BE PART OF BUILDING THE FUTURE.
Since our founding in 2009, Pure Storage has empowered innovators to build a better world with data. In less than eight years, Pure reached $1B in sales, faster than nearly every enterprise company in history, and our incredible growth continues to outpace the competition.
Our mission? Deliver a simple, evergreen data platform that enables everyone to turn data into intelligence and advantage. The secret sauce? More than 3,000 team members (and growing!) around the world who join forces to invent the next big thing. And then the next one.
The world is experiencing a revolution driven by next-generation technology like AI, machine learning, virtual reality, quantum computing, and self-driving cars—all of which require unprecedented amounts of data. This sets the stage for Pure’s technology to grow exponentially in the coming years.
We’ve only scratched the surface of our ambitions, and as we continue to gobble up market share, we’re blazing trails and setting records:
- For five straight years, Gartner has named Pure a leader in the Magic Quadrant for Solid-State Arrays.
- Our customer-first culture and unwavering commitment to innovation have earned us a Satmetrix Net Promoter Score in the top 1% of B2B companies globally.
- Pure puts a premium on the future, investing 26% of revenue into R&D.
If you, like us, say “bring it on” to exciting challenges that change the world, we have endless opportunities where you can make your mark.
SHOULD YOU ACCEPT THIS CHALLENGE...
We seek a highly motivated Sr. Director – Operations and Supply Chain Strategy, to lead the continued development and implementation of Pure’s end to end supply chain strategy. This role will also manage a strategy PMO office that will lead key initiatives within the Operations and overall Pure Organization. This person will be leading cross-functional teams in delivering next generation supply chain strategies for growth and operational efficiencies. Lean and six sigma leadership will also be encompassed within this role.
This person will interface with Engineering Design, Product marketing, production team (internally and externally), NPI teams, quality, manufacturing test etc. to provide leadership and expertise as required. Working cross functionally, this person will also utilize his/her team to investigate strategic future processes to achieve operational excellence.
- Leading and driving the development, implementation and governance process of a 1 to 5-year supply chain strategy for Pure Storage
- Provide leadership guidance and direction to cross-functional teams in relationship to optimizing Pure’s end to end supply chain nodes and corresponding global footprint
- Drive the successful implementation of a Lean supply chain at Pure
- Define manufacturing infrastructure and technology required. Based on high-level forecasting and sales estimates, make/influence strategic decisions on how products will be manufactured
- Define strategic supply chain policies regarding suppliers and decisions on the design and operation of the logistics network, significantly influencing the performance of the supply chain
- Build out and lead teams as required to support the strategic objectives and needs of Pure Storage
- Develop processes and requirements for improved operational efficiencies and new range of products and services
- High level strategic supply chain decisions relevant to whole organizations reflecting overall corporate strategy. Translate business strategy into operations and supply chain actions
- Lead and develop projects that improve production output, cost, etc. and make recommendations to senior management
- Some travel to support supply chain nodes and corresponding kaizen activities.
- Manage program management team for growth, leadership and excellence across the entire value chain
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO BRING TO THIS ROLE...
Personal Skills and Experience Required
- 10+ years of experience in a supply chain leadership role. Multiple years driving end to end Operations/Supply Chain strategies in a high-tech environment
- 5+ years leading Lean Manufacturing and/or Lean Supply Chain, including DFx, transformation and governance activities
- Experience working directly with Contract Manufacturing, HW engineering and program management
- Well-developed understanding of the interplay between planning, strategic sourcing, manufacturing, CM processes, logistics, and customer service
- Entrepreneurial spirit and a passion for leading people, implementing smart processes, and working collaboratively
- Strong knowledge of design, development, and integration process for new products
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills, including a very strong executive presence
- Exceptionally high level of emotional intelligence and ability to influence people and outcomes
- Superior problem solving skills and ability to think critically, incorporating sound judgement and business acumen to analyze information, remove roadblocks, and drive results
- Exceptional ability to make clear decisions and recommendations that balance strategic direction and guidance with tactical details and experience
- Proven ability to effectively lead, develop and manage a team
- Must be able to effectively interface with engineering, manufacturing, contract, procurement, quality, administrative and management personnel. Inclusive management style: able to lead and motivate team members and be comfortable with raising issues in a timely manner
- Superior knowledge of project management techniques and best practices
- High proficiency in Excel, PowerPoint, and Project or related project management software
- Highest ethical standards, integrity, authenticity, credibility and character
- Experience working with multinational cross functional teams in manufacturing
- MBA, PMP, PMI certification, Advanced degree preferred
BE YOU—CORPORATE CLONES NEED NOT APPLY.
Pure is where you ask big questions, think differently, and make an impact. This is not just a job, but a place where you have a voice and can accelerate your career. We value unique thoughts and celebrate individuality, and with ample opportunity to learn, develop yourself, and expand into different roles, joining Pure is an investment in your career journey.
Through our Pure Equality program, which supports a flourishing field of employee resource groups, we nourish the personal and professional lives of our team members. And our Pure Good Foundation gives back to local and global communities through volunteering and grants.
And because we understand the value of bringing your full and best self to work, we offer a variety of perks to manage a healthy balance, including flexible time off, wellness resources, and company-sponsored team events.
PURE IS COMMITTED TO EQUALITY.
Pure is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other characteristic legally protected by the laws of the jurisdiction in which you are being considered for hire. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at TA-Ops@purestorage.com.