BE PART OF BUILDING THE FUTURE.
Since our founding in 2009, Pure Storage has empowered innovators to build a better world with data. In less than eight years, Pure reached $1B in sales, faster than nearly every enterprise company in history, and our incredible growth continues to outpace the competition.
Our mission? Deliver a simple, evergreen data platform that enables everyone to turn data into intelligence and advantage. The secret sauce? More than 3,000 team members (and growing!) around the world who join forces to invent the next big thing. And then the next one.
The world is experiencing a revolution driven by next-generation technology like AI, machine learning, virtual reality, quantum computing, and self-driving cars—all of which require unprecedented amounts of data. This sets the stage for Pure’s technology to grow exponentially in the coming years.
We’ve only scratched the surface of our ambitions, and as we continue to gobble up market share, we’re blazing trails and setting records:
- For five straight years, Gartner has named Pure a leader in the Magic Quadrant for Solid-State Arrays.
- Our customer-first culture and unwavering commitment to innovation have earned us a Satmetrix Net Promoter Score in the top 1% of B2B companies globally.
- Pure puts a premium on the future, investing 26% of revenue into R&D.
If you, like us, say “bring it on” to exciting challenges that change the world, we have endless opportunities where you can make your mark.
SHOULD YOU ACCEPT THIS CHALLENGE...
As the Chief Librarian at Pure Storage, you will be part of the Engineering Productivity Team, which is tasked with empowering developers by giving them the tools and knowledge they need.
- Write API documentation and theory-of-operation material for developers, taking full responsibility for a corpus of internal-facing material.
- Build the tooling and framework for recording and sharing internal, developer-focused documentation.
- Interview engineers about the features they’ve built and create or locate the documentation to describe how it works.
- Curate existing internal-facing documentation to ensure it is findable, relevant, and up-to-date.
- Be a product guru.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO BRING TO THIS ROLE…
- 5+ years of technical writing experience in a software environment, particularly with a focus on internal-facing documentation.
- Experience with structured content management systems (XML, YAML, DocBook, etc), UNIX/Linux, and/or Git.
- Familiarity with or passion regarding the idea of “docs-as-code” would be particularly appropriate to this role.
- Experience working in a highly collaborative (Agile) environment.
- Experience working independently in a cross-functional team setting.
- Knowledge of storage systems and protocols a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- A team player.
- Strong technical writing skills. Be able to write new material and edit existing content for grammar and clarity.
- The ability to independently design and execute large-scale documentation projects.
- A thirst for knowledge. Be able to grasp complex technical concepts and then articulate them clearly and accurately.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills. Be able to forge relationships and work collaboratively with developers, fellow writers, product managers, QA engineers, and support engineers to develop documentation.
- Strong organization skills. Be able to handle multiple tasks concurrently and deliver documents in a timely manner, sometimes under tight timelines.
- A willingness to ask questions and seek assistance as needed.
- The flexibility to adapt to changing engineering priorities.
- Pride and ownership of not just documentation, but of the product as well.
- Energy and fun!
BE YOU—CORPORATE CLONES NEED NOT APPLY.
Pure is where you ask big questions, think differently, and make an impact. This is not just a job, but a place where you have a voice and can accelerate your career. We value unique thoughts and celebrate individuality, and with ample opportunity to learn, develop yourself, and expand into different roles, joining Pure is an investment in your career journey.
Through our Pure Equality program, which supports a flourishing field of employee resource groups, we nourish the personal and professional lives of our team members. And our Pure Good Foundation gives back to local and global communities through volunteering and grants.
And because we understand the value of bringing your full and best self to work, we offer a variety of perks to manage a healthy balance, including flexible time off, wellness resources, and company-sponsored team events.
PURE IS COMMITTED TO EQUALITY.
Pure is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other characteristic legally protected by the laws of the jurisdiction in which you are being considered for hire. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at TA-Ops@purestorage.com.