Pure Storage was founded with the ambitious goal of revolutionizing the computing infrastructure industry. Today we are building the data platform for the cloud era and we’ve accomplished the first step towards that goal by bringing to market the simplest and most reliable all-flash storage array in history. The full potential impact of our line of "Smart Storage" products is only beginning to be felt as customers discover the benefits and exciting applications that can be built on top of a Pure system.
For 5 straight years, Gartner has named Pure a leader in the Magic Quadrant for Solid-State Arrays. According to IDC, Pure has become a Top 10 data storage vendors faster than any other company in history. We continue to take market share, while achieving record-setting customer satisfaction scores for the enterprise technology industry. For more information, check out our corporate fact sheet here.
Pure has built a great place to work, with a team that has rich and diverse set of experiences and backgrounds. Puritans have a passion for innovation, creativity, customer success, transparency, teamwork and fun. We’re looking for talented people to join us on the journey
Business Strategy Team at Pure
What makes the Business Strategy Team unique in contrast to other opportunities? Here at Pure Storage employees get a much wider exposure to strategy development and market execution. This team is closely aligned with both the Sales and Finance organizations and presents strategic guidance directly to top management. Business Strategy works closely with product management, engineering, finance, marketing and many other teams to ensure commercial success, drive efficiency in our execution, and establish Go-To-Market readiness. Our International Business Strategy group focusses on all business executed outside of North America, whilst keeping a close collaboration with HQ and peers in the US.
The successful candidate will have 360 visibility to all aspects of business management - from strategic planning to deal execution, from initial strategic idea to full Go-To-Market implementation.
Role & Responsibilities
We are looking for a highly talented Strategic Program Manager with exceptional stakeholder management, problem solving and program management skills to join our International Business Strategy team. The successful candidate will be responsible to manage Change and Growth programs that keep the company healthy and efficient whilst growing the business at very high rates
What You Will Be Doing
This role brings strategy and operations together through effective implementation: it brings the vision to life. This role will require timely collaboration between multiple, passionate stakeholders for urgent, time-sensitive decisions.
- Be the go-to Business Partner for Strategic Programs in the International arena of Pure’s business for Sales, Finance, Legal, Operations, Compensation, Customer Support and Product Management – ensuring that required change is driven to support growth, whilst satisfying business requirements of stakeholders
- Design, implement and support processes, frameworks, workflows and communication streams that enable growth, safeguarding these are understood, supported and acted on by all stakeholders
- Drive Go-To-Market readiness in countries where Pure is newly present
- Lead the international contribution to the company strategic planning cycle
- Support International Strategy development and global strategic projects
- Collaborate and present to functional leaders and executives on a regular basis. Anticipate business questions by proactively analysing the business
- Present data-supported business cases to top executives
- Work closely with sales and functional teams across International as well as the corporate functions in California
- Maintain a confident, well informed point-of-view to challenge conventional or entrenched views
What You Bring To The Team
- Best-in-class Program Management skills and experience
- Great business acumen and exceptional strategic thinking skills
- Collaborative and open style which is pro-active and service oriented
- Strong analytical and critical thinker with the ability to solve complex problems
- Can-do attitude, ability to quickly get up to speed with complex new topic areas, and capable of driving insight to tangible action plans
- Problem solving mind set, eager to go the extra mile
- Over 10 years of experience, preferably in the high tech industry, of which 4+ years of experience in a top-tier consulting firm
- Ability to gain and maintain credibility with executives
- Strong and effective verbal and written skills
- Storage industry experience a plus
- International travel is required on a regular basis including travel to APAC and the US
- Degree in business, finance, economics, science, or engineering
- Certified Program Management credentials
- MBA required
Pure Creates Opportunities for Your Development and Career Growth
At Pure, we believe that each Puritan is a leader contributing to the success of our business, regardless of role. We offer an assortment of learning options available to all Puritans, including workshops on leadership, management, career development and more! We’re here to change the world and we hope you join us!
Pure offers a generous vacation policy, free lunches, meditation rooms, free yoga classes and employee resource groups to inspire all of our employees to maintain mind and body wellness. Through our Pure Good Foundation, we also offer numerous volunteer opportunities for employees to give back not only to the Bay Area, but across the globe.
Pure Is Committed to Equality
Pure is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other characteristic legally protected by the laws of the jurisdiction in which you are being considered for hire. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.