Pure Storage was founded with the ambitious goal of revolutionizing the computing infrastructure industry. Today we are building the data platform for the cloud era and we’ve accomplished the first step towards that goal by bringing to market the simplest and most reliable all-flash storage array in history. The full potential impact of our line of "Smart Storage" products is only beginning to be felt as customers discover the benefits and exciting applications that can be built on top of a Pure system.
For three straight years, Gartner has named Pure a leader in the Magic Quadrant for Solid-State Arrays. According to IDC, Pure has become a Top 10 data storage vendors faster than any other company in history. We continue to take market share, while achieving record-setting customer satisfaction scores for the enterprise technology industry. For more information, check out our corporate fact sheet here.
Topping the Bay Area’s Best Places to Work lists for 5 years running, we’ve built a team that has rich and diverse set of experiences and backgrounds. Puritans have a passion for innovation, creativity, customer success, transparency, teamwork and fun. We’re looking for talented people to join us on the journey.
Puritans come from various backgrounds and we thrive off of challenging the norm. This cross pollination of backgrounds led to numerous ground breaking ideas and has helped us build one of the most reliable and easy to use storage systems in the industry. We aim to hire the best and brightest people, who excel in a cutting edge, fast paced, collective and open environment. We are seeking enthusiastic individuals to solve real world problems while having fun along the way.
What You Will Be Doing
Pure Storage is seeking a full-time Hardware Engineer working as part of our Hardware Development Team. In this position, you'll be working cross-functionally with Engineering, JDM Partners, Operations and Support & Escalation Teams. You'll be responsible for the design, validation, qualification and failure analysis of Pure’s storage subsystem.
- Implement, and develop HW design and qualification projects
- Participation in all phases of the product development cycle including design, documentation, eDVT, FA, and support for custom HW designs
- Define, implement and automate HW validation and qualification tests
- Writing: Functional Specifications (HW/System level), test plans and test reports
- Perform schematic capture of designs
- Understanding of signal integrity (Create routing rules, run analysis of layouts)
- Experience with HW design tools (i.e. Schematic capture tools, Allegro, Signal integrity tools (HyperLynx, etc))
- Proficiency in debugging hardware systems
- Understanding of x86 architecture (Storage, Compute, I/O)
- Experience with High Speed Oscilloscopes and bus analyzers (get trace capture and perform analysis)
- Analysis and review of device and system-level power, PWM selection (design), cooling, and electrical (SI) functionality
- Improve design and qualification processes to enhance efficiency, consistency, and product robustness
- Setting up and running stress tests including; PTU, Mprime, Iometer, LinPack, etc.
- Qualification of CPU subsystems including DDR memory, LOM devices, all peripherals
- Work cross-functionally with engineering, operations, Mfg. Test, and support to deliver high quality products to our customers
- Perform failure and root cause analysis activities in support of system hardening efforts and customer escalations
- Working closely with other team members and providing support on cross functional projects as needed
- Help contribute to creating a culture of quality by design
Qualifications for this role are:
- A degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering, with either:
- Masters with 3+ years of professional work experience.
- Bachelors with 5+ years of professional work experience
- Experience working at enterprise hardware companies preferred (Storage, Server, Networking)
- Knowledge of hardware design, x86 architectures, and interfaces.
- Ability to understand x86 hardware at the electrical, SI, protocol and functional levels
- Ability to understand and analyze complex systems, involving compute, storage and I/O
- Experience implementing and automating HW qualification processes
- Experience with scripting languages (i.e. Python, BASH, EXPECT, etc) and test development
- Work with diagnostics engineers by providing direction and reviewing test plans to ensure proper coverage
- Highly self-motivated with the ability to work autonomously in a fast-paced, technical development environment
- High level of teamwork and collaboration skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
No Storage? No Problem.
We look for talent and culture first, specific technologies second, so once you decide Pure is the right place for you, we will match you with the right project to start with. Plus, we like people to have the ability to do different things and be constantly learning, so we encourage our engineers to move around to different teams and project across the company.
Pure creates opportunities for individual development and career growth.
We offer a six-month leadership development program for current employees looking to advance within the company, as well as sales and technical training programs for interns and recent graduates. We also host monthly workshops and panels that focus on a variety of topics ranging from honing the skills needed for career advancement to learning how to choose a mentor.
Pure offers an unlimited vacation policy, free lunches, meditation rooms, free yoga classes and employee resource groups, such as Pure Equality and Pure Vets, to encourage all of our employees to maintain mind and body wellness. We offer numerous volunteer opportunities for employees to give back not only to the Bay Area, but across the globe.