BE PART OF BUILDING THE FUTURE.
Since our founding in 2009, Pure Storage has empowered innovators to build a better world with data. In less than eight years, Pure reached $1B in sales, faster than nearly every enterprise company in history, and our incredible growth continues to outpace the competition.
Our mission? Deliver a simple, evergreen data platform that enables everyone to turn data into intelligence and advantage. The secret sauce? More than 3,000 team members (and growing!) around the world who join forces to invent the next big thing. And then the next one.
The world is experiencing a revolution driven by next-generation technology like AI, machine learning, virtual reality, quantum computing, and self-driving cars—all of which require unprecedented amounts of data. This sets the stage for Pure’s technology to grow exponentially in the coming years.
We’ve only scratched the surface of our ambitions, and as we continue to gobble up market share, we’re blazing trails and setting records:
- For five straight years, Gartner has named Pure a leader in the Magic Quadrant for Solid-State Arrays.
- Our customer-first culture and unwavering commitment to innovation have earned us a Satmetrix Net Promoter Score in the top 1% of B2B companies globally.
- Pure puts a premium on the future, investing 26% of revenue into R&D.
If you, like us, say “bring it on” to exciting challenges that change the world, we have endless opportunities where you can make your mark.
SHOULD YOU ACCEPT THIS CHALLENGE...
The FlashBlade team is responsible for FlashBlade and ObjectEngine products. With the FlashBlade product, we are building a scale-out all-flash file and object store, designed for the modern world. To really understand how our customers work with data, we are deeply immersed in AI, modern backup, log analytics with Splunk and Elastic, data pipeline with Kafka, cluster computing with Spark, and many more use cases. With the ObjectEngine product we are looking to modernize data protection by driving to a new architecture of F2F2C (Flash to Flash to Cloud).
We are looking for a senior DevOps engineer who loves to solve hard problems and create reliable, scalable, high-performance tools and infrastructure to support other engineers. You will be-
- Designing, building, and managing a rapidly growing infrastructure (both physical and virtual servers as well as networking and storage) by creating scalable, reliable and consistent deployment patterns for an environment which is critical to the internal testing and development of Pure Storage products.
- Supporting a dedicated set of brilliant software and hardware engineers in a startup-like environment.
- Bringing new ideas and innovations to the table, with a focus on continuous improvement and productivity of the team overall.
- Responding reliably, taking ownership, and participating in a periodic on-call rotation.
- Working autonomously, with minimal supervision and communicating early and often. We don’t value unnecessary meetings and micro-management – we value getting things done and done right!
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO BRING TO THIS ROLE...
- 5+ years of solid infrastructure administration experience, designing and implementing virtualization and automation environments preferably in a DevOps setting (KVM, VMware, Docker).
- Broad experience in DevOps best practices with on-prem, cloud, automation and self-service capabilities.
- Passionate operational mindset with hands-on experience diagnosing and troubleshooting systems, including performance management and capacity planning.
- Experience with configuration management tools such as Ansible and Puppet.
- Strong scripting or development experience (e.g. Powershell, Python).
- Familiar with networking concepts and services - both IPv4 and IPv6 - (DNS/DHCP, NFS, CIFS/SMB, NAT, WMI/WSMAN, etc.).
- Self motivated with a strong sense of ownership, “can-do” attitude, urgency and drive.
- Physical ability to lift and rack equipment (approx. 30 lbs.).
- Ability to be on-call 24x7 at least one week per month.
BE YOU—CORPORATE CLONES NEED NOT APPLY.
Pure is where you ask big questions, think differently, and make an impact. This is not just a job, but a place where you have a voice and can accelerate your career. We value unique thoughts and celebrate individuality, and with ample opportunity to learn, develop yourself, and expand into different roles, joining Pure is an investment in your career journey.
Through our Pure Equality program, which supports a flourishing field of employee resource groups, we nourish the personal and professional lives of our team members. And our Pure Good Foundation gives back to local and global communities through volunteering and grants.
And because we understand the value of bringing your full and best self to work, we offer a variety of perks to manage a healthy balance, including flexible time off, wellness resources, and company-sponsored team events.
PURE IS COMMITTED TO EQUALITY.
Pure is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other characteristic legally protected by the laws of the jurisdiction in which you are being considered for hire. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at TA-Ops@purestorage.com.
APPLICANT & CANDIDATE PERSONAL INFORMATION PRIVACY NOTICE.
If you're wondering how or why Pure collects or uses information you provide, we invite you to check out our Applicant & Candidate Personal Information Protection Notice.