BE PART OF BUILDING THE FUTURE.
Since our founding in 2009, Pure Storage has empowered innovators to build a better world with data. In less than eight years, Pure reached $1B in sales, faster than nearly every enterprise company in history, and our incredible growth continues to outpace the competition.
Our mission? Deliver a simple, evergreen data platform that enables everyone to turn data into intelligence and advantage. The secret sauce? More than 3,000 team members (and growing!) around the world who join forces to invent the next big thing. And then the next one.
The world is experiencing a revolution driven by next-generation technology like AI, machine learning, virtual reality, quantum computing, and self-driving cars—all of which require unprecedented amounts of data. This sets the stage for Pure’s technology to grow exponentially in the coming years.
We’ve only scratched the surface of our ambitions, and as we continue to gobble up market share, we’re blazing trails and setting records:
- For five straight years, Gartner has named Pure a leader in the Magic Quadrant for Solid-State Arrays.
- Our customer-first culture and unwavering commitment to innovation have earned us a Satmetrix Net Promoter Score in the top 1% of B2B companies globally.
- Pure puts a premium on the future, investing 26% of revenue into R&D.
If you, like us, say “bring it on” to exciting challenges that change the world, we have endless opportunities where you can make your mark.
SHOULD YOU ACCEPT THIS CHALLENGE...
The GSI (Global System Integrator) business is a growth engine for Pure and within this business, we have a number of GSIs that are our priority, both in launch and execute phases. This is projected to grow by over 200% in FY20.
We have been working with CTOs, CFOs, CIOs and CEOs across all GSIs to agree a Strategic ‘Go to Market’ Alliance to drive standard offerings and value for both organisations.
To this end, Pure Storage is seeking an experienced GSI Offering Development General Manager, who will have end to end responsibility for driving Pure’s strategy and execution of standard offerings across all GSIs, globally. The mandate of this role will be to lead a global team which is capable of driving the creation of new portfolio offerings, delivering consumption of committed Pure solutions and services, driving exponential bookings growth and ensuring our industry leading NPS score of 86.6% is maintained through the delivery of world class service. You will report directly into the VP of GSI solution architecture, supporting the Regional Solution Architecture Directors and the Global Solution Architects for their respective GSI and driving their standard offerings.
Success will be measured primarily on quarterly and annual invoiced revenues as well as other objectives set on a quarterly basis.
Develop and drive a Global Account Strategy
- Proven track record of being able to build and maintain relationships with CFO, COO and CTO of Fortune 100 companies.
- Ability to agree and deliver a Global Strategy with board level stakeholders
- Able to manage multiple priorities and work activities of a large global team.
- History of successfully inspiring, managing and driving a global account team to deliver on a strategy, applying both tactical and strategic models, to ensure consistency both in short term and long-term results.
- Track record of leading external Quarterly Business Reviews with board level stakeholders.
Drive the creation of Portfolio Offerings
- Overall responsibility for the roadmap vision for the portfolio offerings.
- Track record of overseeing the development and delivery of complex portfolio and service offerings. Demonstrate the technical vision and business acumen required to perform this role.
- Able to match offerings to market needs.
- Able to navigate complex organisational boundaries to deliver cross-functional outcomes within the client.
- Understanding of vertical nuances required to drive Industry specific offerings.
Drive go to market sales Strategy
- Overall responsibility for bookings growth.
- Evidence a level of DXC relationships at CXO, as well as Industry and Portfolio leaders.
- Establish and maintain contact with these key partners and key customer decision makers
- Demonstrate a track record of leading accounts of $100m+ and delivering 50% growth.
- Track record of leading a global organisation with 5-10 Sales Executives and being able to coach and mentor these sales professionals to exceed the overall revenue plan.
- Track record of leading and closing complex negotiations for large technology deals.
- Track record of putting together board level presentations and proposals and being able to lead a team in front of a CXO.
- Understanding of working with Channel Managers, End-User Sales Managers and Regional Sales Leaders.
- Demonstrate understanding of how both a Technology and service company works
Oversee the delivery of world class GSI Offering Development
- Demonstrate a history of having overall responsibility of service delivery. Including migration factories, deployment, support, operations, incident management.
- Programme management experience including stakeholder management, risk management and mitigation, change impact assessment and execution and financial project management.
- Ability to build a team from a matrixed organisation and drive resource plans across multiple teams.
- Understanding of the importance of high-quality customer service to ongoing sales.
- Track record of managing large programmes of work and project/ programme professionals.
- Prepare and meet regional sales forecasts, providing updates as required.
- Ensure timely and accurate revenue, customer and management reports using in-house systems, evangelizing the use of Salesforce for forecasting and prospect tracking requirements
- Meet or exceed financial objectives, include budget and profitability metrics
- Negotiation of commercial and financial terms and commercial performance.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO BRING TO THIS ROLE...
- Previous General Management Experience of accounts of over $50m and preferably over $100m. It would be a big advantage if this had been achieved within DXC.
- Intimacy with key board level sponsors and VP level influencers within DXC
- Strong technology background and experience of defining and implementing portfolio solutions.
- Team leadership skills and the ability to communicate your vision to a global team
- Evidence of major account development and strategic sales acumen, with a track record of Board level negotiation and presentation skills.
- Strong understanding and experience in how to manage delivery teams and drive project and programme plans.
- Exceptional people skills and a proven ability to developed and foster a team environment.
- Excellent business acumen and the ability to balance the tactical (short term success) with the strategic (long term success)
- Ability to understand financial and budget models
- Excellent presentation skills
- Results orientation
- Highly motivated
- The ability to travel as required
BE YOU—CORPORATE CLONES NEED NOT APPLY.
Pure is where you ask big questions, think differently, and make an impact. This is not just a job, but a place where you have a voice and can accelerate your career. We value unique thoughts and celebrate individuality, and with ample opportunity to learn, develop yourself, and expand into different roles, joining Pure is an investment in your career journey.
Through our Pure Equality program, which supports a flourishing field of employee resource groups, we nourish the personal and professional lives of our team members. And our Pure Good Foundation gives back to local and global communities through volunteering and grants.
And because we understand the value of bringing your full and best self to work, we offer a variety of perks to manage a healthy balance, including flexible time off, wellness resources, and company-sponsored team events.
PURE IS COMMITTED TO EQUALITY.
Pure is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other characteristic legally protected by the laws of the jurisdiction in which you are being considered for hire. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at TA-Ops@purestorage.com.