Pure Storage was founded with the ambitious goal of revolutionizing the datacenter infrastructure industry. Today we are building the data platform for the cloud era and we’ve accomplished the first step towards that goal by bringing to market the simplest and most reliable all-flash storage array in history. The full potential impact of our line of "Smart Storage" products is only beginning to be felt as customers discover the benefits and exciting applications that can be built on top of a Pure system.
For five straight years, Gartner has named Pure a leader in the Magic Quadrant for Solid-State Arrays. According to IDC, Pure has become a Top 10 data storage vendors faster than any other company in history. We continue to take market share, while achieving record-setting customer satisfaction scores for the enterprise technology industry. For more information, check out our corporate fact sheet here.
What You Will Be Doing:
We are looking for an ex-strategy consultant (or investment banker) to join our Go to Market Strategy and Operations (GTMSO) group to build out the GTM Strategic Planning team. The overall GTMSO group is responsible for planning, executing, adjusting and operationalizing GTM initiatives that enable history defying scale and growth. The group works closely with all parts of GTM organization (sales, marketing, partner etc) to coordinate and execute these initiatives. The group also works closely with Pure’s executive leadership to execute company level cross functional initiatives.
This is a challenging and influential role that requires a strategic mindset focused on achieving “big picture” results. The successful candidate will have a proven track record of planning and leading GTM transformations. This position will be highly visible and involving cross-functional collaboration with leaders of sales, marketing, partner, finance, operations and business units. This is a critical leadership role within Pure as we drive our company towards our goal of becoming a $5B company.
- Lead GTM strategic planning efforts across the company
- Provide thought leadership, business analysis and real-time execution on critical GTM initiatives
- Provide industry analysis, executive decision support and corporate scenario planning for Pure.
- Develop, drive, and articulate various strategies based on competitive analysis, modeling, market trends and industry knowledge
- Drive alignment across different geographical theaters, market segments and product portfolio to achieve Pure’s growth plans
- Support and evaluate high-impact strategic projects
- Help assess new corporate opportunities and strategic threats
What you Bring to the Team:
- Intellectual curiosity, personal humility combined with a strong will to drive change
- Ability to see big picture without underestimating execution challenges
- Ability to balance the important and the urgent
- Excellent interpersonal, relationship building and communication skills
- C-suite relationship engagement and management
- Extensive and progressive experience leading GTM Transformation and/or top-tier Strategy Consulting
- Creative with strong problem-solving skills and the ability to succeed in a fast-paced environment
- Bachelors degree required, MBA strongly preferred
No Storage? No Problem.
We look for talent and culture first, specific technologies second, so once you decide Pure is the right place for you, we will match you with the right project to start with. Plus, we like people to have the ability to do different things and be constantly learning, so we encourage our engineers to move around to different teams and projects across the company.
Pure Creates Opportunities for Individual Development and Career Growth
We offer a six-month leadership development program for current employees looking to advance within the company, as well as sales and technical training programs for interns and recent graduates. We also host monthly workshops and panels that focus on a variety of topics ranging from honing the skills needed for career advancement to learning how to choose a mentor.
Pure offers a generous vacation policy, free lunches, meditation rooms, free yoga classes and employee resource groups, such as Pure Equality and Pure Vets, to encourage all of our employees to maintain mind and body wellness. We offer numerous volunteer opportunities for employees to give back not only to the Bay Area, but across the globe.