Our ambitious goal of helping innovators build a better world with data started in 2009. Today, we are one of the fastest growing enterprise companies in history, exceeding $1.4B in revenue at the end of 2018.
The world is experiencing a revolution driven by next-generation technology like AI, machine learning, virtual reality, quantum computing, and self-driving cars -- all of which require large amounts of data. Luckily for us, this means there’s more need for Pure’s technology than ever before - with solutions that deliver real-time, secure data to power mission-critical applications, DevOps, and modern analytics in multi-cloud environments. Our Satmetrix Net Promoter Score (NPS) score is in the top 1% of B2B companies worldwide, driven by our customer-first culture and unrelenting commitment to innovation.
Our differentiated proposition is clear - Deliver a common set of data services (Block, File and Object) that easily extend the Data Center to the cloud, offering effortless setup and management, efficient compression ratios all delivered via our Evergreen Storage Service (ES2).
We’re building a fast-growing company that employees, customers, partners, and investors love - and we’re looking for talented and passionate candidates to join us. For more information on Pure, check out the corporate fact sheet.
Puritans come from various backgrounds and we thrive off of challenging the norm. This cross pollination of backgrounds led to numerous ground breaking ideas and has helped us build one of the most reliable and easy to use storage systems in the industry. We strive to hire the best and brightest people, who excel in a cutting edge, fast paced, collaborative and transparent environment. We are seeking enthusiastic individuals to solve real world problems while having fun along the way.
What You Will Be Doing
- Primary duties will be to support Pure Storage’s inside sales team in the Chicago, IL OR Mountain View, CA office and be the technical sales advisor which demonstrates the technical benefits of Pure’s solution to our prospects and customers.
- Assist prospects and customers with demonstrations, system configurations, and answers to technical questions and be responsible for removing technical barriers in the sales process through opportunity qualification, product demonstrations, and technical presentations, via Zoom, WebEx or other mediums.
- Respond to telephone and electronic communications from customers, resellers, Inside Account Executives, and Management team regarding product applications, pricing, and ongoing projects.
- Demonstrate technical leadership and subject matter expertise on storage products, distributed storage architectures, file systems, and competitive storage offerings in the DAS, NAS and SAN product spaces.
- Technically understand our competitors’ products, so a suitable Pure Storage replacement can be recommended.
- Provide technical knowledge to Inside Account Executives to ensure their ability to position and sell Pure Storage solutions. Knowledge transfer occurs for individuals and groups in the form of continuous ad-hoc training.
- Proactively follow up on outstanding proposals, generated leads, customer requests, etc. in an effort to drive sales growth objectives for the company.
- Work with established programs and sizing tools to provide customers with product performance solution that meets and exceeds their expectations.
- Apply critical thinking techniques to work through difficult customer situations while understanding appropriate time to escalate to Inside Sales Executive or supervisor.
- Work closely with Engineering, Support, Professional Service and Product Management in helping to define product requirements, deployment, troubleshooting and usability.
- Perform other related duties, as needed.
- You will report to the local Systems Engineering Manager.
- Mentor will be assigned to ensure a rapid assimilation into the organization.
What You Bring To The Team
- 3+ years of inside sales experience (technology industry preferred) or equivalent experience in either pre or post sales environments.
- Strong phone presence and experience in a high-volume customer interaction environment.
- Conscientious attitude and dependability, strengths in teamwork and communication.
- Confidence articulate and professional speaking abilities, and a strong ability to listen well.
- Ability to collect data, identify problems, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Preparation and delivery of technical product and architecture presentations.
- Superior knowledge of current and emerging storage architectures (FC, iSCSI, NAS, OSD, SAN)
- Passion for technology and aptitude to learn new technologies.
- Strong knowledge of VMware, Windows, UNIX OS variants (Linux, AIX, …), NFS file systems and network environments.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced team environment.
- Self-motivated individual with the ability to work independently and proactively, while applying a high level of business and technical acumen to a variety of situations.
- Contribute significant portions and/or lead responses to RFPs, RFQs and RFIs
- Demonstrated listening, written communication and product presentation skills.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and projects, in real-time scenarios.
- Domestic, overnight travel 5-10% of the time.
- Salesforce.com experience preferred.
- BS in CS, EE or other technical degree and/or equivalent experience.
No Storage? No Problem.
We look for talent and culture first, specific backgrounds second. So once you decide Pure is the right place for you, we will match you with the right project. Plus, we like people who have the ability to do different things and be constantly learning!
Pure creates opportunities for your development and career growth.
At Pure, we believe that each Puritan is a leader contributing to the success of our business, regardless of your role. We offer an assortment of learning options available to all Puritans, including workshops on leadership, management, and career development. And we support internal mobility that allows our employees to get exposure to different teams and projects across the company to learn and grow. We’re here to change the world and we hope you join us!
Our rewards philosophy is tailored to offer Puritans globally competitive compensation and benefits programs that enable innovation and growth. We offer a wide variety of benefits and perks including comprehensive medical insurance, meal service, opportunities to attend events, join sports leagues, employee assistance programs, work-life services, travel assistance, and employee resource groups – all of which are thoughtfully designed to maintain mind and body wellness. Through our Pure Good Foundation, we also offer numerous volunteer opportunities for employees to give back across the globe.
Pure is Committed to Equality
Pure is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other characteristic legally protected by the laws of the jurisdiction in which you are being considered for hire. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at TA-Ops@purestorage.com.