Our ambitious goal of helping innovators build a better world with data started in 2009. Today, we are one of the fastest growing enterprise companies in history, surpassing $1B in revenue at the end of 2017.
The world is experiencing a technological revolution driven by AI, machine learning, virtual reality, quantum computing and self-driving cars -- all of which require large amounts of data and put Pure’s technology literally in the driver’s seat. Our solutions deliver real-time, secure data to power mission-critical production, DevOps, and modern analytics in multi-cloud environments. With a Satmetrix NPS score in the top 1% of B2B companies worldwide, our customer-first culture and commitment to innovation create a thriving company that employees, customers, partners, and investors love. For more information on our business, check out the corporate fact sheet here.
Pure Storage is looking for an Operations Project Leader to join our PMO team. We are looking
for someone who is passionate about leading cross-functional teams in a high-stakes
environment, who can provide leadership through creating clarity, generating energy and
delivering results to the Organization. If you’re a strong leader who is self-starting, a great
problem-solver, and motivated, you could be perfect fit!
Responsibilities and Deliverables
• Manage project schedules, status reporting, governance & program intake
• Support roadmaps & project initiatives, define templates to capture business value and
• Identify and manage risks associated with meeting technical and operational targets.
• Leverage experience and skills to solve problems.
• Fill Gaps and achieve objectives through a cross functional team.
• Effective communication and escalation of risks and dependencies
• Execute project management responsibilities such as, leading weekly meetings, tracking risks
and mitigation plans, working with project charter, project planning/budget.
• Be comfortable interacting with senior management.
• Highlighting risks and providing recommendations to support product level decisions
• Identify project/program bottlenecks and actively communicate and monitor resolutions.
• Must understand Product Life Cycle management principles and apply entry/exit criteria at
each phase gate during NPI
• Track program key performance indicators (KPI) analyzing results and ensuring KPIs are met.
• Provide project leadership, anticipate bottlenecks, and mitigate project risks; drive post-
mortems and project root cause analysis efforts to ensure continuous improvement
Who You Are & What Makes You Qualified
• 4+ years of Project Management experience
• Knowledge of project management tools and packages – Smartsheet preferred
• Deep understanding of project management processes and governance (Six Sigma,
Waterfall, Agile knowledge or PMP certification a plus)
• Strong analytic, planning, and organizational skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to work cross-functionally and across geographies
• Attention to detail – ability to work with a large number of trackers, update templates and
ability to consolidate and simplify to drive clarity
• Tableau experience a plus
Desired skills and characteristics:
• Self Starter – A pro-active orientation and the ability to operate independently to achieve
• Success/Achievement Orientation – Ability to thrive in the face of adversity, drive to
overcome all obstacles to reach goals
• Leveraging Relationships – Orientation to leverage all relationships (internally and externally)
to maximize personal and PURE successes
• Problem Solving – Ability to understand a situation and to identify the best route to satisfy all
concerned parties and enhance PURE’s brand
No Storage? No Problem.
We look for talent and culture first, specific technologies second, so once you decide Pure is the right place for you, we will match you with the right project to start with. Plus, we like people to have the ability to do different things and be constantly learning, so we encourage our engineers to move around to different teams and project across the company.
Pure creates opportunities for your development and career growth.
At Pure, we believe that each Puritan is a leader contributing to the success of our business, regardless of role. We offer an assortment of learning options available to all Puritans, including workshops on leadership, management, career development and more! We’re here to change the world and we hope you join us!
Pure offers an unlimited vacation policy, free lunches, meditation rooms, free yoga classes and employee resource groups to encourage all of our employees to maintain mind and body wellness. Through our Pure Good Foundation, we also offer numerous volunteer opportunities for employees to give back not only to the Bay Area, but across the globe.
Pure is Committed to Equality
Pure is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other characteristic legally protected by the laws of the jurisdiction in which you are being considered for hire. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.