Our ambitious goal of helping innovators build a better world with data started in 2009. Today, we are one of the fastest growing enterprise companies in history, exceeding $1B in revenue at the end of 2017.
The world is experiencing a technological revolution driven by AI, machine learning, virtual reality, quantum computing and self-driving cars -- all of which require large amounts of data and put Pure’s technology literally in the driver’s seat. Our solutions deliver real-time, secure data to power critical production, DevOps, and modern analytics in multi-cloud environments.
FlashBlade Team at Pure
Puritans come from various backgrounds and we thrive off challenging the norm. This cross pollination of backgrounds led to numerous ground breaking ideas and has helped us build one of the most reliable and easy to use storage systems in the industry.
The FlashBlade team is responsible for FlashBlade and ObjectEngine products. With the FlashBlade product, we are building a scale-out all-flash file and object store, designed for the modern world. To really understand how our customers work with data, we are deeply immersed in AI, modern backup, log analytics with Splunk and Elastic, data pipeline with Kafka, cluster computing with Spark, and many more use cases. With the ObjectEngine product we are looking to modernize data protection by driving to a new architecture of F2F2C (Flash to Flash to Cloud). We are looking for a strong, driven, collaborative Engineering Director to join our Flashblade team at Pure.
What You Will Be Doing
- Lead, coach and manage multiple engineering managers and engineers in Mountain View and as the teams expand will also manage distributed teams outside of Mountain View.
- Partner closely with the FlashBlade Engineering leadership to create high impact and deep ownership across the organization.
- Help solve scaling challenges as the team goes through explosive growth.
- Own, define and lead strategy and roadmap, balancing short term and long term priorities against business goals.
- Innovate, invent and deploy leading edge FlashBlade and ObjectEngine products.
- Partner closely with both internal and external stakeholders to create, drive and deliver end-to-end system-level products through explosive growth.
What You Bring To The Team
- 5-10 years experience managing engineering managers and teams.
- Proven experience leading and scaling system-level enterprise products.
- Ability to set and drive the “big picture” strategy while also having the capability to provide detailed technical guidance to the team.
- A passion for technology and technical depth to uncover root causes of complex technical problems and provide guidance on solving them.
- High energy, sense of urgency and passion with a "can do" attitude.
- Ability to collaborate and work cross functionally.
- Strong communication skills with proven ability to build trust, credibility and influence.
- Prior experience in storage is preferred, but not required. However, experience in the operating systems level ecosystem is strongly preferred.
Pure offers an unlimited vacation policy, free lunches, meditation rooms, free yoga classes and employee resource groups to encourage all of our employees to maintain mind and body wellness. Through our Pure Good Foundation, we also offer numerous volunteer opportunities for employees to give back not only to the Bay Area but across the globe.
Pure is Committed to Equality
Pure is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other characteristic legally protected by the laws of the jurisdiction in which you are being considered for hire. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org