Our ambitious goal of helping innovators build a better world with data started in 2009. Today, we are one of the fastest growing enterprise companies in history, surpassing $1B in revenue at the end of 2017.
The world is experiencing a technological revolution driven by AI, machine learning, virtual reality, quantum computing and self-driving cars -- all of which require large amounts of data and put Pure’s technology literally in the driver’s seat. Our solutions deliver real-time, secure data to power mission-critical production, DevOps, and modern analytics in multi-cloud environments. With an NPS score in the top 1% of B2B companies worldwide, our customer-first culture and commitment to innovation create a thriving company that employees, customers, partners, and investors love. For more information on our business, check out the corporate fact sheet here.
Sales & Solution Team at Pure
Puritans come from various backgrounds and we thrive off of challenging the norm. This cross-pollination of backgrounds led to numerous ground-breaking ideas and has helped us build one of the most reliable and easy to use storage systems in the industry. We strive to hire the best and brightest people, who excel in a cutting-edge, fast-paced, collaborative and transparent environment. We are seeking enthusiastic individuals to solve real-world problems while having fun along the way.
What You Will Be Doing
The GSI (Global System Integrator) business is a growth engine for Pure and within this business, we have a number of GSIs that are our priority, both in launch and execute phases. This is projected to grow by over 200% in FY20.
We have been working with CTOs, CFOs, CIOs and CEOs across all GSIs to agree a Strategic ‘Go to Market’ Alliance to drive standard offerings and value for both organisations.
To this end, Pure Storage is seeking an experienced GSI Offering Development General Manager, who will have end to end responsibility for driving Pure’s strategy and execution of standard offerings across all GSIs, globally. The mandate of this role will be to lead a global team which is capable of driving the creation of new portfolio offerings, delivering consumption of committed Pure solutions and services, driving exponential bookings growth and ensuring our industry leading NPS score of 86.6% is maintained through the delivery of world class service. You will report directly into the VP of GSI solution architecture, supporting the Regional Solution Architecture Directors and the Global Solution Architects for their respective GSI and driving their standard offerings.
Success will be measured primarily on quarterly and annual invoiced revenues as well as other objectives set on a quarterly basis.
Develop and drive a Global Account Strategy
- Proven track record of being able to build and maintain relationships with CFO, COO and CTO of Fortune 100 companies.
- Ability to agree and deliver a Global Strategy with board level stakeholders
- Able to manage multiple priorities and work activities of a large global team.
- History of successfully inspiring, managing and driving a global account team to deliver on a strategy, applying both tactical and strategic models, to ensure consistency both in short term and long-term results.
- Track record of leading external Quarterly Business Reviews with board level stakeholders.
Drive the creation of Portfolio Offerings
- Overall responsibility for the roadmap vision for the portfolio offerings.
- Track record of overseeing the development and delivery of complex portfolio and service offerings. Demonstrate the technical vision and business acumen required to perform this role.
- Able to match offerings to market needs.
- Able to navigate complex organisational boundaries to deliver cross-functional outcomes within the client.
- Understanding of vertical nuances required to drive Industry specific offerings.
Drive go to market sales Strategy
- Overall responsibility for bookings growth.
- Evidence a level of DXC relationships at CXO, as well as Industry and Portfolio leaders.
- Establish and maintain contact with these key partners and key customer decision makers
- Demonstrate a track record of leading accounts of $100m+ and delivering 50% growth.
- Track record of leading a global organisation with 5-10 Sales Executives and being able to coach and mentor these sales professionals to exceed the overall revenue plan.
- Track record of leading and closing complex negotiations for large technology deals.
- Track record of putting together board level presentations and proposals and being able to lead a team in front of a CXO.
- Understanding of working with Channel Managers, End-User Sales Managers and Regional Sales Leaders.
- Demonstrate understanding of how both a Technology and service company works
Oversee the delivery of world class GSI Offering Development
- Demonstrate a history of having overall responsibility of service delivery. Including migration factories, deployment, support, operations, incident management.
- Programme management experience including stakeholder management, risk management and mitigation, change impact assessment and execution and financial project management.
- Ability to build a team from a matrixed organisation and drive resource plans across multiple teams.
- Understanding of the importance of high-quality customer service to ongoing sales.
- Track record of managing large programmes of work and project/ programme professionals.
- Prepare and meet regional sales forecasts, providing updates as required.
- Ensure timely and accurate revenue, customer and management reports using in-house systems, evangelizing the use of Salesforce for forecasting and prospect tracking requirements
- Meet or exceed financial objectives, include budget and profitability metrics
- Negotiation of commercial and financial terms and commercial performance.
What You Bring To The Team
- Previous General Management Experience of accounts of over $50m and preferably over $100m. It would be a big advantage if this had been achieved within DXC.
- Intimacy with key board level sponsors and VP level influencers within DXC
- Strong technology background and experience of defining and implementing portfolio solutions.
- Team leadership skills and the ability to communicate your vision to a global team
- Evidence of major account development and strategic sales acumen, with a track record of Board level negotiation and presentation skills.
- Strong understanding and experience in how to manage delivery teams and drive project and programme plans.
- Exceptional people skills and a proven ability to developed and foster a team environment.
- Excellent business acumen and the ability to balance the tactical (short term success) with the strategic (long term success)
- Ability to understand financial and budget models
- Excellent presentation skills
- Results orientation
- Highly motivated
- The ability to travel as required
Pure creates opportunities for your development and career growth.
At Pure, we believe that each Puritan is a leader contributing to the success of our business, regardless of role. We offer an assortment of learning options available to all Puritans, including workshops on leadership, management, career development and more! We’re here to change the world and we hope you join us!
Pure offers an unlimited vacation policy, free lunches, meditation rooms, free yoga classes and employee resource groups, such as Pure Equality and Pure Vets, to encourage all of our employees to maintain mind and body wellness. We offer numerous volunteer opportunities for employees to give back not only to the Bay Area, but across the globe.