BE PART OF BUILDING THE FUTURE.
Since our founding in 2009, Pure Storage has empowered innovators to build a better world with data. In less than eight years, Pure reached $1B in sales, faster than nearly every enterprise company in history, and our incredible growth continues to outpace the competition.
Our mission? Deliver a simple, evergreen data platform that enables everyone to turn data into intelligence and advantage. The secret sauce? More than 3,000 team members (and growing!) around the world who join forces to invent the next big thing. And then the next one.
The world is experiencing a revolution driven by next-generation technology like AI, machine learning, virtual reality, quantum computing, and self-driving cars—all of which require unprecedented amounts of data. This sets the stage for Pure’s technology to grow exponentially in the coming years.
We’ve only scratched the surface of our ambitions, and as we continue to gobble up market share, we’re blazing trails and setting records:
- For five straight years, Gartner has named Pure a leader in the Magic Quadrant for Solid-State Arrays.
- Our customer-first culture and unwavering commitment to innovation have earned us a Satmetrix Net Promoter Score in the top 1% of B2B companies globally.
- Pure puts a premium on the future, investing 26% of revenue into R&D.
If you, like us, say “bring it on” to exciting challenges that change the world, we have endless opportunities where you can make your mark.
SHOULD YOU ACCEPT THIS CHALLENGE...
This role is part of a stealth team focused on creating a hyper-scale infrastructure and cloud based management to simplify building and running data-centers. The vision is to bring Pure’s efficiency to running large scalable hardware infrastructures and simplicity to managing containers, VMs or bare-metal services. The atmosphere is very much startup like with high energy and focus to deliver on the new initiatives for Pure and its customers.
If you love getting your hands on the bleeding edge of data center infrastructure, this is the best place to be! Our reference architectures need to reflect the industry trends, so we stay very current. We want somebody to join the team that is naturally curious about technology. We don't expect you to know everything, but you should have a positive attitude and willingness to jump in and learn something new.
The team works on everything from:
- Zero touch provisioned and simple to manage racks with storage, network and compute servers
- Cloud scale infrastructure and control using open source products such as Kubernetes, Prometheus etc.
- Cloud based SaaS and APIs to visualize, manage, and monitor a datacenter
- Automated and simple to consume virtualization and containerization for running private clouds and hybrid workloads
- We build our frontend with Angular and Typescript and our backend services in Java, Python, and Go.
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL...
- Own the overall technical strategy, design decisions and development of datacenter infrastructure and cloud based management
- Technically lead a team of other experienced engineers
- Design, develop and deploy highly scalable solutions spanning compute, storage and networking
- Design and build cloud-based container and VM orchestration
- Rapidly prototype and build incremental improvements in a startup-like environment
- Support customers in product rollout, recommend best practices and tackle production issues
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO BRING TO THIS ROLE...
- Previous technical leadership experience, and at least 12+ years of industry experience
- Good record of shipping products and handling product lifecycle from conception through design, development, deployment and operations
- Proficiency in at least one programming language such as Go, Python etc.
- Experience in at least one tech stack related to containers (Kubernetes) or VMs (VMWare, KVM)
- Experience working with data center hardware configuration and management including switches, servers and enterprise storage
- Experience with automation toolkits such as Ansible, Terraform, etc. is a plus
- Experience with other cloud vendors and technologies, such as AWS or Azure is a plus
BE YOU—CORPORATE CLONES NEED NOT APPLY.
Pure is where you ask big questions, think differently, and make an impact. This is not just a job, but a place where you have a voice and can accelerate your career. We value unique thoughts and celebrate individuality, and with ample opportunity to learn, develop yourself, and expand into different roles, joining Pure is an investment in your career journey.
Through our Pure Equality program, which supports a flourishing field of employee resource groups, we nourish the personal and professional lives of our team members. And our Pure Good Foundation gives back to local and global communities through volunteering and grants.
And because we understand the value of bringing your full and best self to work, we offer a variety of perks to manage a healthy balance, including flexible time off, wellness resources, and company-sponsored team events.
PURE IS COMMITTED TO EQUALITY.
Pure is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other characteristic legally protected by the laws of the jurisdiction in which you are being considered for hire. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at TA-Ops@purestorage.com.
APPLICANT & CANDIDATE PERSONAL INFORMATION PRIVACY NOTICE.
If you're wondering how or why Pure collects or uses information you provide, we invite you to check out our Applicant & Candidate Personal Information Protection Notice.
DEEMED EXPORT LICENSE NOTICE.
Some positions may require a deemed export license for compliance with applicable laws and regulations. Please note: Pure does not currently sponsor deemed export license applications so we are unable to proceed with applicants requiring stated sponsorship.