Our ambitious goal of helping innovators build a better world with data started in 2009. Today, we are one of the fastest growing enterprise companies in history, exceeding $1B in revenue at the end of 2017.
The world is experiencing a revolution driven by next-generation technology like AI, machine learning, virtual reality, quantum computing, and self-driving cars -- all of which require large amounts of data. Luckily for us, this means there’s more need for Pure’s technology than ever before - with solutions that deliver real-time, secure data to power mission-critical applications, DevOps, and modern analytics in multi-cloud environments. Our Satmetrix Net Promoter Score (NPS) score is in the top 1% of B2B companies worldwide, driven by our customer-first culture and unrelenting commitment to innovation.
We’re building a fast-growing company that employees, customers, partners, and investors love - and we’re looking for talented and passionate candidates to join us. For more information on Pure, check out the corporate fact sheet.
Global Support Team at Pure
Pure's Tech Support organization is lead by Colin Mead with upwards of 200 employees across 4 locations in California, Utah, Ireland and Asia. All of the support teams are continuing to grow overall; Utah is our largest 24/7 Support center with over 130 team members.
Tech Support is a key customer facing org that's recognized for providing excellent quality customer service. This team offers career advancement opportunities and they're a fun group who work hard to make Pure the best storage company!
What You Will Be Doing
Pure Storage has Support centers in Mountain View, CA, Lehi, UT, Dublin, Ireland & Singapore, Asia. We are looking for a Designated Support Engineer (DSE) to join our 24x7 Support team. Our culture focuses on 5 key values – Persistence, Creativity, Teamwork, Ownership, and Customer First. You will work on problems of diverse scope where analysis will include hardware, software, and environmental factors within our Flash Blade product. As Support Engineers, you utilize your deep technical expertise to tackle technical problems. Successful Support Engineers will be able to build strong networks across different departments in the company.
- Proactively seek to understand customer expectations.
- Provide a personalized support experience with every customer interaction.
- Resolve, and provide guidance for support cases based on severity.
- Own and track customer issues using our ticket tracking system.
- Own all customer facing communications, ensuring the message is concise and professional.
- Involve the DSE team in technical challenges with customer support cases via escalation, and engineering tickets.
- Develops professional expertise, applies support troubleshooting procedures to resolve a variety of issues.
- Follow Special Handling Instructions specific to the customer needs.
- Develop an intimate understanding of the Pure product in the customer solution/environment.
- Manage multiple projects/support cases simultaneously.
- Champion customer issues internally, represent the company externally, and represent the DSE team in a customer facing role.
- Weekend, holiday, and on call duties as required, flexible hours to accommodate designated customer needs
What You Bring To The Team
- Minimum five years of experience in customer-facing, technical service work.
- Three or more years of experience in a Technical Support Environment
- Authority on multiple technologies.
- Proven ability to resolve customer problems, and issues utilizing appropriate internal and external resources.
- Proven technical troubleshooting skills in a complex multi-platform-system-vendor environment.
- Experience in supporting both hardware, and software products.
- Ability to triage issues, and raise them to appropriate engineering groups as necessary.
- Authoritative knowledge of technologies such as operating systems (Solaris, LINUX, Windows, VMware), LANs & WANs, and storage area networks.
- Knowledge, and ability to fix Networking, Replication, Performance and Space issues.
- Demonstration of domain expertise in one or more of the following: NFS, S3, SMB, LDAP, IPv6.
- Willing and able to work in an open office, team environment.
- Desire to take customer support to a new level, learn customer environments, and work closely with customers.
- Must be willing and able to work in an open office, team environment.
Pure creates opportunities for your development and career growth.
At Pure, we believe that each Puritan is a leader contributing to the success of our business, regardless of your role. We offer an assortment of learning options available to all Puritans, including workshops on leadership, management, and career development. And we support internal mobility that allows our employees to get exposure to different teams and projects across the company to learn and grow. We’re here to change the world and we hope you join us!
Our rewards philosophy is tailored to offer Puritans globally competitive compensation and benefits programs that enable innovation and growth. We offer a wide variety of benefits and perks including comprehensive medical insurance, meal service, opportunities to attend events, join sports leagues, employee assistance programs, work-life services, travel assistance, and employee resource groups – all of which are thoughtfully designed to maintain mind and body wellness. Through our Pure Good Foundation, we also offer numerous volunteer opportunities for employees to give back across the globe.
Pure is Committed to Equality
Pure is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other characteristic legally protected by the laws of the jurisdiction in which you are being considered for hire. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at TA-Ops@purestorage.com.