Our ambitious goal of helping innovators build a better world with data started in 2009. Today, we are one of the fastest growing enterprise companies in history, exceeding $1B in revenue at the end of 2017.
The world is experiencing a revolution driven by next-generation technology like AI, machine learning, virtual reality, quantum computing, and self-driving cars -- all of which require large amounts of data. Luckily for us, this means there’s more need for Pure’s technology than ever before - with solutions that deliver real-time, secure data to power mission-critical applications, DevOps, and modern analytics in multi-cloud environments. Our Satmetrix Net Promoter Score (NPS) score is in the top 1% of B2B companies worldwide, driven by our customer-first culture and unrelenting commitment to innovation.
We’re building a fast-growing company that employees, customers, partners, and investors love - and we’re looking for talented and passionate candidates to join us. For more information on Pure, check out the corporate fact sheet.
Puritans come from various backgrounds and we thrive off of challenging the norm. This cross pollination of backgrounds led to numerous ground-breaking ideas and has helped us build one of the most reliable and easy to use storage systems in the industry. We aim to hire the best and brightest people, who excel in a cutting edge, fast paced, collective and open environment. We are seeking enthusiastic individuals to solve real world problems while having fun along the way.
What You Will Be Doing
As a Technical Design Architect (Active Cluster & Cloud), you will utilize your strong technical competencies in the field of replication, clustering, cloud offerings as well as data migrations, to provide the highest level of implementation capability and technical consultation to both customers and Pure sales teams to support sales goals. You will work on cross-functional teams including Sales, Product Marketing, Business Development Managers, Services and engineering to scope and help sell Professional Services solutions for homogeneous and heterogeneous solutions to customers/partners. You will become intimately acquainted with the customer's/partner’s business requirements, technical needs, systems, environment and service history, enabling you to present targeted solutions to our customer base. You will build replication, clustering and migration solutions for our customers and will be expected to be a member of the hands-on team delivering these services across the Americas. The role covers pre-sales and delivery functions, and you will be comfortable with performing either role as demand dictates.
You will possess a thorough understanding of IT architecture, designing solutions, networking and implementation of these solutions and must have significant experience across different replication technologies, clustering, cloud and data migration solutions. You will also be experienced in delivering large scale and complex projects utilizing all the mentioned offerings and will also be skilled in scripting to enable automation of these processes where appropriate.
TDAs work with customers, sales teams, engineering and Pure partners to:
- To understand prospect’s technical needs related to a specific market or specific product (i.e. block, virtualized, file solutions, clustering, replication best practice, disaster recovery, business contingency).
- In a post-sales consultative role to support the implementation of the professional services solution that was scoped and subsequently sold.
- To provide technical consultation/education to the sales teams and keep them apprised on new replication offerings and data migrations solutions.
- Participate in customer evaluations and proof of concepts on Pure systems.
- Advise and consult on engineering developments and strategies for replication, clustering and data migrations, ensuring these solutions meet and integrate into our clients DR and BCP best practices.
- Plan, conduct and direct projects to support sales efforts and address future customer needs
- Evaluate partner proposals for migration services to ensure they deliver quality and value for money to Pure.
- Deliver replication, clustering and migration solutions to our customers, either as a sole resource or member of a team.
- Develop scripts for both integration of Pure storage into a customer’s operational environment and the automation of replication, clustering, cloud and data migrations.
Job Requirements - Experience with the below technologies.
- FlashArray experience / Replication technologies (Active Cluster or similar).
- Amazon AWS, Microsoft Azure and other cloud-based offerings.
- Data Center Migrations/Consolidations/Toolsets.
- Networking concepts and high-level designs.
- Cirrus Data Solutions Appliance (or Appliance based solutions for migrating block data).
- Virtualization Tools - Cisco/Microsoft/VMWare (Cloud solutions).
- Proven experience of scripting languages such as Perl, Shell, Powershell, Visual Basic, Python.
- Networking infrastructure (Nexus / ACI / Broadcom / Brocade).
- Other technical platform or infrastructure migration tools such as Logical Volume Manager (LVM), Datadobi, StorageX, Open Replicator.
- Data Center Migration Implementations for block and file.
- Multi-vendor server and storage platforms and performance tuning experience.
- Windows, AIX and Linux Operating systems.
- Hyper-V and VMWare ESX (vRA / SRM).
- Amazon AWS, Microsoft Azure and other cloud-based offerings.
- Disaster Recovery, Replication, Backup technologies (Zerto / Veeam / Rubrik / Veritas NBU).
- Preparation and delivery of technical and architecture solution.
- Contribute significant portions for data migration solutions to RFPs, RFQs and RFIs.
- Superior knowledge of current and emerging storage architectures (FC, iSCSI, NAS, OSD, SAN).
- UNIX OS, NFS file systems and UNIX distributed network environment.
- Knowledge of Local Area Networking, Ethernet, TCP/IP and general networking.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Team leadership skills.
- BS in CS, EE or other technical degree and/or equivalent experience.
- 8 to 10 years of experience is preferred.
- A Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering; or related field is required; a Graduate Degree is preferred.
- Experience which demonstrates a significant level of expertise in technical specifications required to sell Pure products and services is required.
- Specialized knowledge in breadth and/or depth in data migration tool sets (specifically the Cirrus Data Appliance) and disciplines.
- Strong aptitude for learning new technologies and understanding how to utilize them in a customer facing environment.
- Ability to follow standard engineering principles and practices.
- Creative approach to problem solving.
- Travel to the prospective customer's domestic sites and other global sites as necessary.
What You Bring to The Team
We look for talent and culture first, specific technologies second, so once you decide Pure is the right place for you, we will match you with the right project to start with. Plus, we like people to have the ability to do different things and be constantly learning, so we encourage our engineers to move around to different teams and project across the company.
Pure creates opportunities for your development and career growth.
At Pure, we believe that each Puritan is a leader contributing to the success of our business, regardless of your role. We offer an assortment of learning options available to all Puritans, including workshops on leadership, management, and career development. And we support internal mobility that allows our employees to get exposure to different teams and projects across the company to learn and grow. We’re here to change the world and we hope you join us!
Our rewards philosophy is tailored to offer Puritans globally competitive compensation and benefits programs that enable innovation and growth. We offer a wide variety of benefits and perks including comprehensive medical insurance, meal service, opportunities to attend events, join sports leagues, employee assistance programs, work-life services, travel assistance, and employee resource groups – all of which are thoughtfully designed to maintain mind and body wellness. Through our Pure Good Foundation, we also offer numerous volunteer opportunities for employees to give back across the globe.
Pure is Committed to Equality
Pure is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other characteristic legally protected by the laws of the jurisdiction in which you are being considered for hire. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at TA-Ops@purestorage.com.