learn, develop yourself, and expand into different roles, joining Pure is an investment in your career journey.
Through our Pure Equality program, which supports a flourishing field of employee resource groups, we nourish the personal and professional lives of our team members. And our Pure Good Foundation gives back to local and global communities through volunteering and grants.
And because we understand the value of bringing your full and best self to work, we offer a variety of perks to manage a healthy balance, including flexible time off, wellness resources, and company-sponsored team events.
PURE IS COMMITTED TO EQUALITY.
Pure is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other characteristic legally protected by the laws of the jurisdiction in which you are being considered for hire. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at TA-Ops@purestorage.com.
***This role is based out of our Mountain View, CA office***