Our ambitious goal of helping innovators build a better world with data started in 2009. Today, we are one of the fastest growing enterprise companies in history, exceeding $1B in revenue at the end of 2017.
The world is experiencing a revolution driven by next-generation technology like AI, machine learning, virtual reality, quantum computing, and self-driving cars -- all of which require large amounts of data. Luckily for us, this means there’s more need for Pure’s technology than ever before - with solutions that deliver real-time, secure data to power mission-critical applications, DevOps, and modern analytics in multi-cloud environments. Our Satmetrix Net Promoter Score (NPS) score is in the top 1% of B2B companies worldwide, driven by our customer-first culture and unrelenting commitment to innovation.
We’re building a fast-growing company that employees, customers, partners, and investors love - and we’re looking for talented and passionate candidates to join us. For more information on Pure, check out the corporate fact sheet.
What you will be doing
The Director Global of Paid Media strategy devises media initiatives to support Pure’s marketing strategy and oversees the planning, purchase and optimization of paid media through agencies. This role must possess knowledge of today’s media landscape, including offline (e.g. print, broadcast, out-of-home) and online media channels and technologies (e.g. online display, pay-per-click, search engine marketing, content syndication, retargeting). The role works with leaders in brand, demand generation, and product teams or business units to understand their goals and audience needs, and determines how to meet these goals within available budgets and timeframes. They will manage media research and make recommendations for integrated media plans that provide cost-effective coverage of target audiences. This person will recommend creative approaches that optimize the use of advertising channels, as well as ways to achieve cross-channel alignment. They will also oversee the production process, ensuring that advertising units are reviewed, approved internally and meet the specifications of media outlets (e.g. deadlines). This work also includes monitoring and reporting on advertising performance and ROI.
- Develop a quarterly/annual media plan and budget to support integrated campaigns, brand and business goals using online and offline media.
- Recommend ways that paid media can work in conjunction with earned and owned media for maximum impact, traffic growth and overall audience acquisition.
- Manage a global digital media team responsible for optimizing digital media channels
- Work in strong interlock with field marketing and other parts of the organization to ensure maximum business outcome delivery.
- Manage team’s day-to-day work with agency partners and, if necessary, the process of selecting an agency partners (e.g. RFP creation, on-boarding, periodic performance reviews).
- Responsible for leveraging 1st and 3rd party data sources to optimize decisions to reach target audiences, segments and other modeling approaches.
- Manage day-to-day paid media operations, including ad production workflow (internally and with agencies).
- Responsible for appropriate coordination with Demand Center leads as well as inside sales to ensure optimal return on investment.
- Actively participate in conversations with Demand Center on lead scoring, quality, strategy and performance as it relates to leads generated by demand gen media activities.
- Provide forward-looking insights on new strategies, technologies and emerging best practices.
- Monitor the organization’s overall media efforts for alignment with strategy, effectiveness, brand safety and viewability.
- Report on the results of paid media efforts in relation to brand, demand creation and corporate initiatives, providing reporting on effectiveness across all advertising campaigns and channels.
- Continually look for ways to optimize and improve paid media performance, including leveraging marketing automation platforms and SFDC data.
- 10+ years of experience managing advertising or media strategy for an organization or agency
- Experience managing digital advertising programs (e.g. programmatic, search engine) or teams, and significant program budget
- Experience in both awareness and demand gen B2B media campaigns, with a track record of beating industry benchmarks and executing with success global programs
- Experience in media best practices in different regions, and field experience a plus.
- Capable of managing the development of print, broadcast, digital and out-of-home creative material
- Understanding of the role of marketing automation in measuring effectiveness
- Capable of using data science and other data to make decisions
- Experience in multi-variant testing
- Analytics and budget management experience
- Proven track record to lead by influence, and lead other leaders
- Management of communications to multiple complex stakeholder groups at a local, regional, national and international scale
- Knowledge of and experience using SiriusDecisions best practices
- Experience and appreciation of local marketing nuances in the approach to different markets
Professional Skills & Qualifications
- 15+ years of experience, 10+ in media,
- BA/BS in marketing (revenue, performance), operations, analytics or related field
- Agency, field marketing, theater programs, campaign experience a plus.
- Strong ability to build up cross-functional relationships and virtual teams
- A strong conceptual mind
- Analytical, data-minded and measurement focused , while also holding an eye for craftsmanship
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- Proactive and always looking forward (e. g., not getting caught in reactive mode or waiting for the story to come to you)
- Exceptional written and communication skills.
- Highly-organized and detail-oriented
- Flexible with strong business sense and acumen; good grasp of Agile methodology
- an execute multiple tasks simultaneously
- Project, team and agency management
- Collaborative and customer focused
- Persistent, resourceful and scrappy
- Comfortable working in a cross-functional and/or matrixed reporting environment with competing priorities
- Comfortable using technologies, and familiar with digital ad technologies
- Ability to work under pressure and changing circumstances
- Creative and insatiably curious
- Relevant industry knowledge, especially related to media landscape
No Storage? No Problem.
We look for talent and culture first, specific technologies second, so once you decide Pure is the right place for you, we will match you with the right project to start with. Plus, we like people to have the ability to do different things and be constantly learning, so we encourage our engineers to move around to different teams and project across the company.
Pure creates opportunities for individual development and career growth.
We offer a six-month leadership development program for current employees looking to advance within the company, as well as sales and technical training programs for interns and recent graduates. We also host monthly workshops and panels that focus on a variety of topics ranging from honing the skills needed for career advancement to learning how to choose a mentor.
Pure offers an unlimited vacation policy, free lunches, meditation rooms, free yoga classes and employee resource groups, such as Pure Equality and Pure Vets, to encourage all of our employees to maintain mind and body wellness. We offer numerous volunteer opportunities for employees to give back not only to the Bay Area, but across the globe.
Job ID: #LI-CB1