Our ambitious goal of helping innovators build a better world with data started in 2009. In just a few short years, by the end of 2017, we had exceeded $1B in revenue. We have become recognized as one of the fastest growing enterprise companies in history! As we continue to take market share, we are proud of our record-setting achievements along the way. For 5 straight years, Gartner has named Pure a leader in the Magic Quadrant for Solid-State Arrays. Our customer-first culture and unrelenting commitment to innovation has earned us a Satmetrix Net Promoter Score in the top 1% of B2B companies worldwide and has created a thriving company that employees, customers, partners, and investors love.
The world is experiencing a revolution driven by next-generation technology like AI, machine learning, virtual reality, quantum computing, and self-driving cars -- all of which require large amounts of data. Luckily for us, this means there’s more need for Pure’s technology than ever before - with solutions that deliver real-time, secure data to power mission-critical applications, DevOps, and modern analytics in multi-cloud environments. For more information on our business, check out the corporate fact sheet here.
Pure Storage is looking for a Channel Sales Manager to develop and manage the Reseller and Distributor relationships in the Public Sector space.
The Channel Sales Manager (CSM) is responsible for the recruitment, development, and management of the business relationships with Reseller and Distributor partners for Public Sector. The successful CSM will work in tandem with Regional Sales Directors, District Managers, and Account Executives to successfully develop and service all partners and prospects within their respective geography/territory. They will also collaborate with the Channel and Field Marketing team on programs and events designed to promote Pure’s product and drive revenue to Pure through partners.
- Manage a team of Channel Account Managers
- Create Strategies and lead team efforts to maximize sell-through of Pure products within Channel
- Manage and be the main point of contact for existing partners
- Aggressively drive partner to maximize sales and total partnership potential through sales best practices, training and support
- Manage sales orders and provide status to partner and/or manager
- Continually learning about new products and improving selling skills
- Communicate masterfully with partners on new product offering
- Work with marketing to drive programs and events to extend the relationships to new prospects
- Keep abreast of competition, competitive issues and products
- Attend and participate in sales meetings, product seminars, and trade shows
- Conduct contract negotiations & define and execute partner sales plans
What You Bring To The Team
- 5+ years of sales management experience, preferably directly managing a team of channel account managers
- Demonstrated experience developing Reseller and Distributor Channels in the Public Sector/SLED space
- BA/BA degree in business, marketing or software engineering
- Ability to assess, plan, and actively manage a territory to achieve maximum revenue and efficiency
- Excellent time management and communication skills
- A desire to drive change and evangelize new technologies
- Passion for post-sales customer success
- Knowledge of the storage industry specifically: Fibre Channel, NFS, and Enterprise Storage architectures
- Competitive attitude and strong work ethic with the ability to enthusiastically represent the company
Pure Creates Opportunities for Your Development and Career Growth
At Pure, we believe that each Puritan is a leader contributing to the success of our business, regardless of role. We offer an assortment of learning options available to all Puritans, including workshops on leadership, management, career development and more! We’re here to change the world and we hope you join us!
Pure offers excellent benefits including generous vacation policy, free lunches, meditation rooms, free yoga classes and employee resource groups, such as Pure Equality and Pure Vets, to encourage all of our employees to maintain mind and body wellness. We offer numerous volunteer opportunities for employees to give back not only to the Bay Area, but across the globe.