Our ambitious goal of helping innovators build a better world with data started in 2009. Today, we are one of the fastest growing enterprise companies in history, exceeding $1B in revenue at the end of 2017.
The world is experiencing a technological revolution driven by AI, machine learning, virtual reality, quantum computing and self-driving cars -- all of which require large amounts of data and put Pure’s technology literally in the driver’s seat. Our solutions deliver real-time, secure data to power critical production, DevOps, and modern analytics in multi-cloud environments. With a Satmetrix NPS score in the top 1% of B2B companies worldwide, our customer-first culture and commitment to innovation build a fast-growing company that employees, customers, partners, and investors love. For more information on our business, check out the corporate fact sheet.
Pure GSI Solutions Architect
The Pure Storage Global Systems Integrators Solutions Architect (GSI SA) is a senior level technical Solutions Architect who will work with Pure’s GSI clients. In turn, they will also work with the GSIs’ end clients in collaboration with our end user pre-sales and account teams.
The GSI SA has a phenomenal grasp of IT industry trends, broad and deep IT industry experience and a high degree of business insight.
You will be working in the forefront of Pure’s global sales capability. The GSI business is the growth area for Pure and the GSI SA is a key role in engaging clients in conversations about their technology needs to help them in their transformation to embrace Digital business.
You will be responsible for defining the end to end solution including the industry and business approach, implementation methods, use of technology, business and IT processes and will influence the commercial and financial models.
You will need to have a broad base of skills and experience and will work in small teams in an autonomous manner.
You will have a confirmed pedigree of working on and leading large IT projects whether those are consulting, pre and post-sales transformational IT services or IT projects.
You will be knowledgeable across industry, business, IT strategy and technology domains and be comfortable presenting to GSI account leaders, discussing process with business managers or working with developers on solution strategy, architecture and code and with storage admins designing operating models – from boardroom to hackathon to storage ops.
Critically you will be accustomed to creating a value proposition that is directly linked to a client’s business model and issues. To be successful you will be experienced in quickly learning new business models and drivers and will be able to articulate how Pure and the GSI can help them meet their goals. You will keep up with the latest trends, be a disruptive thinker and have experience of driving cultural change in organizations.
This role is likely to come from technical background and have transitioned through an architecture role before growing their business and commercial skills. Understanding our client's business fundamentals and industry drivers, then being able to build rapport with business leaders is key to ensuring that new disruptive approaches are taken up by the GSIs and their clients.
Assume technical across a number of areas – importantly you understand data and storage technology but also data science, modern IT architecture modelling, Agile application development and DevOps methods, CICD, automation principles, infrastructure operations, project management and IT security.
We are seeking an applicant with gravitas and authenticity. They will be expected to have first class interpersonal skills combined with a comfortable, open and compelling communication and presentation style.
You can apply your experience and confidence to take ownership of Pure’s solution and create structure when needed to deal with ambiguity or no existing Pure offering with which to fulfil the GSI’s or end client’s requirements.
You will produce collateral for their clients in the form of presentations, short papers, demonstrations, proofs of concepts etc. These can be harvested back into Pure for reuse. They will also have the ability and will to design and build joint offerings with the GSI, combining Pure products and GSI area of expertise.
You are a believer in lifelong learning. Training will take up ~10% of their time. They will also attend industry conferences and disseminate the information that they have gathered to their peers and colleagues.
Primary Duties / Responsibilities
- First class influencing skills, able to quickly become a though leader and trusted advisor
- Understand commercial and disruptive technology trends in the client’s market and understand how these interact to constrain and inform a target solution.
- Understand customer business by actively researching their sector to resolve business issues. Establish technical credibility with existing and prospective clients; providing the ability to cultivate relationships and envision creative sales and solution strategies that generate additional revenue.
- Understand what represents best of breed from a technology perspective in your customer’s vertical market. Understand who the leaders and disrupters are in their peer group and why.
- Excellent communication including written, diagrammatic and oral and able to reduce complex ideas to simple terms and express these to both a non-technical and technical audience
- Understand what the proposed solution and change programme will deliver from a business and benefits perspective and to advise on areas where this is not congruent with the evolving solution.
- Responsible for helping guide the sales team to deliver the best technology in a dynamically-evolving hyper-competitive environment
- Become a trusted and collaborative conduit between sales, engineering, and product management
- Identifying key trends and mapping customer challenges/needs with Pure Storage’s technology strategy
- Inspire/Ignite excitement internally and externally around the company's long-term vision and ability to execute against the market trend while being the best choice for customers’ business.
- Help maintain the company technical culture in an effort to continue to retain and attract top technical talent
- Predict long-term bold trends due to the constant shifts in the market
- Provide technical leadership and mentoring for the SE organization
- Engage in field marketing events
Qualifications and Requirements
- Product experience across technology vendors
- Strong technical prowess, including good working knowledge of storage, compute, database, networking, virtualization and emerging technologies such as New Stack, AI/ML and/or Big Data Analytics where collaboration in the community and on social media is an advantage
- Ability to combine big-thinking strategic perspective with a detail-oriented approach to problem solving
- Entrepreneurial, ambitious approach coupled with a strong passion to make a difference
- Ability to work collaboratively across the broader Pure Storage organization
Requirements (Education, Certification, Training, and Experience)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent experience.
- 7+ years of experience in technical leadership expertise
- Understanding in flash memory technologies
- Strong innovative disposition
Pure creates opportunities for your development and career growth.
At Pure, we believe that each Puritan is a leader contributing to the success of our business, regardless of role. We offer an assortment of learning options available to all Puritans, including workshops on leadership, management, career development and more! We’re here to change the world and we hope you join us!
Our rewards philosophy is tailored to provide Puritans globally competitive compensation and benefit programs that enable innovation and growth. We offer a wide variety of benefits and perks including comprehensive medical insurance, meal service, opportunities to attend events, join sports leagues, employee assistance program, work-life services, travel assistance, and employee resource groups – all of which are thoughtfully designed to maintain mind and body wellness. Through our Pure Good Foundation, we also offer numerous volunteer opportunities for employees to give back across the globe.
Pure is Committed to Equality
Pure is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other characteristic legally protected by the laws of the jurisdiction in which you are being considered for hire. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.-