Our ambitious goal of helping innovators build a better world with data started in 2009. Today, we are one of the fastest growing enterprise companies in history, exceeding $1B in revenue at the end of 2017.
The world is experiencing a revolution driven by next-generation technology like AI, machine learning, virtual reality, quantum computing, and self-driving cars -- all of which require large amounts of data. Luckily for us, this means there’s more need for Pure’s technology than ever before - with solutions that deliver real-time, secure data to power mission-critical applications, DevOps, and modern analytics in multi-cloud environments. Our Satmetrix Net Promoter Score (NPS) score is in the top 1% of B2B companies worldwide, driven by our customer-first culture and unrelenting commitment to innovation.
We’re building a fast-growing company that employees, customers, partners, and investors love - and we’re looking for talented and passionate candidates to join us. For more information on Pure, check out the corporate fact sheet.
Our Inside Sales Team
The Inside Sales Organization is where our company mission begins. The ISO serves three critical functions: 1) increasing Field Sales productivity and pipeline by establishing qualified customer appointments, 2) supporting our business segments and vertical industry sales with ISO roles that increase the productivity and attainment of those segments and vertical markets, and 3) developing future sales professionals for field assignments.
Pure’s Inside Sales Academy is a guided path to developing sales expertise while offering career advancement through demonstrated achievement. Pure’s Inside Sales Academy is an evolving program design that includes new hire onboarding, mentor program, ongoing product and sales training, and daily opportunities to collaborate with peers and experts in the company to create better effectiveness at meeting the ISO teams’ goals and develop the professional qualities for a professional sales career.
The Program emphasizes a bold culture by establishing high activity habits, prospecting skills, writing skills, introductory call structures, sales and presentation skills. Inside Sales is a path to future opportunities for ISO candidates’ eager to develop and invest their time, talents and energies in a hyper-growth, highly ambitious enterprise technology company firmly rooted in Silicon Valley and leading one of the most significant technology transitions occurring today: the transition from disk to flash storage.
Pure Storage and our ISO thrive on a constructive, encouraging culture. We work hard and play hard! Successes are broadly shared and recognized while responsibility for individual performance remains a daily expectation. Individual accomplishments are rewarded but collaboration and teamwork is the lifeblood of ISO.
We have grown at record speeds and are looking to continue building our team of incredible talent with dynamic, ambitious energetic sales professionals looking to excel in their careers and help drive impact at Pure Storage.
You will supervise a team of sales development representatives who are responsible for creating qualified sales appointments generated through inbound leads. You will help facilitate the achievement of these goals by hiring and training employees; coaching them on their selling skills and help support their daily activities. This manager works closely with cross-functional teams including marketing and field sales leadership on programs designed to help achieve company revenue goals. You should be familiar with a deep understanding and experience in inside sales models as well as sales, marketing and operational concepts, practices, and procedures and rely on extensive experience and discernment to plan and accomplish goals. You will perform a variety of tasks and be a part of building a growing team in an exciting fast-growth company. A wide degree of creativity, accountability, and ownership is expected.
What You Will Be Doing
Lead a Mountain View-based team of approximately 7 Sales Development Reps
- Responsible for employee enablement, evaluation of staff and development of talent
- Manage team performance against quotas, forecasts and key metrics for the ISO team - executes operating plans and ensures ISO objectives are met.
- Collaboration and teaming cross-functionally with our partners, marketing, and operations on campaign design and execution.
- Recognition and Reward program design
- Drive TeleQualified Lead (TQLs/Meetings) and bookings/pipeline growth through consistently achieving individual and team quotas.
- Monitor daily activity of SDRs including outbound calls, targeting specific customers to achieve objectives and running sales support activities
- Conduct weekly 1-1s and team meetings to maintain consistent communication and collaboration with each team member
- Coaching and activity planning for a diverse approach to customer prospecting ranging from marketing follow up, sales AE engagement and channel teaming
- Establish and report on key metrics to measure the performance of the inside sales activities; create plans and execution steps to correct deficiencies where necessary
- Collaborate with the cross theater inside and outside sales leadership on operational excellence, consistency, territory planning and execution
- Maintain and promote a successful and positive work environment;
- Train new hires and provide coaching and mentoring to direct reports
What You Bring To The Team
- 2 to 3 years of Sales Management or supervisory experience in the storage or high-tech industry.
- 2 to 3 years of demonstrated experience as an SDR and/or Inside sales rep
- Demonstrated experience building, training, handling, growing and developing a world-class inside sales team
- Consistent record of successful management of your team members
- Demonstrated knowledge & expertise setting up of different inside sales tools, methodologies, technologies and customer relationship management (CRM) systems: SalesForce.Com, Insidesales.com, Discover.org etc
- Knowledge of virtualization technology, database, and deep understanding storage preferred
- Demonstrated experience with selling through partners in an inside sales management role
- Bachelor's degree in area of specialty, master’s degree a plus
- Must be willing and able to work in an open office, team environment.
Pure creates opportunities for your development and career growth.
At Pure, we believe that each Puritan is a leader contributing to the success of our business, regardless of your role. We offer an assortment of learning options available to all Puritans, including workshops on leadership, management, and career development. And we support internal mobility that allows our employees to get exposure to different teams and projects across the company to learn and grow. We’re here to change the world and we hope you join us!
Our rewards philosophy is tailored to offer Puritans globally competitive compensation and benefits programs that enable innovation and growth. We offer a wide variety of benefits and perks including comprehensive medical insurance, meal service, opportunities to attend events, join sports leagues, employee assistance programs, work-life services, travel assistance, and employee resource groups – all of which are thoughtfully designed to maintain mind and body wellness. Through our Pure Good Foundation, we also offer numerous volunteer opportunities for employees to give back across the globe.
Pure is Committed to Equality
Pure is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other characteristic legally protected by the laws of the jurisdiction in which you are being considered for hire. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at TA-Ops@purestorage.com.