Our ambitious goal of helping innovators build a better world with data started in 2009. Today, we are one of the fastest growing enterprise companies in history, surpassing $1B in revenue at the end of 2017.
The world is experiencing a technological revolution driven by AI, machine learning, virtual reality, quantum computing and self-driving cars -- all of which require large amounts of data and put Pure’s technology literally in the driver’s seat. Our solutions deliver real-time, secure data to power mission-critical production, DevOps, and modern analytics in multi-cloud environments. With a Satmetrix NPS score in the top 1% of B2B companies worldwide, our customer-first culture and commitment to innovation create a thriving company that employees, customers, partners, and investors love. For more information on our business, check out the corporate fact sheet here.
About the Team
This role is part of a stealth team focused on creating a hyper-scale infrastructure and cloud based management to simplify building and running data-centers. The vision is to bring Pure’s efficiency to running large scalable hardware infrastructures and simplicity to managing containers, VMs or bare-metal services. The atmosphere is very much startup like with high energy and focus to deliver on the new initiatives for Pure and its customers.
If you love getting your hands on the bleeding edge of data center infrastructure, this is the best place to be! Our reference architectures need to reflect the industry trends, so we stay very current. We want somebody to join the team that is naturally curious about technology. We don't expect you to know everything, but you should have a positive attitude and willingness to jump in and learn something new.
The team works on everything from:
- Zero touch provisioned and simple to manage racks with storage, network and compute servers
- Cloud scale infrastructure and control using open source products such as Kubernetes, Prometheus etc.
- Cloud based SaaS and APIs to visualize, manage, and monitor a datacenter
- Automated and simple to consume virtualization and containerization for running private clouds and hybrid workloads
- We build our frontend with Angular and Typescript and our backend services in Java, Python, and Go.
- Proficiency in at least one programming language Python, Go, C, C++, etc.
- Significant domain knowledge of Networking stack and hardware
- Experience working with major protocols such as TCP/IP, BGP, OSPF, VRRP, BBQ, MPLS
- Understanding of overlay and underlay networking concepts
- Experience with Firewall and Network Monitoring systems is a plus
- Experience in at least one tech stack related to containers (docker, Kubernetes) or VMs (VMWare, KVM)
- Experience working with data center hardware configuration and management including switches, servers and enterprise storage
- Experience with automation toolkits such as Ansible, Terraform, etc.
- Own the overall networking strategy for large scale deployment of datacenter hardware with cloud-based management and container/VM orchestration software
- Rapidly prototype and build incremental improvements in a startup-like environment
- Design, develop and deploy highly scalable SDN solution
- Build a state of the art cloud-based health and traffic monitoring solution
- Support customers in product rollout, recommend best practices and tackle networking issues
No Storage? No Problem.
We look for talent and culture first, specific backgrounds second, so once you decide Pure is the right place for you, we will match you with the right project to start with. Plus, we like people to have the ability to do different things and be constantly learning, so we support our employees in moving around to different teams and projects across the company.
Pure creates opportunities for individual development and career growth.
At Pure, we believe that each Puritan is a leader contributing to the success of our business, regardless of role. We offer an assortment of learning options available to all Puritans, including workshops on leadership, management, career development and more! We’re here to change the world and we hope you join us!
Pure offers an unlimited vacation policy, free lunches, meditation rooms, free yoga classes and employee resource groups to encourage all of our employees to maintain mind and body wellness. Through our Pure Good Foundation, we also offer numerous volunteer opportunities for employees to give back not only to the Bay Area, but across the globe.
Pure is Committed to Equality
Pure is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other characteristic legally protected by the laws of the jurisdiction in which you are being considered for hire. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com.