Our ambitious goal of helping innovators build a better world with data started in 2009. Today, we are one of the fastest growing enterprise companies in history, exceeding $1B in revenue at the end of 2017.
The world is experiencing a revolution driven by next-generation technology like AI, machine learning, virtual reality, quantum computing, and self-driving cars -- all of which require large amounts of data. Luckily for us, this means there’s more need for Pure’s technology than ever before - with solutions that deliver real-time, secure data to power mission-critical applications, DevOps, and modern analytics in multi-cloud environments. Our Satmetrix Net Promoter Score (NPS) score is in the top 1% of B2B companies worldwide, driven by our customer-first culture and unrelenting commitment to innovation.
We’re building a fast-growing company that employees, customers, partners, and investors love - and we’re looking for talented and passionate candidates to join us. For more information on Pure, check out the corporate fact sheet.
HR People Analytics Team at Pure
At Pure we are building a world-class People Analytics function. Our mission is to enable and drive evidence-based decision making throughout Pure through our unique blend of HR expertise, knowledge from diverse disciplines (sociology, i/o psychology, economics) and strong statistical and data science skills. We are responsible for building and maintaining a world-class integrated, scalable HR reporting and analytics infrastructure.
We are looking to add a data visualization and reporting enthusiast to the team. You will be supporting the team in developing and maintaining our growing suite of Tableau dashboards, OneModel data warehouse and reporting suite through agile development methods. This includes independent consultation with Pure leadership, HR and other end users to create high value dashboards, data visualizations and story-telling. You will also have primary responsibility for data expansion, data integrity and security across our platforms.
What You Will Be Doing
- Design the HR data reporting architecture including requirements and design of HR metrics, reports and dashboards aligned with the strategic business priorities of the firm
- Focus: design, create and maintain talent-related Tableau dashboards with world-class visualization and creativity
- Focus: work with operational system owners and operators to identify, correct and prevent data quality issues
- Work with stakeholders (HR and business leaders) on defining dashboards requirements, agile development path, communicate progress and collect continuous feedback
- Extract data from people related systems, join it with other data, implement necessary transformation using formulas and calculations, apply statistics, then deliver it to stakeholders through reports, dashboards and presentations
- Facilitate business needs into actionable items and processes, then resenting analysis to stakeholders
What You Bring To The Team
- Currently enrolled in a B.S., M.S., or PhD program in Computer Science, Statistics, Informatics, or a related field through the end of 2019 or beyond
- Masters or PhD student preferred
- Able to work full-time (40 hours/week) for 12 weeks during summer program
- Ideal candidate has previous experience
- Identify and elicit information from stakeholders
- Ability to understand and write business requirements
- Create, document, and document procedures
- Understanding and familiarity with advanced Tableau features such as calculations, LOD calculations, blending, row level security, etc. a plus
- Experience working with Tableau extracts and live connections a plus
- Ability (or strong desire to learn) to read and write SQL used for source queries and transformation a plus
- Strong project management skills a plus
- Judgment to handle sensitive information with integrity and professionalism
- Able to juggle multiple tasks while still delivering high quality results
- Well organized, flexible, proactive and resourceful
- Strong interpersonal skills. Able to function as a respected partner to all manner of stakeholders among varied levels of management
- Must be willing and able to work in an open office, team environment.
Pure creates opportunities for your development and career growth.
At Pure, we believe that each Puritan is a leader contributing to the success of our business, regardless of your role. We offer an assortment of learning options available to all Puritans, including workshops on leadership, management, and career development. And we support internal mobility that allows our employees to get exposure to different teams and projects across the company to learn and grow. We’re here to change the world and we hope you join us!
We aim to inspire all of our employees to maintain mind and body wellness. Pure interns receive similar perks as full-time employees, such as free lunches, meditation rooms, free yoga classes, and access to employee resource groups and company events. We partner with our Pure Good Foundation to provide volunteer opportunities during your internship.
Pure is Committed to Equality
Pure is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other characteristic legally protected by the laws of the jurisdiction in which you are being considered for hire. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at TA-Ops@purestorage.com.