Our ambitious goal of helping innovators build a better world with data started in 2009. Today, we are one of the fastest growing enterprise companies in history, exceeding $1B in revenue at the end of 2017.
The world is experiencing a revolution driven by next-generation technology like AI, machine learning, virtual reality, quantum computing, and self-driving cars -- all of which require large amounts of data. Luckily for us, this means there’s more need for Pure’s technology than ever before - with solutions that deliver real-time, secure data to power mission-critical applications, DevOps, and modern analytics in multi-cloud environments. Our Satmetrix Net Promoter Score (NPS) score is in the top 1% of B2B companies worldwide, driven by our customer-first culture and unrelenting commitment to innovation.
We’re building a fast-growing company that employees, customers, partners, and investors love - and we’re looking for talented and passionate candidates to join us. For more information on Pure, check out the corporate fact sheet.
Puritans come from various backgrounds and we thrive off of challenging the norm. This cross pollination of backgrounds led to numerous ground breaking ideas and has helped us build one of the most reliable and easy to use storage systems in the industry. We strive to hire the best and brightest people, who excel in a cutting edge, fast paced, collaborative and transparent environment. We are seeking enthusiastic individuals to solve real world problems while having fun along the way.
This is a large, fast paced org that is constantly expanding parallel with Pure's company-wide growth.
Pure Storage is looking for an operationally strong, mature and highly motivated District Manager who can build and lead a team of focused account executives. Responsibilities include recruiting direct (AE) and aligned (SE) reporting roles, accurate forecasting, AE development, territory planning, and extensive channel partner relationship development. The successful candidate will have the ability to establish strong business relationships at the executive level, supporting key sales presentations, and providing strategic direction to the sales team in coordinating multiple resources within an account and successfully closing business for Pure Storage.
What You Will Be Doing
- Lead and inspire a team of Commercial Account Executives, and ensure that the Pure Culture and Values are embedded into your team.
- Hire additional Account Executives as the business demands.
- Provide leadership to the extended Pure Storage team aligned to your district (SEs, Channel Managers, Inside Sales reps, etc.).
- Closely manage and enable the team’s performance related to KPIs including pipeline growth, partner team alignment, forecast accuracy, POC management. At all times maintain a 4X pipeline to goal.
- Recruit, develop and maintain strong relationships with channel partner principals, AEs and leadership teams.
- Drive sales call activity and lead by example. Ensure that each member of the team attains or over-achieves quota.
- Significant field travel expected.
- Deliver business results which include annual bookings goal, new logo production and AE participation at or above goal.
- Weekly review of activities, pipeline and if pipeline insufficient to deliver plan.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills required.
- Performance management of team.
What You Bring To The Team
- 5+ years successful field sales management experience in storage or core Information Technology infrastructure in highly competitive environment.
- Experience selling to IT departments and IT management is required.
- Passionate and persuasive. Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Proven track record of recruitment and associate development.
- Must have strong written and verbal communication skills and be able to clearly and effectively articulate Pure Storage’s value.
- Must be organized, detail and process oriented.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and use good judgment in identifying root causality and problem solving.
- Ability to coordinate Pure Storage resources to execute a complex sales strategy.
- Ability to use CRM and other online tools effectively.
- BA/BS required.
Pure creates opportunities for your development and career growth.
At Pure, we believe that each Puritan is a leader contributing to the success of our business, regardless of role. We offer an assortment of learning options available to all Puritans, including workshops on leadership, management, career development and more! We’re here to change the world and we hope you join us!
Our rewards philosophy is tailored to offer Puritans globally competitive compensation and benefits programs that enable innovation and growth. We offer a wide variety of benefits and perks including comprehensive medical insurance, meal service, opportunities to attend events, join sports leagues, employee assistance programs, work-life services, travel assistance, and employee resource groups – all of which are thoughtfully designed to maintain mind and body wellness. Through our Pure Good Foundation, we also offer numerous volunteer opportunities for employees to give back across the globe.
Pure is Committed to Equality
Pure is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other characteristic legally protected by the laws of the jurisdiction in which you are being considered for hire. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at TA-Ops@purestorage.com.