Our ambitious goal of helping innovators build a better world with data started in 2009. Today, we are one of the fastest growing enterprise companies in history, exceeding $1B in revenue at the end of 2017.
The world is experiencing a technological revolution driven by AI, machine learning, virtual reality, quantum computing and self-driving cars -- all of which require large amounts of data and put Pure’s technology literally in the driver’s seat. Our solutions deliver real-time, secure data to power critical production, DevOps, and modern analytics in multi-cloud environments.
What You Will Be Doing
As a Technical Design Architect (Data Migrations) (TDA-DM), you will utilize your strong technical competencies in the field of enterprise storage and data migrations, to provide the highest level of implementation capability and technical consultation to both customers and Pure sales teams to support sales goals. You will work on cross-functional teams including Sales, Product Marketing, Business Development Managers, Services and Engineering to scope and help sell Professional Services solutions for homogeneous and heterogeneous solutions to customers/partners. You will become intimately acquainted with the customer's/partner’s business requirements, technical needs, systems, environment and service history, enabling you to present targeted solutions to our customer base. You will build file and object migration solutions for our customers and will be expected to be a member of the hands-on team delivering these services across the globe. The role covers pre-sales and delivery functions, and you will be comfortable with performing either role as demand dictates.
You will possess a thorough understanding of IT architecture, designing solutions, networking and implementation of these solutions and must have significant experience across different replication technologies, clustering, cloud and data migration solutions. You will also be experienced in delivering large scale and complex projects utilizing all the mentioned offerings and will also be skilled in scripting to leverage automation of these processes where appropriate. Most importantly, you will working Engineering and vendors to define, develop, and deliver migration services that meets Pure Storage's standards and our customer needs.
TDAs work with customers, sales teams, engineering and Pure partners to:
- To understand prospect’s technical needs related to a specific market or specific product (i.e. file solutions, clustering, replication best practice, disaster recovery, business contingency).
- In a post-sales consultative role to support the implementation of the professional services solution that was scoped and subsequently sold.
- To provide technical consultation/education to the sales teams and keep them apprised on new data migrations solutions.
- Participate in customer evaluations and proof of concepts on Pure systems.
- Advise and consult on engineering developments and strategies for data migrations.
- Plan, conduct and direct projects to support sales efforts and address future customer needs.
- Evaluate partner proposals for migration services to ensure they deliver quality and value for money to Pure.
- Deliver file and object migration solutions to our customers, either as a sole resource or member of a team.
- Develop scripts for both integration of Pure Storage into a customer’s operational environment and the automation of data migrations.
What You Bring To The Team
- Expertise with Data Center Migrations/Consolidations/Toolsets for file and object, such as rsync, xcp, emcopy, isi_vol_copy, rclone, Datadobi, StorageX, Komprise,.etc
- Extensive experience with NFS, SMB
- Experience with moving data from/to HDS, EMC, NetApp, 3Par and/or other competitive storage arrays
- Proven experience of scripting languages such as Perl, Shell, Powershell, Visual Basic, Python.
- Data center networking concepts and high-level designs
- Knowledge of Local Area Networking, Ethernet, TCP/IP and general networking
- Preparation and delivery of technical and architecture solutions
- Contribute significant portions for data migration solutions to RFPs, RFQs and RFIs
- Multi-vendor server and storage platforms and performance tuning experience.
- Broad operating systems understanding: Windows, AIX, Linux,
- UNIX OS and UNIX distributed network environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, any additional languages are a definite benefit
- Easy ability to explain technical concepts to non-technical people
- Ability to identify and resolve unique problems and navigate between details and strategic solutions
- 8 to 10 years of experience preferred..
Will also look for Qualified candidates that have
- Experience with Amazon S3 and/or on-prem object store
- Strong aptitude for learning new technologies and understanding how to utilize them in a customer facing environment.
- Ability to follow standard engineering principles and practices.
- Creative approach to problem solving.
- 25% Travel to the prospective customer's domestic sites and other global sites as necessary.
Pure creates opportunities for individual development and career growth.
We offer a six-month leadership development program for current employees looking to advance within the company, as well as sales and technical training programs for interns and recent graduates. We also host monthly workshops and panels that focus on a variety of topics ranging from honing the skills needed for career advancement to learning how to choose a mentor.
Pure offers an unlimited vacation policy, free lunches, meditation rooms, free yoga classes and employee resource groups, such as Pure Equality and Pure Vets, to encourage all of our employees to maintain mind and body wellness. We offer numerous volunteer opportunities for employees to give back not only to the Bay Area but across the globe.
Pure is Committed to Equality
Pure is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other characteristic legally protected by the laws of the jurisdiction in which you are being considered for hire. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.