Our ambitious goal of helping innovators build a better world with data started in 2009. Today, we are one of the fastest growing enterprise companies in history, exceeding $1B in revenue at the end of 2017.
The world is experiencing a revolution driven by next-generation technology like AI, machine learning, virtual reality, quantum computing, and self-driving cars -- all of which require large amounts of data. Luckily for us, this means there’s more need for Pure’s technology than ever before - with solutions that deliver real-time, secure data to power mission-critical applications, DevOps, and modern analytics in multi-cloud environments. Our Satmetrix Net Promoter Score (NPS) score is in the top 1% of B2B companies worldwide, driven by our customer-first culture and unrelenting commitment to innovation.
We’re building a fast-growing company that employees, customers, partners, and investors love - and we’re looking for talented and passionate candidates to join us. For more information on Pure, check out the corporate fact sheet.
Our visionary goal of helping innovators build a better world with data started in 2009. Today, we are one of the fastest growing enterprise companies in history, exceeding $1B in revenue at the end of 2017. With a Satmetrix NPS score in the top 1% of B2B companies worldwide, our customer-first culture and dedication to innovation build a fast-growing company that employees, customers, partners, and investors love. For more information on our business, check out the corporate fact sheet here.
Over the past two decades, we’ve seen data center infrastructure and data protection strategies evolve from “disk-to-tape-to-truck” … to “disk-to-disk-to-tape” … to “flash-to-disk-to-disk”. Performance, data availability, and data insight requirements—- crafted together with the evolution of flash economics—- have taken most production environments from disk to flash. The need to rapidly restore critical data sets combined with the dream for organizations to demonstrate a multi-cloud strategy, is leading us into a flash-to-flash-to-cloud world, and Pure is owning the way.
What You Will Be Doing
The Cloud Ops Engineer focuses on understanding Pure’s cloud strategy through multiple vendors. With a primary focus of managing cost and efficiencies, the Cloud Ops Engineer will also research and understand how to move workloads from one platform to another in the most efficient way. A broad understanding of cloud platforms and how to host applications via public or private solutions will be key to the success of this role. In addition, the Engineer will also be responsible for providing recommendations on best practices for managing data lakes and data warehouses (on-prem or off-prem). This role will be responsible for Analysis as well as technical implementations such as delivering code in Python and SQL.
- Daily tracking of cost over various platforms used by Pure including AWS, VMWare CloudHealth, DataDog and ChartIO.
- Ability to complete tenant/subscription cost breakdowns by various dimensions including service name, platform and manager.
- Tracking cost against budget for existing public cloud usage.
- Perform consolidation and redundancy checks around AWS based tenants.
- Continue to grow out use case for our existing Azure subscriptions.
- Develop a strategy around Google Cloud Platform usage in production and test environments.
- Work with core infrastructure groups to increase opportunities for hybrid implementations.
- Governance of Kubernetes cost allocations following same pattern (on-prem and cloud versions).
- Collect data from AWS, Kubernetes and Cloudhealth to enable daily cost tracking using a combination of REST APIs and python libraries.
- Create daily email report with aggregate cost information, including top cost drivers, new services.
- Provide idle resource automated checks/reports -- for AWS, Azure and others.
What You Bring To The Team
- Creating reports in BI tool likes ChartIO, using SQL queries
- Experience assembling a robust collection of alerting for anomalous cost spikes
- Ability to extract, transform and load data into Amazon Redshift warehouse
- Strong background in development using Python and SQL.
- Experience with multiple public cloud platforms specifically AWS, Azure and Google Cloud Platform.
Pure creates opportunities for your development and career growth.
At Pure, we believe that each Puritan is a leader contributing to the success of our business, regardless of your role. We offer an assortment of learning options available to all Puritans, including workshops on leadership, management, and career development. And we support internal mobility that allows our employees to get exposure to different teams and projects across the company to learn and grow. We’re here to change the world and we hope you join us!
Our rewards philosophy is tailored to offer Puritans globally competitive compensation and benefits programs that enable innovation and growth. We offer a wide variety of benefits and perks including comprehensive medical insurance, meal service, opportunities to attend events, join sports leagues, employee assistance programs, work-life services, travel assistance, and employee resource groups – all of which are thoughtfully designed to maintain mind and body wellness. Through our Pure Good Foundation, we also offer numerous volunteer opportunities for employees to give back across the globe.
Pure is Committed to Equality
Pure is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other characteristic legally protected by the laws of the jurisdiction in which you are being considered for hire. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at TA-Ops@purestorage.com.