Our ambitious goal of helping innovators build a better world with data started in 2009. Today, we are one of the fastest growing enterprise companies in history, exceeding $1B in revenue at the end of 2017.
The world is experiencing a revolution driven by next-generation technology like AI, machine learning, virtual reality, quantum computing, and self-driving cars -- all of which require large amounts of data. Luckily for us, this means there’s more need for Pure’s technology than ever before - with solutions that deliver real-time, secure data to power mission-critical applications, DevOps, and modern analytics in multi-cloud environments. Our Satmetrix Net Promoter Score (NPS) score is in the top 1% of B2B companies worldwide, driven by our customer-first culture and unrelenting commitment to innovation.
We’re building a fast-growing company that employees, customers, partners, and investors love - and we’re looking for talented and passionate candidates to join us. For more information on Pure, check out the corporate fact sheet.
The Director of Demand Gen is responsible for delivering strategic global marketing programs that drive demand for the company’s products and solutions, grow sales pipeline, accelerate the sales cycle and amplifies brand and demand messages. They will lead the Demand Center team and work closely with global and theater marketing leadership and the local sales leadership in the development of impactful marketing programs that generate new leads, and moves existing pipeline with efficiency and effectiveness.
The successful candidate will have managed a Demand Center-like organizational unit at enterprise-scale, and has a proven track record of developing and executing impactful B2B marketing programs including excellent digital marketing, ISO programs and lead management, telemarketing and other core marketing services like email and nurture.
What you will be doing
- Create and continuously develop the Demand Center organization, evolving services provided to match business needs and industry changes.
- Responsible for developing and managing execution of Demand Center roadmap and plan in alignment to the company goals. Roadmap should include innovative methods, tools, approaches to scale demand services programs including telemarketing.
- Liaise with marketing leadership, theater program teams, Data Science, Marketing Operations and Integrated Marketing to scope demand program requirements (e.g. origination, nurturing), budget, resource needs and delivery timeframes based on data.
- Closely align and work with local and global marketing leadership team
- Provide intelligence and guidance to the theaters with regards to optimal marketing mix execution to generate new leads and move existing pipeline, based upon data science.
- Drive creation of reporting and analytics insight into top level marketing dashboards across key performance indicators mapped to the awareness and demand funnel.
- Optimize and standardize demand creation approaches across the organization
- Create a model to track program success and drive continuous improvement
- Partner with Web and events teams as the organization to align all demand-related functions
- Drive continuous performance improvement through the identification, documentation and implementation of demand creation best practices
- Partner with Marketing Operations to oversee the management and performance of Pure’s marketing automation platform (MAP), existing sales processes and the organization's sales force automation (SFA) platform.
- Work with other marketing teams to extend the reach of marketing automation impact (e.g. pipeline acceleration, lead nurturing, customer retention)
- Lead team to Implement best practices in database management to increase data integrity and market reach across geographies; support marketing database strategy and data requests (e.g. segmentation, list pulls)
- Oversee Marketing Services team that will be delivering highly repeatable automated, demand-related tasks used by all geographies (e.g. email, nurture, telemarketing, data analysis)
- 10-15 years developing and executing strategic B2B demand gen programs in a B2B, SaaS or Enterprise environment
- Five or more years within regional/field marketing
- Three to five years of hands-on experience working with demand generation tools, including marketing automation and lead scoring software, telemarketing and demand ops.
- Exceptional proven collaboration and good relationships with Sales organizations
- Digital/social media savvy and traditional brand know-how
- Has worked with/implemented a b-to-b organization's demand waterfall reporting model (e.g. lead scoring, service-level agreements, lead sourced/influenced ratios)
- Previous project management at either a marketing agency or within an internal shared service function
- Budget allocation principles experience
- Management of communications to multiple complex stakeholder groups at a local, regional, national and international scale
- Has previously selected/overseen creative and demand creation agencies
- Experience and appreciation of local marketing nuances in the approach to different markets
- Testing and optimization experience
- Knowledge of and experience using SiriusDecisions best practices
Professional Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree required
- Master's degree/MBA preferred
- Excellent knowledge of the software and enterprise industry
- Strong ability to build up cross-functional relationships and virtual teams
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- Account-based marketing skills
- Background in Global Campaign strategy and program execution.
- Excellent programmatic marketing knowledge (eg, multi-stage, multi-touch campaign blueprinting and execution) and digital marketing knowledge (SEA, SEO, Email marketing, Web UX, Affiliate marketing, retargeting)
- A strong conceptual mind
- Analytical, data-minded and measurement focused , while also holding an eye for craftsmanship
- Very good understanding of marketing insights derived from attribution models, customer database mining, and other sources of customer insight
- Exceptional written and communication skills.
No Storage? No Problem.
We look for talent and culture first, specific technologies second, so once you decide Pure is the right place for you, we will match you with the right project to start with. Plus, we like people to have the ability to do different things and be constantly learning, so we encourage our engineers to move around to different teams and project across the company.
Pure creates opportunities for individual development and career growth.
We offer a six-month leadership development program for current employees looking to advance within the company, as well as sales and technical training programs for interns and recent graduates. We also host monthly workshops and panels that focus on a variety of topics ranging from honing the skills needed for career advancement to learning how to choose a mentor.
Pure offers an unlimited vacation policy, free lunches, meditation rooms, free yoga classes and employee resource groups, such as Pure Equality and Pure Vets, to encourage all of our employees to maintain mind and body wellness. We offer numerous volunteer opportunities for employees to give back not only to the Bay Area, but across the globe.
Job ID: #LI-CB1