Our ambitious goal of helping innovators build a better world with data started in 2009. Today, we are one of the fastest growing enterprise companies in history, exceeding $1B in revenue at the end of 2017.
The world is experiencing a technological revolution driven by AI, machine learning, virtual reality, quantum computing and self-driving cars -- all of which require large amounts of data and put Pure’s technology literally in the driver’s seat. Our solutions deliver real-time, secure data to power critical production, DevOps, and modern analytics in multi-cloud environments.
FlashBlade Team at Pure
Puritans come from various backgrounds and we thrive off challenging the norm. This cross pollination of backgrounds led to numerous ground breaking ideas and has helped us build one of the most reliable and easy to use storage systems in the industry.
With the FlashBlade product, we are building a scale-out all-flash file and object store, designed for the modern world. To really understand how our customers work with data, we are deeply immersed in AI, modern backup, log analytics with Splunk and Elastic, data pipeline with Kafka, cluster computing with Spark, and many more use cases. We are looking for a senior DevOps engineer who loves to solve hard problems and create reliable, scalable, high-performance tools and infrastructure to support other engineers.
What You Will Be Doing
- Designing, building, and managing a rapidly growing infrastructure (both physical and virtual servers as well as networking and storage) by creating scalable, reliable and consistent deployment patterns for an environment which is critical to the internal testing and development of Pure Storage products.
- Supporting a dedicated set of brilliant software and hardware engineers in a startup-like environment.
- Bringing new ideas and innovations to the table, with a focus on continuous improvement and productivity of the team overall.
- Responding reliably, taking ownership, and participating in a periodic on-call rotation.
- Working autonomously, with minimal supervision and communicating early and often. We don’t value unnecessary meetings and micro-management – we value getting things done and done right!
What You Bring to The Team
- 5+ years of solid infrastructure administration experience, designing and implementing virtualization and automation environments preferably in a DevOps setting (KVM, VMware, Docker).
- Broad experience in DevOps best practices with on-prem, cloud, automation and self-service capabilities.
- Passionate operational mindset with hands-on experience diagnosing and troubleshooting systems, including performance management and capacity planning.
- Experience with configuration management tools such as Ansible and Puppet.
- Strong scripting or development experience (e.g. Powershell, Python).
- Familiar with networking concepts and services - both IPv4 and IPv6 - (DNS/DHCP, NFS, CIFS/SMB, NAT, WMI/WSMAN, etc.).
- Self motivated with a strong sense of ownership, “can-do” attitude, urgency and drive.
- Physical ability to lift and rack equipment (approx. 30 lbs.).
- Ability to be on-call 24x7 at least one week per month.
Pure creates opportunities for your development and career growth.
At Pure, we believe that each Puritan is a leader contributing to the success of our business, regardless of role. We offer an assortment of learning options available to all Puritans, including workshops on leadership, management, career development and more! We’re here to change the world and we hope you join us!
Pure offers an unlimited vacation policy, free lunches, meditation rooms, free yoga classes and employee resource groups to encourage all of our employees to maintain mind and body wellness. Through our Pure Good Foundation, we also offer numerous volunteer opportunities for employees to give back not only to the Bay Area, but across the globe.
Pure is Committed to Equality
Pure is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other characteristic legally protected by the laws of the jurisdiction in which you are being considered for hire. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.