Our ambitious goal of helping innovators build a better world with data started in 2009. Today, we are one of the fastest growing enterprise companies in history, exceeding $1B in revenue at the end of 2017.
The world is experiencing a revolution driven by next-generation technology like AI, machine learning, virtual reality, quantum computing, and self-driving cars -- all of which require large amounts of data. Luckily for us, this means there’s more need for Pure’s technology than ever before - with solutions that deliver real-time, secure data to power mission-critical applications, DevOps, and modern analytics in multi-cloud environments. Our Satmetrix Net Promoter Score (NPS) score is in the top 1% of B2B companies worldwide, driven by our customer-first culture and unrelenting commitment to innovation.
We’re building a fast-growing company that employees, customers, partners, and investors love - and we’re looking for talented and passionate candidates to join us. For more information on Pure, check out the corporate fact sheet.
Pure is looking for a person with a perverse predilection of protecting the enterprise through developing processes with application programming interfaces. We’re looking for someone that likes to integrate purpose-built systems to create a whole that is more than the sum of its parts. The successful candidate cannot be placed in front of bailing wire, a soda can, stick of gum, and empty egg carton without MacGyver-ing it into something useful. You should want to effect change throughout a growing and vibrant company here in Silicon Valley.
What You Will Be Doing
- Responsible for Pure corporate security’s automation and orchestration platform.
- Make directional decisions on the best approach for programmatically integrating security systems.
- Implement workflows within vulnerability management, threat detection, and security compliance related systems.
- Develop self-service and auto-alerting methodologies to enable full-knowledge incident response and help our employees to secure their computing environment.
- Work with the Security Operations Manager to develop a set of key performance indicators that can be used to evaluate and improve Pure’s security program.
- Ability to choose quality movies in order to please a diverse set of interests.
- Identifies and leads opportunities for improving workflows.
- Work with other teams to proactively secure their systems and create a more complete security picture.
- Provide workflow and automation expertise to fellow team members.
- An ability to walk a security analyst through an approach to programmatically addressing routine tasks, including but not limited to databases, applications, network elements and devices, and data storage
What You Bring To The Team
- BS in computer science, engineering, or relevant work experience.
- 5+ years of total development experience.
- 3+ years of developing solutions using REST APIs.
- 2+ years working in or with security teams is preferred, but not required.
- A demonstrated interest in security and protecting information systems.
- Strong understanding of software engineering principles.
- Exposure to developing within a secure development lifecycle (SDLC) framework.
- A greater than passing knowledge of whisky to further the naming of security systems.
- Significant experience in developing code in at least 3 of:
- C / C++
- Unix Shell
- Some experience in networking and security technologies.
- Some experience and understanding of foundational Internet technologies, such as DNS, DHCP, TCP/IP, NTP, SMTP, etc.
- Pinpoint Nerf gun accuracy.
- Strong written and verbal skills with an ability to understand and communicate the technical aspects of computer security.
Pure creates opportunities for your development and career growth.
At Pure, we believe that each Puritan is a leader contributing to the success of our business, regardless of your role. We offer an assortment of learning options available to all Puritans, including workshops on leadership, management, and career development. And we support internal mobility that allows our employees to get exposure to different teams and projects across the company to learn and grow. We’re here to change the world and we hope you join us!
Our rewards philosophy is tailored to offer Puritans globally competitive compensation and benefits programs that enable innovation and growth. We offer a wide variety of benefits and perks including comprehensive medical insurance, meal service, opportunities to attend events, join sports leagues, employee assistance programs, work-life services, travel assistance, and employee resource groups – all of which are thoughtfully designed to maintain mind and body wellness. Through our Pure Good Foundation, we also offer numerous volunteer opportunities for employees to give back across the globe.
Pure is Committed to Equality
Pure is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other characteristic legally protected by the laws of the jurisdiction in which you are being considered for hire. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at TA-Ops@purestorage.com.