Our ambitious goal of helping innovators build a better world with data started in 2009. Today, we are one of the fastest growing enterprise companies in history, surpassing $1B in revenue at the end of 2017.
The world is experiencing a technological revolution driven by AI, machine learning, virtual reality, quantum computing and self-driving cars -- all of which require large amounts of data and put Pure’s technology literally in the driver’s seat. Our solutions deliver real-time, secure data to power mission-critical production, DevOps, and modern analytics in multi-cloud environments. With a Satmetrix NPS score in the top 1% of B2B companies worldwide, our customer-first culture and commitment to innovation create a thriving company that employees, customers, partners, and investors love. For more information on our business, check out the corporate fact sheet here.
Channel Team at Pure
Puritans come from various backgrounds and we thrive off challenging the norm. This cross-pollination of backgrounds led to numerous groundbreaking ideas and has helped us build one of the most reliable and easy to use storage systems in the industry. We strive to hire the best and brightest people, who excel in a cutting edge, fast-paced, collaborative and transparent environment. We are seeking enthusiastic individuals to solve real-world problems while having fun along the way.
The Pure Storage Channel Enablement Director position is a highly critical and senior role in shaping Pure’s Partner/Channel growth & expansion. The role is a Member of the Regional Leadership team and responsible for representing Pure Storage to our most important and strategic portion of our business. In this, you will be leading and enable our Partners & Channels with our market and industry leadership, culture, //FlashArray and FlashBlade products and solutions through interaction with the Pure Sales Team. Partner Principals, Executives, Sales, Systems Engineering, and Regional / National Pure Channel Management.
This strategic leadership role will drive Pure’s Channel to a successful self-sufficient autonomous state through enablement, knowledge, and collaboration. Additionally, you will be accountable for gathering the partner’s input and technical requirements for new features, needs, and knowledge; In concert to this autonomy driven model, you will act as the SE of record to the Partners, hand-holding partners in accounts and opportunities managed solely by them through the entire sales cycle. Additionally, this role will assist and support our ISO (inside sales) team with its need to drive leads and opportunities to the regional/local partners.
As an extended member of the Channels and Sales team, the Channel Enablement Director will align with the Pure Storage Regional Sales/SE teams and Channel Account Managers (CAMs) to ensure Regional (cross district) alignment to partner strategy, determine needs, create and drive programs while updating and delivering the partner sales/technical enablement strategy.
Ultimately this role is responsible for the Channel enablement and sales success across multi-districts within a Region (defined as a large group of districts and territories).
What You Will Be Doing.
- Regular interaction with partner principals, executives, and sales and sales management at existing and prospective value-added and direct market re-sellers.
- Conduct regular sales training presentations with partner technical and sales teams to ensure understanding and articulation of Pure’s Value Proposition and Industry Leadership.
- Assist with driving pipeline, sales qualification, and closing of business through the ISO and Channel.
- Define and deploy business plans to deepen our traction with existing channel partners, reviewing and re-assessing quarterly.
- Develop and execute a regional strategy for recruiting new channel partners as needed to support growth.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of Pure’s competitive positioning in the marketplace.
- Oversee relationship building activities and account mapping activities between Pure’s Sales organization and partners in the Central region.
- Be the Channel trusted advisor to our regional partner/channel estate and regional teams as an extension of the Systems Engineering team. Coaching and teaching how to Sell and Compete.
- Driving channel autonomy & independence through Pure Storage partner enablement programs with the regional sales teams.
- Identify, refine and research technical requirements of each sales opportunity by working closely with Pure Sales Teams, Partners & Customers in the design and implementation
- Participate in the creation of channel sales strategy and tactics and takes ownership of technical responsibilities within customer accounts with an emphasis on the channel partner(s) in the region.
- Mentor and assist partners/customers with evaluations and benchmarks, system configurations, and system installations.
- Demonstrate technical leadership and subject matter expertise on storage products, distributed storage architectures, file systems, applications, solutions and competitive storage offerings in the DAS, NAS and SAN product spaces. Be a Pure Storage technical expert and in areas of Storage, Artificial Intelligence, Big Data, SDN, SaaS solutions, Networking, Dev-ops, Machine Learning, Competition, and Channels Business Dynamics.
- Demonstrate industry and market prowess, thought and practice-leadership as a senior member of our SE team.
- Build meaningful relationships with key partners and Pure Storage Sales Teams within their resident geography and assigned partner base.
- Focus on enablement & relationship building throughout our Channel and Partner Eco-system including focus partners & new recruits.
- Management and creation of technical enablement plan for channel partners; Work Closely with the Partner Program to determine needed toolsets to drive partner enablement and autonomy; Owns, monitors, reports on and drives technical enablement activities for assigned partner base.
- Work closely with Engineering and Product Management in helping to define product requirements and usability from the Channel POV.
- Mentor in-geo Pure Storage SEs on how to manage and deliver partner enablement plan for their partner base leveraging the Pure Partner Ambassador Program; Provide on the job training for partner SE’s by allowing partner SE’s to shadow presentations and evaluation installations.
- Coordinate partner training activities with a wide range of Pure Storage field & corporate resources.
- Provide ad-hoc support for evaluations and post sales issues with partner engineers, and quickly transition them to appropriate pure storage internal resources.
- Present at channel driven marketing activities.
- Collaborates with Pure Channel SEs, CTMs and in-geo SEs & CAMs, PureIQ trainers.
What You Bring To The Team
- Strong cross-functional leadership and excellent communications skills to drive consensus across groups both internally and within the Channel/Partner organizations.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and can clearly and effectively articulate Pures value and technical leadership.
- Ability to work in a fast-moving environment, to prioritize effectively to think big picture, and to use good judgment in resolving difficult issues.
- Thorough understanding of the architecture, design, and implementations of multi-tiered client/server computing solutions.
- Preparation and delivery of technical product and architecture presentations.
- Contribute significant portions and/or lead responses to RFPs, RFQs, and RFIs.
- Superior knowledge of current and emerging storage architectures (FC, iSCSI, NAS, OSD, SAN).
- Familiarity with modern web architecture a plus (LAMP stack, scale-out vs scale-up architectures, NoSQL alternatives).
- Familiarity with Artificial intelligence, ML, Big Data, IOT and the associated applications/architectures.
- VMWARE, WINDOWS, LINUX, UNIX OS, NFS, SMB file systems, and UNIX distributed network environments.
- Installation/configuration of distributed computing, multiprocessing, virtual memory subsystem, storage subsystems architecture, shared memory architectures, cache architectures, windowing systems. (Plus)
- Knowledge of Hypervisor Technologies (VMWare, Citrix, MSoft), Local Area Networking, Ethernet, TCP/IP and general networking.
- Channel Account Management experience with a proven track record of success
- Existing relationships with key partners in the Central region.
- Possess high EiQ and dealing with people in the multi-culture environment.
- Passion, Commitment, and drive for success working in a Motivated Team environment.
- 5-10 years minimum experience supporting the Sales / Channels of enterprise storage, networking or systems solutions to a combination of large enterprise accounts.
- BS in CS, EE or other technical degree and/or equivalent experience.
- Must be willing and able to work in an open office, team environment.