BE PART OF BUILDING THE FUTURE.
Since our founding in 2009, Pure Storage has empowered innovators to build a better world with data. In less than eight years, Pure reached $1B in sales, faster than nearly every enterprise company in history, and our incredible growth continues to outpace the competition.
Our mission? Deliver a simple, evergreen data platform that enables everyone to turn data into intelligence and advantage. The secret sauce? More than 3,000 team members (and growing!) around the world who join forces to invent the next big thing. And then the next one.
The world is experiencing a revolution driven by next-generation technology like AI, machine learning, virtual reality, quantum computing, and self-driving cars—all of which require unprecedented amounts of data. This sets the stage for Pure’s technology to grow exponentially in the coming years.
We’ve only scratched the surface of our ambitions, and as we continue to gobble up market share, we’re blazing trails and setting records:
- For five straight years, Gartner has named Pure a leader in the Magic Quadrant for Solid-State Arrays.
- Our customer-first culture and unwavering commitment to innovation have earned us a Satmetrix Net Promoter Score in the top 1% of B2B companies globally.
- Pure puts a premium on the future, investing 26% of revenue into R&D.
If you, like us, say “bring it on” to exciting challenges that change the world, we have endless opportunities where you can make your mark.
SHOULD YOU ACCEPT THIS CHALLENGE...
The Pure Storage Global Systems Integrators Solutions Architect (GSI SA) is a senior level technical Solutions Architect who will work with Pure’s GSI clients. In turn, they will also work with the GSIs’ end clients in collaboration with Pure’s end user pre-sales and account teams. The GSI SA has a great grasp of IT industry trends, broad and deep IT industry experience and a high degree of business acumen.
You will be working in the forefront of Pure’s global sales capability. The GSI business is the growth area for Pure and the GSI SA is a key role in engaging clients in conversations about their technology needs to help them in their transformation to embrace Digital business.
Be responsible for defining the end to end solution including the industry and business approach, implementation methods, use of technology, business and IT processes and will influence the commercial and financial models. You will need to have a broad base of skills and experience and will need to work in small teams in an autonomous manner.
You would have have a proven pedigree of working on and leading large IT projects whether those are consulting, pre and post-sales transformational IT services or IT design and build projects in IT departments. This senior level resource will be comfortable quickly establishing themselves as a thought leader and trusted advisor with their client stakeholders.
The GSI SA must knowledgeable across industry, business, IT strategy and technology domains and be comfortable presenting to GSI account leaders, discussing process with business managers or working with developers on solution strategy, architecture and code and with storage admins designing operating models – from boardroom to hackathon to storage ops.
Critically they will be accustomed to creating a value proposition that is directly linked to a client’s business model and issues. The successful GSI SA will be expert in quickly learning new business models and drivers and will be able to articulate how Pure and the GSI can help them meet their goals. The GSI SA will keep up with the latest trends, be a disruptive thinker and have experience of driving cultural change in organisations.
The GSI SA is likely to come from technical background and have transitioned through an architecture role before growing their business and commercial skills. Understanding a client’s business fundamentals and industry drivers, then being able to build rapport with business leaders is key to ensuring that new disruptive approaches are taken up by the GSIs and their clients.
A GSI SA will be technical across a number of areas – importantly they must understand data and storage technology but also data science, modern IT architecture modelling, Agile application development and DevOps methods, CICD, automation principles, infrastructure operations, project management and IT security.
The GSI SA will have gravitas and authenticity. They will be expected to have first class interpersonal skills combined with a comfortable, open and compelling communication and presentation style. These skills, combined with proven domain knowledge, will create client confidence in the GSI SA and by extension Pure.
Diplomacy/Empathy or Emotional Quotient (EQ). The role of GSI SA requires a high degree of diplomacy and a strong EQ. It is imperative that we can look at our value propositions from the viewpoint of our customers, therefore empathy is critical. Being able to represent the needs of the client into Pure will also need a high degree of EQ.
A GSI SA must be able to apply their experience and confidence to take ownership of Pure’s solution and create structure when needed to deal with ambiguity or no existing Pure offering with which to fulfil the GSI’s or end client’s requirements. Together as a team, produce collateral for our clients in the form of presentations, short papers, demonstrations, proofs of concepts etc. These can be harvested back into Pure for reuse. They will also have the ability and will to design and build joint offerings with the GSI, combining Pure products and GSI area of expertise.
A believer in lifelong learning. Training will take up ~10% of their time. They will also attend industry conferences and disseminate the information that they have gathered to their peers and colleagues.
Primary Duties / Responsibilities
- First class influencing skills, able to quickly become a though leader and trusted advisor
- Understand commercial and disruptive technology trends in the client’s market and understand how these interact to constrain and inform a target solution.
- Understand customer business by actively researching their sector to determine business issues. Establish technical credibility with existing and prospective clients; providing the ability to cultivate relationships and envision creative sales and solution strategies that generate additional revenue.
- Understand what represents best of breed from a technology perspective in your customer’s vertical market. Understand who the leaders and disrupters are in their peer group and why.
- Outstanding communication including written, diagrammatic and oral and able to reduce complex ideas to simple terms and express these to both a non-technical and technical audience
- Understand what the proposed solution and change programme will deliver from a business and benefits perspective and to advise on areas where this is not congruent with the evolving solution.
- Responsible for helping guide the sales team to deliver the best technology in a dynamically-evolving hyper-competitive environment
- Become a trusted and collaborative conduit between sales, engineering, and product management
- Identifying key trends and mapping customer challenges/needs with Pure Storage’s technology strategy
- Inspire/Ignite excitement internally and externally around the company's long-term vision and ability to execute against the market trend while being the best choice for customers’ business.
- Help maintain the company technical culture in an effort to continue to retain and attract top technical talent
- Predict long-term competitive trends due to the constant shifts in the market
- Provide technical leadership and mentoring for the SE organization
- Engage in field marketing events
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO BRING TO THIS ROLE...
- Product experience across technology vendors
- Strong technical prowess, including good working knowledge of storage, compute, database, networking, virtualization and emerging technologies such as New Stack, AI/ML and/or Big Data Analytics where collaboration in the community and on social media is an advantage
- Ability to combine big-thinking strategic perspective with a detail-oriented approach to problem solving
- Entrepreneurial, ambitious approach coupled with a strong passion to make a difference
- Strong executive presence and ability to evangelize momentums with a wide range of dispositions
- Ability to work collaboratively across the broader Pure Storage organization
- Proficient in driving for results, with a sense of accountability and ability to change pace and focus in dynamically-evolving hyper-competitive environment
Requirements (Education, Certification, Training, and Experience)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent experience.
- 7+ years of experience in technical leadership expertise
- Understanding in flash memory technologies
- Strong innovative disposition
BE YOU—CORPORATE CLONES NEED NOT APPLY.
Pure is where you ask big questions, think differently, and make an impact. This is not just a job, but a place where you have a voice and can accelerate your career. We value unique thoughts and celebrate individuality, and with ample opportunity to learn, develop yourself, and expand into different roles, joining Pure is an investment in your career journey.
Through our Pure Equality program, which supports a flourishing field of employee resource groups, we nourish the personal and professional lives of our team members. And our Pure Good Foundation gives back to local and global communities through volunteering and grants.
And because we understand the value of bringing your full and best self to work, we offer a variety of perks to manage a healthy balance, including flexible time off, wellness resources, and company-sponsored team events.
PURE IS COMMITTED TO EQUALITY.
Pure is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other characteristic legally protected by the laws of the jurisdiction in which you are being considered for hire. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at TA-Ops@purestorage.com.