Who Are We
Pure Storage was founded with the ambitious goal of revolutionizing the computing infrastructure industry. Today we are building the data platform for the cloud era and we’ve accomplished the first step towards that goal by bringing to market the simplest and most reliable all-flash storage array in history. The full potential impact of our line of "Smart Storage" products is only beginning to be felt as customers discover the benefits and exciting applications that can be built on top of a Pure system.
For 4 straight years, Gartner has named Pure a leader in the Magic Quadrant for Solid-State Arrays. According to IDC, Pure has become a Top 10 data storage vendors faster than any other company in history. We continue to take market share, while achieving record-setting customer satisfaction scores for the enterprise technology industry. For more information, check out our corporate fact sheet here.
Topping the Bay Area’s Best Places to Work lists for 5 years running, we’ve built a team that has rich and diverse set of experiences and backgrounds. Puritans have a passion for innovation, creativity, customer success, transparency, teamwork and fun. We’re looking for talented people to join us on the journey.
Pure Legal is recognized by our industry peers as a center of excellence, winning the following awards and more yet to be announced:
- The Association of Corporate Counsel (ACC) Value Champions, 2018
- The Recorder Legal Departments of the Year 2017, Emerging Company Category: Awards for Patent Strategy and Data Security
- The Recorder Legal Departments of the Year 2016, Emerging Company Category: Awards for Patent Strategy and Litigation
What You Will Be Doing
- Provide proactive Legal support to a fast-growing team that is excited about the future of Pure and counting on you to be a partner and a true accelerator of the business. A track record of success managing multiple matters is important to your success in this role.
- Act as a valued business partner, providing contractual support for the go-to-market teams and other business groups, including Sales, Sales Operations, Customer Success (Professional Services) , product management, product marketing, and others to support various strategies.
- Draft, review and negotiate a variety of agreements for enterprise and commercial end users, global systems integrators, strategic alliances, and customer success / professional services for Pure’s hardware, software and subscription services.
- Help to define strategy and operations and go-to-market for new products and innovations, including cloud and hosted services.
Implement process-related improvements to optimize the way we provide legal services to all internal clients and drive cross-functional alignment.
- Assist in managing and coordinating the deal life cycle process, creating the necessary contract templates, playbooks, training and other process improvement tools to enable and empower the business teams.
- Provide proactive Legal services and rapid response to requests for legal service from internal clients. Identify appropriate ways to manage risk.
- Maintain the very high standards of responsiveness and solutions-orientation established by our team.
What You Bring To The Team
- J.D. degree and licensed/barred in good standing in at least one state. Registered-In-House-Counsel with the CA State Bar accepted.
- 5+ years, with law firm or in-house experience required.
- Experience negotiating complex strategic partner and enterprise end user agreements, professional services agreements required.
- Experience working with hardware, software and SaaS / cloud solutions required.
- Experience creating operational efficiencies for scaling business preferred.
- Have the ability to quickly establish trusted relationships with your internal clients.
- Must be able to work effectively and collaboratively with a growing legal team and cross-functionally with Puritans at all levels of our organization.
- Ability to listen thoughtfully, evaluate risk in light of business and practical considerations, and make clear recommendations.
- Have strong communication and interpersonal skills. Exhibit grace under pressure. Be comfortable operating in changing and challenging situations.
- Be an accelerator of the business by providing responsive, solutions-oriented Legal support!
- Don’t be afraid to think outside the box and come up with new ideas to build a better Pure. Be innovative and cutting edge. Just don’t be sharp around the edges.
- Be a good teammate. At Pure, we are a collection of folks who achieve extraordinary things by working together. We value each other’s opinions, we work collaboratively and we push for the right result for the company, our customers and our employees.
No Storage? No Problem.
Pure creates opportunities for individual development and career growth.
We look for talented individuals with outstanding legal and people skills, not storage related experience. We support the teams that design, build, ship, support and sell the best technology in our industry (as our customers confirm by rewarding us with industry leading net promoter scores!), and we need to match their expertise with the best legal support in the industry. So, if you feel you have what it takes to join the award winning BLTOTP (modestly, this stands for the Best Legal Team On The Planet), then what are you waiting for? Send us your resume and see if you are a fit for the role(s) we have open.
Pure offers a flexible vacation policy, free lunches, meditation rooms, free yoga classes and employee resource groups, such as Pure Equality and Pure Vets, to encourage all of our employees to maintain mind and body wellness. We offer numerous volunteer opportunities for employees to give back not only to the Bay Area, but across the globe.