BE PART OF BUILDING THE FUTURE.
Since our founding in 2009, Pure Storage has empowered innovators to build a better world with data. In less than eight years, Pure reached $1B in sales, faster than nearly every enterprise company in history, and our incredible growth continues to outpace the competition.
Our mission? Deliver a simple, evergreen data platform that enables everyone to turn data into intelligence and advantage. The secret sauce? More than 3,000 team members (and growing!) around the world who join forces to invent the next big thing. And then the next one.
The world is experiencing a revolution driven by next-generation technology like AI, machine learning, virtual reality, quantum computing, and self-driving cars—all of which require unprecedented amounts of data. This sets the stage for Pure’s technology to grow exponentially in the coming years.
We’ve only scratched the surface of our ambitions, and as we continue to gobble up market share, we’re blazing trails and setting records:
- For five straight years, Gartner has named Pure a leader in the Magic Quadrant for Solid-State Arrays.
- Our customer-first culture and unwavering commitment to innovation have earned us a Satmetrix Net Promoter Score in the top 1% of B2B companies globally.
- Pure puts a premium on the future, investing 26% of revenue into R&D.
If you, like us, say “bring it on” to exciting challenges that change the world, we have endless opportunities where you can make your mark.
SHOULD YOU ACCEPT THIS CHALLENGE...
What You Will Be Doing
The Director, Go-to Market Strategic Planning and Analytics will be the primary finance business partner to the Global Go-To-Market (GTM) organization. This involves providing strategic thought leadership and operational finance support, including budgeting, forecasting and reporting of financial and operational information. Responsibilities include:
- Financial oversight of the Go-to Market (GTM) organization, which includes Sales, Systems Engineering, Channel, Alliances, and Marketing
- Manages the overall GTM worldwide planning process, tie off and coordination with other finance teams within GTM Finance and across the Product, Services and Corporate Finance teams
- Budget and headcount allocation across GTM teams
- Partner with Finance organization on annual operating plan and ongoing management and measurement of the GTM P&L
- Lead financial analysis for different initiatives under consideration by the GTM team
- Partner with business leads, business strategy leads, and compensation teams to optimize GTM investments
- Key contributor in defining and managing our field facilities initiatives
- Key contributor in developing annual sales targets and compensation plans
- Lead predictive analytics efforts to help optimal business outcomes
- Key contributor in evaluating our geographic and legal entity expansion strategy
- Key member of cross functional teams reviewing new business models to assure GTM requirements for implementation, ongoing administration, key success metrics and measurement against those objectives and targets can occur
- Coordinate budget and forecasting analysis process to provide timely budget vs actual reporting.
- Develop and implement process improvements, including budget and headcount tracking as well as the calculation of success metrics.
- Perform ad hoc projects as needed.
- Be the go-to subject matter expert on all things finance for the broader GTM organization, providing training and direction as needed.
What You Bring To The Team
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics or equivalent; MBA or Master’s Degree a plus
- 8-10+ Years of progressively complex roles in a financial function with financial planning and analysis experience/understanding
- GTM FP&A experience or experience providing finance business partnering to a GTM or Sales organization. Experience in and with high-tech organizations
- Broad background across roles in Finance and Operations
- Advanced Excel modeling and PowerPoint skills
- Experience with NetSuite and Anaplan a plus
- Ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously and work well under pressure
- Willingness and curiosity to take deep dives into status quo and drive effective changes that scale
- Excellent analytical, decision-making, project management and financial modeling abilities
- Ability to partner cross functionally, through strong relationship building, influencing, negotiating and communication skills, with all levels of management.
- Must be willing and able to work in an open office, team environment.
BE YOU—CORPORATE CLONES NEED NOT APPLY.
Pure is where you ask big questions, think differently, and make an impact. This is not just a job, but a place where you have a voice and can accelerate your career. We value unique thoughts and celebrate individuality, and with ample opportunity to learn, develop yourself, and expand into different roles, joining Pure is an investment in your career journey.
Through our Pure Equality program, which supports a flourishing field of employee resource groups, we nourish the personal and professional lives of our team members. And our Pure Good Foundation gives back to local and global communities through volunteering and grants.
And because we understand the value of bringing your full and best self to work, we offer a variety of perks to manage a healthy balance, including flexible time off, wellness resources, and company-sponsored team events.
PURE IS COMMITTED TO EQUALITY.
Pure is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other characteristic legally protected by the laws of the jurisdiction in which you are being considered for hire. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at TA-Ops@purestorage.com.