Pure Storage was founded with the ambitious goal of revolutionizing the computing infrastructure industry. Today we are building the data platform for the cloud era and we’ve accomplished the first step towards that goal by bringing to market the simplest and most reliable all-flash storage array in history. The full potential impact of our line of "Smart Storage" products is only beginning to be felt as customers discover the benefits and exciting applications that can be built on top of a Pure system.
For three straight years, Gartner has named Pure a leader in the Magic Quadrant for Solid-State Arrays. According to IDC, Pure has become a Top 10 data storage vendors faster than any other company in history. We continue to take market share, while achieving record-setting customer satisfaction scores for the enterprise technology industry. For more information, check out our corporate fact sheet here.
Topping the Bay Area’s Best Places to Work lists for 5 years running, we’ve built a team that has rich and diverse set of experiences and backgrounds. Puritans have a passion for innovation, creativity, customer success, transparency, teamwork and fun. We’re looking for talented people to join us on the journey.
Puritans come from various backgrounds and we thrive off challenging the norm. This cross pollination of backgrounds led to numerous ground breaking ideas and has helped us build one of the most reliable and easy to use storage systems in the industry. We strive to hire the best and brightest people, who excel in a cutting edge, fast paced, collaborative and transparent environment. We are seeking enthusiastic individuals to solve real world problems while having fun along the way.
As a Program Manager for the PMO you will partner with the Sales and Professional Services to insure Customer Success. Our goal will be to design and implement a unique customer engagement experience for professional Services Delivery that ensures we meet customer’s business needs and the expectations stemming from those needs. The Project Management Office will serve as a trusted advisor by providing tools, techniques and processes for executing on service delivery.
What You Will Be Doing
Establish governance for the Project Management Office. Initially you will oversee projects in your own portfolio and eventually lead other project managers to ensure projects are delivered on time and within budget and to satisfaction of the customer, Pure and Account team leadership.
The PMO will define and govern standards for project initiation through project completion. These standards will guide the Project Manager through the process for staging, presentation and signoff of key deliverables such as Project Kickoffs, Project Plans, Change Orders, regular Status and Risk reports. He/she will also facilitate planning sessions at various stages of the project lifecycle.
Critical to the success of this role will be the setting and management of customer expectations, in regards to project scope, the Pure Storage delivery model, stakeholder roles and responsibilities, timelines, escalation and change management-processes, communication and risk management plans.
This includes overall responsibility for the profitability of the project portfolio. Including evaluating the impact of change requests on overall customer satisfaction, profitability and business potential. Another key position attribute is having accountability for compliance with Pure Storage's revenue recognition rules and policies.
This role will also be integral to our business development efforts working closely with our sales organization, our partners and customers defining proposals and SOW’s and assuring Pure has identified the right scope and strategy to successfully deliver the desired outcomes. This role includes working with various teams to craft standard solutions for our service portfolio. The PMO will create methodologies and best practices and act as a change agent to build a culture of continuous improvement.
The PMO will provide support, assistance and guidance to project managers as needed in their day to day duties
- Throughout the project life cycle including but not limited to producing project documents including project definition, risk and requirement documents, weekly/monthly project status reports that report on the general health of projects and financial details
- Developing project plans and tracking progress versus the plan
- Maintain project/program reporting materials (via an online document repository such as Google Docs, Box and/or NetSuite) and maintain project status documentation
- Assist in reporting the impact of projects and effectively communicating the impact on the organization
- Establishing work timelines and effectively managing them
- Providing input into the program management process based on lessons learned
- Analyzes project financial performance and reports findings or trends
- Accomplish Pure’s mission by completing relevant duties as needed when requested by management
As the office expands the PMO will lead team of project managers by providing project management, leadership and oversight to project and/or work streams. Acts as role model provides feedback and coaching. The PMO will also be tasked to stay abreast of current industry trends and new technology through professional associations, trade journals, networking, and associated training and seminars. Its also expected that the Project Manager will complete and maintain industry recognized project management certifications and accreditations.
What You Bring To the Team
- 10+ Years background in the delivery of Professional Services including significant migration project experience, working with Large Enterprise Accounts, with global operations and multi PB storage landscapes.
- Deep migrations expertise, having lead large scale multi-PB migration projects, in mission critical environments, primarily business applications and complex SAN infrastructure
- Technical background with 10+ years storage experience
- Experience working in Tier one storage companies, or Enterprise level System Integrators or GSI’s
- Previous experience delivering through to completion, as Project Manager, managing and overseeing the delivery of migration services through hybrid delivery resources (Pure and Pure badged partners)
- Senior management ‘presence’ able to work in demanding environments with client IT Operations management teams
Pure creates opportunities for individual development and career growth.
We offer a six-month leadership development program for current employees looking to advance within the company, as well as sales and technical training programs for interns and recent graduates. We also host monthly workshops and panels that focus on a variety of topics ranging from honing the skills needed for career advancement to learning how to choose a mentor.